Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 9:12pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SARS_Attacks View Post
    The more I read about the Imperium of Man, the more I start to dislike them. Corrupt ass xenophobes. Out of all the races, though, I like the Tau the most...they seem less douchey than the rest of them.
    Yeah... because they've got no other choice. And sure, the Tau are less douchey. As long as you want to be part of their "Greater Good", where everyone is equal but some are more equal than others. Hell... at least the 'nids, ork and imperium are at least honest about what's going on. The eldar are probably the most "good", but they're still super-douchey for the same reason the Imperium is... it's a harsh universe and if they want to survive then they have to be hard as wraithbone.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 9:23pm

Style: MACP Level 1 +1 Mana

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    Yeah... because they've got no other choice. And sure, the Tau are less douchey. As long as you want to be part of their "Greater Good", where everyone is equal but some are more equal than others. Hell... at least the 'nids, ork and imperium are at least honest about what's going on. The eldar are probably the most "good", but they're still super-douchey for the same reason the Imperium is... it's a harsh universe and if they want to survive then they have to be hard as wraithbone.
    Yeah, but at least the Tau aren't out to kill everyone and would rather incorporate you into their empire, regardless of species(with some human colonies choosing them over the Imperium), instead of committing mass genocide.

Speaking of the Eldar, though, I recently read a book featuring them(Path of the Warrior)...pretty decent read. I'm kind of indifferent when it comes to them, though. They seem to mean well most of the time...but their actions seem to stir more conflict than solve them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 9:23pm

Style: Boxing/Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I kind of want to read some of these just based on the cover art. It reminds me of over-the-top heavy metal albums.

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 9:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, but at least the Tau aren't out to kill everyone and would rather incorporate you into their empire, regardless of species(with some human colonies choosing them over the Imperium), instead of committing mass genocide.
    Key words here, bold mine: They'd rather have you join them than commit mass genocide.
    Guess I didn't need any bold after all.

Speaking of the Eldar, though, I recently read a book featuring them(Path of the Warrior)...pretty decent read. I'm kind of indifferent when it comes to them, though. They seem to mean well most of the time...but their actions seem to stir more conflict than solve them.
    Their actions are pretty much dictated by their Farseers in order to maximize the chances of their race's survival.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 9:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Key words here, bold mine: They'd rather have you join them than commit mass genocide.
    Guess I didn't need any bold after all.
    Which is better than xenophobia IMO...and on most accounts they treat the incorporated races rather well from what I've read on the internet(hence why some human colonies chose to stay under the Tau instead of rejoining the Imperium). At any rate, I've yet to see any books on the Tau at my PX. Are there any titles available that feature them?

Their actions are pretty much dictated by their Farseers in order to maximize the chances of their race's survival.
    Yeah I got that from reading "Path of the Warrior"....constantly trying to mess with the future and what not. Their Avatar of Khaine is pretty bad ass, I have to admit.

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 10:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Which is better than xenophobia IMO...and on most accounts they treat the incorporated races rather well from what I've read on the internet(hence why some human colonies chose to stay under the Tau instead of rejoining the Imperium). At any rate, I've yet to see any books on the Tau at my PX. Are there any titles available that feature them?
    Ummm... only one I know of offhand is Fire Warrior, which is based on the video game of the same name. That doesn't mean there aren't others out there, though.

The Tau are definitely one of the "lesser evils" in the 40k universe, but much of that is due to their naiveté. The small size of their empire and total lack of psykers ensures that they haven't experienced the horrors of that universe, with the exception of some limited encounters with the 'nids, IIRC. That will change, however, as they assimilate more members of psyker races. All it would take is a couple worlds with chaos cultists and they'd be just as willing to exterminate as the imperium.

Yeah I got that from reading "Path of the Warrior"....constantly trying to mess with the future and what not. Their Avatar of Khaine is pretty bad ass, I have to admit.
    Yup. Grisly how they get him there, though. Along with the knowledge that the Avatar is, for all intents and purposes, a Greater Daemon.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 10:49pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The current tabletop rules for 40k are rough, Fantasy is unplayable. 40k is too expensive for me, I played years ago, got out, and never looked back.
    Sent from my Mazaa using Board Express
    I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 11:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Tau are definitely one of the "lesser evils" in the 40k universe, but much of that is due to their naiveté. The small size of their empire and total lack of psykers ensures that they haven't experienced the horrors of that universe, with the exception of some limited encounters with the 'nids, IIRC. That will change, however, as they assimilate more members of psyker races. All it would take is a couple worlds with chaos cultists and they'd be just as willing to exterminate as the imperium.
    I suppose you've got a point there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2012 3:40am

Style: Aikido, Aikiken, Aikijo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Salamanders Space Marines FTW, they help civilians and get into fights with other Astartes who wanted to use refugees as cannon fodder!

Plus, they use fire based weapons and hammers. Hammers are cool.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2012 5:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilenzo View Post
    Salamanders Space Marines FTW, they help civilians and get into fights with other Astartes who wanted to use refugees as cannon fodder!

Plus, they use fire based weapons and hammers. Hammers are cool.
    Yeah, the Salamanders Chapter is definitely my favorite one so far. They're the most humanitarian ones that I've read about so far. Their planet, Nocturne, is one brutal world...that whole Time of Trial thing where everything get's turned to **** by magma is ridiculous.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast