Page 3 of 3 First 123

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And also, BIG thanks to the Bullshido Bullies here for this website. Being completely new to MA, I had NO idea what to look for and what to avoid in my search for a program. Ive scraped MANY threads in my short time here and I've read A LOT! The information here and the investigations published here helped me A LOT in my search for a good program with good people.

THANK YOU BULLIES for making the ingformation here freely available!

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogger View Post
    I do long slow distance stuff every morning with my dog, and either sled sprints or kettlebell work on squat/deadlift days for conditioning. My conditioning is pretty good but one of the points that the group drove home to me last night was: "you want to stay tight but you don't want to waste energy going all out trying to get the guy off of you." and that makes sense. I'm a strong dude but the leverage these guys were getting was making them feel like they weighed a damn half ton, at times. Learn the techniques and when to use them and don't try to brute force the opponent right now, you'll only wear yourself out. It was a great first lesson. :-)
    Yeah I hear ya...Plus the lighter guys are quick and flexible like gumby. I trained bjj years ago and getting back into it is one of the best things I've done for myself. I have been hitting the gym hard for the past year, but bjj requires a different type of wind....it's gonna get me down to single digit body fat%

You are absolutely right about the strength thing, I'm definitely stronger but a 175 lb dude can feel like a 300 pound barbell on your chest with the right leverage.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogger View Post
    And also, BIG thanks to the Bullshido Bullies here for this website. Being completely new to MA, I had NO idea what to look for and what to avoid in my search for a program. Ive scraped MANY threads in my short time here and I've read A LOT! The information here and the investigations published here helped me A LOT in my search for a good program with good people.

THANK YOU BULLIES for making the ingformation here freely available!

megadittos.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RhinoUP View Post
    ...but a 175 lb dude can feel like a 300 pound barbell on your chest with the right leverage.
    Hopefully I can get good enough at this so that my blocky 220 pounds feels like a Ford F350 rolling over somebody LOL

Page 3 of 3 First 123