Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 1:18am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RWaggs View Post
    Yeah, Hedge, you're a badass. However, I just kept imagining one of this guy's friends showing up and quickly stabbing you in the back while you were sitting there in mount for 5 hours, and I really hope something like that doesn't happen to you.
    A lot of people don't know this, but it's actually possible to stab someone while they're standing up, too.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 1:27am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think with every video/story of a successful street fight/self defense situation/whatever, there is a requisite number of people who have to chime "You were just lucky that you won, what you SHOULD'VE done was [xyz]".
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 1:27am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Rooster View Post
    I enjoyed the video, but ... anyway you won, twice.

Not putting him to sleep twice seemed to me like foolishness but I guess you knew everyone there so nothing bad could have happened due to you instantly letting the dufus up after he tapped.
    You have to take bystanders into account, too. In the past I've let people up when others in the crowd asked me to, only to be attacked again by the same chap. You have to do this so the bystanders don't turn on you - it could go from 1 on 1 to you vs everyone else. If they see you acting "fairly", they may even help if your opponent gets the upper hand.

Without the bystanders, I'd prefer to put them out of action ASAP - knockout, choke out, whatever stops them from being able to continue trying to hurt me. Ignore the tap, make sure you put 'em away or you'll be attacked again.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 1:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    I think with every video/story of a successful street fight/self defense situation/whatever, there is a requisite number of people who have to chime "You were just lucky that you won, what you SHOULD'VE done was [xyz]".
    And they start inventing their own conditions which didn't actually exist in that particular situation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 1:42am

Style: Wado Kai/Ryu/Intntl

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congrats Hedge. Good job keeping things in control. Weapons should've been at least a partial concern, though. Good job through and through. Nice diplomacy.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 6:01am

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    MAN some of you are dense.

"Wow Hedge you were so lucky....blah blah blah." From the start it was obvious that Everyone was on Hedge's side. Hell they wanted to jump the guy and curb stomp him but one said let it be one on won. So with that in mind its safe to say Hedge probably already knew that actually being the from the start!

Second Hedge wasn't the one videoing it someone else was now if he ran around passing out cameras saying Hey film me why I beat up this innocent person then you can say it was more an ego thing but right now some of you are looking real stupid.

As for repping his school, why not. Most MA places would love the kind of PR. Hedge wasn't being a dick and it was obvious he was trying to go easy on the guy the fact that he was able to handle himself TWICE shows the school develops some good skills. And you really think thugs are going to seek out his school to show them up you really don't know thugs. Thugs will mainly talk **** about the video but if you drive them to the school yourself and put them on the mat they won't they will be quite as a church mouse.

Lastly you have me defending Hedge!?!?!?!?
    So because a bunch of people are cheering you on while you do something borderline illegal and very dangerous puts them on his side? Nice team he has there. With friends like those...

I understand he didn't ask for this to be taped, but that's neither here nor there. He posted **** all over his Facebook like:

"Had sex, kicked ass, got high in that order"

And

"Beat some ************'s ass"

Now, what was that about this not being about his ego?

Also, he's supposedly an instructor in BJJ. If people pay to be taught by him they obviously respect him/look up to him and here he is posting videos of him doing reckless **** and then glorifying it.

And I'm not even gonna address the part about "thugs won't go gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by ADM View Post
    Pull your head in dude.
    No thanks.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 7:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Also, he's supposedly an instructor in BJJ. If people pay to be taught by him they obviously respect him/look up to him and here he is posting videos of him doing reckless **** and then glorifying it.
    I think people are paying a BJJ instructor to teach them BJJ. Hedge obviously knows his BJJ.

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 7:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    You have to take bystanders into account, too. In the past I've let people up when others in the crowd asked me to, only to be attacked again by the same chap. You have to do this so the bystanders don't turn on you - it could go from 1 on 1 to you vs everyone else. If they see you acting "fairly", they may even help if your opponent gets the upper hand.

Without the bystanders, I'd prefer to put them out of action ASAP - knockout, choke out, whatever stops them from being able to continue trying to hurt me. Ignore the tap, make sure you put 'em away or you'll be attacked again.
    That hedge basicly made that into a game helped with the bystanders though.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 8:28am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    That hedge basicly made that into a game helped with the bystanders though.
    You're saying the way he behaved put them on his side? If so I agree.

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 8:35am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I Think taking his hat and wearing it like a trophy than slapping him isn't deescalation. I think that though you look nerdy you enjoy bulling, just in a nerdy way. Though don't get me wrong, if those were your friends there with you, it seems only natural you would try to impress them. I mean who wouldn't want friends that call you "white boy".
    Bottom line is you are a trained fighter and you showed of on some stupid guy, which is cool, just don't be a hypocrite about it. You are loving it, that's why you train 24/7.
    cool vid, makes me sad i don't do Bjj.
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast