Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 9:33am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see more pussies on this thread than I do at the AVN Awards.

Nobody has commented on the amount of restraint that Hedge used in this scenario. He obviously had every opportunity to do great harm to this dude...and basically just exercised control for the most part.

Yes...it would have been horrible if one of the bystanders had a gun, knife or bazooka, but I'm assuming Hedge knew the lay of the land better than we do watching that video.

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 9:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, Hedge maintained control of the dude which was good. He also didn't allow it to turn into a bunch of dudes jumping the guy and stomping him into the concrete.

I really do miss the days when a guy could take an ass kicking, then go home and learn his lesson. No cops involved, no bleeding hearts trying to freak out in the news, and no one suing the other person.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 10:21am

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    A lot of people don't know this, but it's actually possible to stab someone while they're standing up, too.
    Save that **** for the Wing Chun "no going to the ground in a street fight" crowd. You know what I was saying with my comment.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 12:00pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefron View Post
    I think people are paying a BJJ instructor to teach them BJJ. Hedge obviously knows his BJJ.
    You missed my point. He's in a leadership position acting like an ass. And I never implied he didn't have BJJ skeelz.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 12:10pm

Style: Tkd,mauythai,bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pretty shitty looking neighborhood to do that in. I used to live in one similar, if you grapple they either push or kick you off to stand you guys up so they can spectate, you are very lucky no one did that. Regardless i still would have done the same, especially for the chick, and...

GO YOU. **** EM UP. GRAPPLE FTW.

Eat. Sleep. Save Bitches. Repeat.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 12:13pm

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yo Hedge, I'm really happy for you, I'm'a let you finish, but D-Bo had the best fight vid of all time! Of all time!!!

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 12:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    You missed my point. He's in a leadership position acting like an ass. And I never implied he didn't have BJJ skeelz.
    I think you are missing the point here.

He is a BJJ instructor because he has BJJ skeelz. People that are paying him to teach them BJJ are interested in those skills.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 1:03pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefron View Post
    I think you are missing the point here.

He is a BJJ instructor because he has BJJ skeelz. People that are paying him to teach them BJJ are interested in those skills.
    No, I get that. I'm saying as an instructor with said skeelz I don't believe he should be projecting his "in a perfect world" thinking on everyone. It's one thing to do what he did for the sake of doing the "right thing," but don't do it and then start bragging to everyone about it.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 1:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    No, I get that. I'm saying as an instructor with said skeelz I don't believe he should be projecting his "in a perfect world" thinking on everyone. It's one thing to do what he did for the sake of doing the "right thing," but don't do it and then start bragging to everyone about it.
    You mean, saying you do something, and then doing it, and then providing proof that you do what you said you do?

Actually, that's what this site is all about. Backing up what you say. That's what sets us apart from the other BS flying around the interweb.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 2:20pm

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    You mean, saying you do something, and then doing it, and then providing proof that you do what you said you do?

Actually, that's what this site is all about. Backing up what you say. That's what sets us apart from the other BS flying around the interweb.
    What did this prove?
Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast