Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2012 7:00am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorekara View Post
    I can't help but wonder why I shouldn't compete. My years are short, I have bad arthritis, and chronic bronchitis, and my wife has MS. My days of fighting are limited. I've wasted so much of my life previously, and my window is small.
    I'm curious as to how old you are? It sounds like you've taken judo up in the last couple of years and you're well into your middle age.

Past the age of 35 or so (depending on the individual), your body is in decline and it really can't take the beating it once could. Arthritis on top... I would listen to your sensei.

There are veterans' competitions, but you end up fighting 5th dans who have been doing judo for 30+ years. What's the point in that?

Posted On:
    6/27/2012 9:19am

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dlloyd View Post
    There are veterans' competitions, but you end up fighting 5th dans who have been doing judo for 30+ years. What's the point in that?
    Sometimes you get those guys and sometimes you can get other late starters. The nice thing is that everyone knows we all have to go back to work on Monday. Those old 5th dans aren't going to go any harder than they need to.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2012 6:22pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm 35.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12