Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 7:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lukerawks View Post
    As far as the gym attracting thugs, think about it: I watch a DC Hip Hop video that's a street fight, I see someone get totally dominated, then the winner of that fight goes on to tell everyone how he learned the skills he showed off. Next thing I know, I'm going to go to that school so I can learn to put the smackdown on people in my neighborhood. I just think it's a little dangerous is all.
    I have the sneaking suspicion that most young men with televisions are familiar with the efficacy of martial arts training at this point.

Also, what are your thoughts on the Yellow Pages? They're delivered to every home, and list pages and pages of the addresses and phone numbers of gyms—BJJ, boxing, etc. and sometimes even detail the locations of gun stores!

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 8:18pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lukerawks View Post
    Look, I'm not trying to sound like a *****, but I'd rather see someone walk away from trouble like this than be someone that's diving head first into an unknown situation. It just seemed a little reckless is all.

As far as the gym attracting thugs, think about it: I watch a DC Hip Hop video that's a street fight, I see someone get totally dominated, then the winner of that fight goes on to tell everyone how he learned the skills he showed off. Next thing I know, I'm going to go to that school so I can learn to put the smackdown on people in my neighborhood. I just think it's a little dangerous is all.

Hedge, good job on controlling the situation, and I commend you for showing as much restraint as you did. My only comment was a worried one about attaching videos like that to your gym's brand (unless you own the gym, then no worries) and jumping into street fights.

There are plenty of safe/regulated NAGA events that will allow you to demonstrate your skill. Don't end up getting stuck in the gut one night outside of a bar, you've got a lot of life ahead of you and it's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    It's one thing to post about, but multiple posts and throwing the video around the internet, to me, is a display of bravado. The way he came off in the "interview" shows the same imo.

No, it plays directly into my moral standing argument. I explained this too, do I need to add some pictures for you to understand?

This is a different topic altogether, which is why I didn't address it further.

And you have proven what, exactly?
    I don't really get your agenda. If he boasted, whom gives a ****? A bit of bravado, cool, he came out OK.

In the vid interview it was easy to see he was probably a little drunk by then or still riding the tail of adrenalin after the fact. I know I would be.

I love the fact you think some thug is gonna hang out in BJJ for 5-7+ years just to score their Purple belts so they can possible own in a street fight in their neighbourhood, that's some fucking Count of Monte Cristo dedication there.

He helped someone, controlled the situation pretty well, only escalated as necessary, looked for ways out for people to restrain him so he could leave the situation after it started, then talked about how he did it, how it occured, and what gym he trained at.

It's not like he said "Hey, always intervene in any conflict, and BJJ can resolve all your street issues without fear of harm to yourself; if you want these skills, and others like them, please, come down to the gym where I train and instruct and purchase our 'INVINCIBLE BJJ STREET COMBATIVES DVD and ONLINE SERIES FOR 788.99$' also available in person.

So STFU, you're just butthurt you don't have an awesome video like this online, or great Facebook updates to make to your 23 friends.
    Last edited by Mr.Miyagi; 6/26/2012 8:22pm at . Reason: clarity
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 8:29pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Maybe you should reread my posts.
    If reading your posts is the answer, I have no interest in the question.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 8:58pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Miyagi View Post
    I don't really get your agenda. If he boasted, whom gives a ****? A bit of bravado, cool, he came out OK.

In the vid interview it was easy to see he was probably a little drunk by then or still riding the tail of adrenalin after the fact. I know I would be.

I love the fact you think some thug is gonna hang out in BJJ for 5-7+ years just to score their Purple belts so they can possible own in a street fight in their neighbourhood, that's some fucking Count of Monte Cristo dedication there.

He helped someone, controlled the situation pretty well, only escalated as necessary, looked for ways out for people to restrain him so he could leave the situation after it started, then talked about how he did it, how it occured, and what gym he trained at.

It's not like he said "Hey, always intervene in any conflict, and BJJ can resolve all your street issues without fear of harm to yourself; if you want these skills, and others like them, please, come down to the gym where I train and instruct and purchase our 'INVINCIBLE BJJ STREET COMBATIVES DVD and ONLINE SERIES FOR 788.99$' also available in person.

So STFU, you're just butthurt you don't have an awesome video like this online, or great Facebook updates to make to your 23 friends.
    I'm not running in circles with this ****. Let me know when you have something new to say.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 9:38pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RWaggs View Post
    You know what I was saying with my comment.
    If you're saying that he was in danger of something like that because he was in a street fight and not because of the particular way he handled it, then I'm with you.

But I'm pretty sure you meant that because he had mount and was on the ground for a while, he was more likely to get stabbed. In that case I would disagree.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 10:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Used to be that motherfuckers said that fighting is a very small part of self defense and handling **** in the streets. Used to be that the accepted best way to handle **** was to fight only when you motherfucking had to, and if fighting end that **** quickly before really bad **** happens or before the cops showed up. Used to be that motherfuckers would recognize that playing around with somebody on the ground for 8 fucking minutes instead of choking him the **** out and going home while watching your goddamn back is fucking stupid.

Used to be. Now perhaps everybody is a fucking idiot full of bravado who thinks his one solitary fucking life and his health is something to gamble with for the purpose of having a video of you beating up motherfuckers on the internet.

Summary: The video demonstrates the incorrect way to handle such a situation in the best way to ensure the safety of all the parties involved.

And just like the pathologist who does the post-mortem, I am not saying I could have handled **** any better. Because it's the internet, and saying "I would have knocked that ************ out and went home" makes me sound like a keyboard warrior with a Forehead Protector. But I certainly would not be on top of a ************ for 8 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 11:15pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Used to be that motherfuckers would recognize that playing around with somebody on the ground for 8 fucking minutes instead of choking him the **** out and going home while watching your goddamn back is fucking stupid.
    He was surrounded by other men who were telling him to let go of the choke.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 11:22pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know what is funnier, people arguing with itwasntme or that he is trying to lecture anyone on bravado and morality.

I'm going with bravado and morality by itwasntme.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 11:22pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    He was surrounded by other men who were telling him to let go of the choke.
    Yeah, this still doesn't justify the 8 fucking minutes of sitting on top of a ************ though. Do sumn, or get off the ************ and go home. What the **** you posing for? It's not a motherfucking photo shoot.
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 11:25pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't know what is funnier, people arguing with itwasntme or that he is trying to lecture anyone on bravado and morality.

I'm going with bravado and morality by itwasntme.
    As always I have no idea what the **** you are talking about, because I can't remember what the **** he has been saying. Your memory for what motherfuckers said on the internet is fucking impeccable, however. Why are you on the internet when you could be breaking codes for rich business men and nuclear scientists and ****?
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast