Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283435363738 394041 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 5:24pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mainly because irrational hatred of Muslims for being 'violent' (imagine the hypocrisy of that on a site that proclaims itself "home of the world's smartest violent people" in the tagline) has nothing to do with the video or even of me indirectly. A Muslim has never attacked me or any of my friends for our sexuality, gender, color...actually for any reason at all. Fascists have. I have no need to train to fight against attacks by marching Wahabbis in the USA for the same reason I don't have to avoid getting trampled by fucking unicorns.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 5:31pm

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was almost hit in the parking lot today by an islamist. I threw a copy of "Terror and Liberalism" at his head and screamed "Hitchens lives!!!!" then stripped naked and ran away.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 5:36pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So your irrational hatred of Nazis has nothing to do with their violence? You hate them because they gather quietly in basements reading my fight and having discussions. yea
    http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/09/24/us.iran/ No gays in Iran apparently.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 5:47pm

Style: Lifting heavy stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    So your irrational hatred of Nazis has nothing to do with their violence? You hate them because they gather quietly in basements reading my fight and having discussions. yea
    The thing is nazis don't sit quietly in there basement they're active terrorist groups. Only another or so ago a statement came out from the metropolitan police that right wing terror groups were a higher risk of committing terrorist attacks in Europe than any other group. Right wing political parties are gaining more members all over Europe.

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 5:49pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think equating international politics to personal experience works. People interact with very different people depending on where they live, who they associate with, what type of activities they engage in, etc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 5:53pm

Style: Lifting heavy stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyway back to the original topic, hedge how did you take the guy down the first time you've already got him mounted when the video starts. I was hoping it was some fancy sumi geashi?

I've started to question and wondered if grappling is really as an effective method of self defence as I once thought. Surely a hard striking art would be better as it more offensive and grappling more defenceive?
    Last edited by adskibullus; 7/09/2012 5:57pm at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 5:54pm

supporting member
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So your irrational hatred of Nazis has nothing to do with their violence?
    Are you high?

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 7:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Starting Over... Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Antifa,

The question was to hedgehog.
    Hedgehogey. with an eee-why. Hedgehogey.

I wasn't interested in debating because sometimes I like to listen and hear someones actual point of view.
    Horseshit.

if that were true you would have ask what I think about attracting more "liberal" or "less racist" or more somthing police personell to local departments through providing police departments with free recruiting advertising when I already pay taxes.

Thats not a "what do you think about xyz?"

Thats a stop what you've been doing for a long time and get with this program i just pulled out of my ass question. or actually statement.

What you said shows zero interest in my actual point of view.

instead of hearing straw man descriptions of what they believe.
    The typical center-right assertion:

What the center-right believes are facts.

Everything else is "beliefs"... which, regardless of history, experience, or evidence, is entirely constituted by opinion, and men of straw.

People are always ready to tell me what people who they disagree with "think". I prefer actually asking the person.
    I know what fascists think. I read their books. I read their peridocials. I read their forums, I read their emails.

I spend alot of time knowing my enemy. But thanks.... you again prove that your privilage your own guesses against people's actual experience.

Back to what we were discussing, You showed me compelling evidence that the accusation of facism on the part of a member of a police department was not hyperbole so I recommended engage because in my experience departments vary a lot.
    In mine they dont. But hey, I only spent 3 years being a clerk for a civil rights lawyer... and 20+ years as a civil rights activist. How the hell would I know anything?

You asked what I meant by engage and I answered.
    Yeah... and it was the most dipshit answer E-V-A-R.
    I also disclosed that I probably don't agree with your politics so I wouldn't be misleading.
    Didnt need the disclosure. I picked right up on that.

I never debated your politics. I don't even know the particulars of them.
    Your first admission of a lack of knowledge. And your first correct statement. Coincidence? I think not.

You have insulted my statements repeatedly but never really addressed them.
    Alright... But in reality, they are so far out there that I dont know where to start.

Okay.... So...

I'm in a group. That group does certain things. And has certain positions. And a history. In capitalism, the public and private perception of the group with these things is called BRANDING.

Branding is built up over time. It consists of things such as Brand Recognition, Brand Loyalty, Brand Integrity, etc. oh yeah... Brand Identification.

Now, you have just asked us to work against our own Branding, resulting in internal and external crisis in order to hop on your program, which you believe will address the issue. This issue is only a part of a broader issue we deal with. So, we take a big hit, to focus on a smaller problem, with zero promise of results.

Now, on the other side of the Branding Issue... Lets look at Local Police Branding:

Brand Recogition: Very strong. Local Police are everywhere. They are readily identifiable by their external packaging. People strongly associate certain services as being availible through that brand.

Brand Integrity: People involved in that Brand actively promote keep the Brand a certain way, and act for the presevation of that Brands identity. IE Cops help and promote and assist and defend other cops that they identify with. Thus, if you have a bunch of people with white supremacist attitudes, wheather explicit or implicit, they are going to want to keep people like them involved in the Brand, and excluded people who arent.

Brand Loyalty: The brand encourages loyalty and discourages disloyalty. people involved in the brand are loyal to it and defend it

Brand Identification: Because people have a fully formed idea of what to expect from BRAND: police, people who strongly identify with the brands values will be attracted to participate in the production and reproduction of that brand. IE when you have a bunch of racist cops, other racists will want join.

------------

Against all this, you want us to take out some ads in the newspaper and have some sensativity training or something?

Do you now see why I dont expect that such a thing would work?

If you believe the system is beyond reform I don't really have anything to suggest for you.
    Right. You dont. You havent thought about revolution at all, or its problems, or pitfalls. You have no education in the matter... But here you are giving suggestions.... Then getting sore when somebody who spends alot of time thinking things through says... yeah... whatever....

It's like you walked up to me on the street and told me that aliens chaising pretty purple ponnies is what powers my i-pod... and the tried to bum some change...

I did the same thing, walked past you and got on with my life. I'm not going to explain to ever acid casualty I meet that the lights in the sky that only they see have nothing to do with my i-pod or getting change from me.

I don't want to see a revolution in the united states and I don't think one is justified..
    And thus we may one day find ourselves on the opposite sides of the barricades. Yeah... I put that one together all by myself too.
    If you are interested in my politics and why I believe this go ahead and ask.
    You're centrist and suburban. You still believe society will uses its recouprative and cooptive powers to bring people into the fold and eliminate class (and other) conflicts and eventually through the continuing moral education of the ruling class bring the benifits of the cold-war consensus social contract to all.... yeah.... I got that too...

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 7:38pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOLZ TEH REAL WING TSUN!!1!!!

Caus mma dudes dont train eye gouges and in the street everytihg goes so mma doesnt work lolz also chain punching

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 7:55pm

Style: Hung Gar

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man this thread has gotten intense. There is a bottom line here that most of us can probably agree on....

You should try not to fight people if you can avoid it,

but if you feel like you need to for moral or self-defence reasons, you might as well be good at it.