Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 11:31pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Yeah, this still doesn't justify the 8 fucking minutes of sitting on top of a ************ though. Do sumn, or get off the ************ and go home. What the **** you posing for? It's not a motherfucking photo shoot.
    I know what you're saying, and as I said earlier in the thread under different circumstances I'd also try to end it quick, and put him out regardless of whether he tapped or not. But that's not the scenario here.

Hopefully this drives my point home. This is the hand of one of the bystanders coming into frame, letting hedge know that he should stop choking the guy.

This scenario isn't just about two people fighting. The bystanders are directly involved and influencing everything that happens.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 11:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Point taken. If bystanders are willing, then let them have the ************. Why hold on and drag it out? Though I guess this is all intellectual masturbation, what ifs and pedantry. And I hate all of those things. Except for masturbation, of course.

In the end, I guess **** turned out how it turned out. And more videos on the internet. Soon there will be enough to make a full length feature film. Jesse Eisenberg can be cast in the lead as Hedge "I'm fucking obsessed with beating people up on the internet" Hogey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 11:59pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I mean, we could start hypothesising about guns, crocodiles and helicopter gunships in the mix, but that isn't really the situation in the video.

Posted On:
    6/27/2012 12:03am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    Yeah, I mean, we could start hypothesising about guns, crocodiles and helicopter gunships in the mix, but that isn't really the situation in the video.
    Great back story, though. I'm halfway through a script.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    6/27/2012 1:25am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    I've been called out on my bullshit but still don't want to admit it. Let me know when you post something that agrees with my viewpoint
    Fixed.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    6/27/2012 2:48am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lukerawks View Post
    Look, I'm not trying to sound like a *****, but I'd rather see someone walk away from trouble like this than be someone that's diving head first into an unknown situation. It just seemed a little reckless is all.
    Yes you are sounding like a *****. You rather see someone walk away after veiwing a guy beat on his girlfriend? What a great citizen you are. All fights are reckless and so is standing up for someone who can't do it themselves.

As far as the gym attracting thugs, think about it: I watch a DC Hip Hop video that's a street fight, I see someone get totally dominated, then the winner of that fight goes on to tell everyone how he learned the skills he showed off. Next thing I know, I'm going to go to that school so I can learn to put the smackdown on people in my neighborhood. I just think it's a little dangerous is all.
    You really didn't think this through did you. If you showed up to his school with the sole purpose to "smackdown on people in my neighborhood" then you wouldn't last long. It took YEARS for Hedge to develop those skills and he still has a ways to go. Plus I don't know many schools that would put up with such an attittude. Hedge on the other hand will probably being getting props for standing up for someone and showing restraint instead of just wrecking the guy.

There are plenty of safe/regulated NAGA events that will allow you to demonstrate your skill. Don't end up getting stuck in the gut one night outside of a bar, you've got a lot of life ahead of you and it's not worth it.
    The whole purpose of MA is to deal with a physical altercation. Hedge wasn't doing this to showcase his skill he saw something wrong and instead of just letting it continue he stepped in. It's a very ***** thing to do to see such a thing and not lift a finger to help your fellow man (or woman in this case.)
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    6/27/2012 2:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    I'm not running in circles with this ****. Let me know when you have something new to say.
    Try having something to say first. You sound stupid and people are calling you on it. You can either get butthurt or try putting or thought into your posts next time.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    6/27/2012 3:30am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Well, for one, nobody is debating that he has skills, but are instead arguing about if using said skills was the right thing to do. So, it seems pretty obvious.
    What skills did you see? if he would beat a white belt in a sparring match would that be considered skills? no one argues with the fact he has a purple belt in BJJ and no one argues with the fact that it is hard earned and affective, especially against an untrained guy. Is it because that guy is black he is automatically considered tough? and it is an honor to be able to take him? and why did he take and wear his hat? what did that prove? one minute he is screaming hysterically into this guy's face to calm down the other he is choking him or slapping him, all this time wearing his hat to humiliate him. It did prove something but not that he is tough.

Posted On:
    6/27/2012 3:42am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    What skills did you see?
    Acheived and maintained dominate control

if he would beat a white belt in a sparring match would that be considered skills?
    Yes because if he couldn't it would obviously be a lack of skill.

Is it because that guy is black he is automatically considered tough?
    Yes.
    and it is an honor to be able to take him?
    Also Yes. I normally wouldn't let Whitey touch me. It is a huge honor for a whitey to touch a black man on U street.

and why did he take and wear his hat?
    Street cred!
    what did that prove?
    He has his hat.
    one minute he is screaming hysterically into this guy's face to calm down the other he is choking him or slapping him,
    Mating ritual. Hedge did make eye contact.
    all this time wearing his hat to humiliate him.
    LIKE A BOSS!
    It did prove something but not that he is tough.
    We're still talking about Hedge? What would you call someone who took you down kept you pinned then when you hit him he chokes you while wearing your hat!? Then when he lets you up and start up again he rinses and repeats?
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    6/27/2012 5:06am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Acheived and maintained dominate control

Yes because if he couldn't it would obviously be a lack of skill.

Yes.

Also Yes. I normally wouldn't let Whitey touch me. It is a huge honor for a whitey to touch a black man on U street.

Street cred!

He has his hat.

Mating ritual. Hedge did make eye contact.

LIKE A BOSS!

We're still talking about Hedge? What would you call someone who took you down kept you pinned then when you hit him he chokes you while wearing your hat!? Then when he lets you up and start up again he rinses and repeats?
    First, lol about the eye contact part..
    I’ll call that guy stronger. If i was tough than he was tougher, do you think that black guy was tough?
    Well i guess next time he should look for a challenge, maybe argue with the bouncers about their sexist behavior, and rued habits. And he should wear a camera on his head so we get to see the action better and hear the screaming!
    A question for you, you obviously think Hedge acted like a true gentleman and was totally in the right here, but, after he posted that vid, do you think the black guy has a reason to retaliate now? and knowing he can't take hedge in a fair fight he will bring a friend or a weapon, will he be in the wrong? Cause if it was me, I’ll take the beating and shot up about it, but the added humiliation would give me just the excuse to get even. I really don't know how stuff get resolved were you guys are, but here this **** would be a reason for some good old retribution, or a law suit. But hey, I’m sure he doesn’t have any reason to watch his back, it’s not like the guy can find him now…
Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast