Octopussy!

Posted On:
    6/22/2012 6:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    That's as may be, but if you climb on a truck to touch somebody with your junk, getting slapped with a slipper should fall somewhere on the range of possible outcomes. Works both ways.
    But you're not listening to what the **** I'm sayin' homes. It's like if you walked up to a girl and asked her politely for a motherfucking dance and she spat in your face, slapped you and called your mother a whore. Rubbing your junk on a booty is par for for the course, actually it's slightly under par, it's a fucking birdie. Par for the course is walking up to a chick from front and just straight up throwing her legs around you like you're forcing her to pull guard from standing or some ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/22/2012 6:59pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    But you're not listening to what the **** I'm sayin' homes. It's like if you walked up to a girl and asked her politely for a motherfucking dance and she spat in your face, slapped you and called your mother a whore. Rubbing your junk on a booty is par for for the course, actually it's slightly under par, it's a fucking birdie. Par for the course is walking up to a chick from front and just straight up throwing her legs around you like you're forcing her to pull guard from standing or some ****.
    No, I beilieve I follow you. There is a generally accepted departure from standard mores at these events. Generally does not mean universally. Therefore, when you go along with the crowd, you necessarily run the risk of encountering an outlier who is not.

An analogy might be moshing/hardcore dancing whatever. It's expected that people will get out in front of the stage and shoulder-check each other, maybe wave some limbs around. People get knocked down and/or hurt, usually some responsible party will get them to safety.

Now, if somebody takes offense, doesn't like their drink spilled, got poked in the eye, or what-have-you, and they lash out, you are not in a position to escalate. You can defend yourself from the attack, but if you up the ante, or press the counter attack, you've crossed a new line.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    6/22/2012 7:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    No, I beilieve I follow you. There is a generally accepted departure from standard mores at these events. Generally does not mean universally. Therefore, when you go along with the crowd, you necessarily run the risk of encountering an outlier who is not.

An analogy might be moshing/hardcore dancing whatever. It's expected that people will get out in front of the stage and shoulder-check each other, maybe wave some limbs around. People get knocked down and/or hurt, usually some responsible party will get them to safety.

Now, if somebody takes offense, doesn't like their drink spilled, got poked in the eye, or what-have-you, and they lash out, you are not in a position to escalate. You can defend yourself from the attack, but if you up the ante, or press the counter attack, you've crossed a new line.
    I see what you're driving at, but you're driving entirely down the wrong line and you're likely to get your off stump knocked out. Sorry, cricket metaphor, I'm sure y'all don't do that **** in Mass.

And I'm saying that it is not unreasonable to not expect that an outlier will react in such a way. An outlier would also not be bouncing her ass up and down while hanging form a truck. The physical aggression is the departure from social norm for the event. It's just not done. No one is expecting to get hurt at these events. No one is expected to get slapped. This was the first happening of that magnitude that has ever occurred at a University Carnival. Trust, the wild **** is normal, slapping a ************ is so out of left field (switched to baseball, because I saw the Red Sox once and I punched Jacoby Ellsbury in the face... ), that it is equivalent to your cousin leaping across the dinner table and trying to knock your block off because you asked him how is day was. Which is probably why no one jumped on homie in defence of that girl. Could also have been because everyone was stunned by the whole thing and he departed at a brisk walking pace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/22/2012 8:11pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess if you're saying this is a thing, then, well, I have no answer for that. It's surprising that that much anonymous naughtiness goes down with nobody ever taking offense, let alone that any drunken festival takes place with no expectation of any violence occurring, but I don't go to such things, so I'll park my yap. I, personally, think that one should expect drunk young women to inexplicably retract consent without warning, but, hey, that's just my rule. Saves me some trouble though.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 1:19pm

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So your friend did something inappropriate, and got slapped for it, so he punched a girl in the face? WTF...

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 1:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRhino View Post
    So your friend did something inappropriate, and got slapped for it, so he punched a girl in the face? WTF...
    No No not WTF.... more like FTW

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 3:17pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    And I'm saying that it is not unreasonable to not expect that an outlier will react in such a way. An outlier would also not be bouncing her ass up and down while hanging form a truck. The physical aggression is the departure from social norm for the event. It's just not done. No one is expecting to get hurt at these events. No one is expected to get slapped. This was the first happening of that magnitude that has ever occurred at a University Carnival. Trust, the wild **** is normal, slapping a ************ is so out of left field (switched to baseball, because I saw the Red Sox once and I punched Jacoby Ellsbury in the face... ), that it is equivalent to your cousin leaping across the dinner table and trying to knock your block off because you asked him how is day was.
    People's bodies belong to themselves. This is true regardless of the culture or expectations of the event. Even if you shake your booty, your booty still belongs to you. So if you grab someone and they didn't want you to, you've done something wrong and in most places in the world illegal. Maybe labeling it sexual assault in that situation is driving a technicality too far, but so is freaking out over being hit with a soft shoe.

But you know what's not a technicality? Responding with violent force that could kill or permanently injure someone because they embarrassed you. And if slapping someone is so far outside the norm for this festival, then how far outside the norm is fucking leveling someone like that?

This is just all starting to sound like classic "we raped her because she wouldn't let us rape her" talk, if she defends herself, then that's why she deserved it, if she doesn't defend herself, then that's why she deserved it, otherwise it's "just the culture" or "no one else has ever complained before" which becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Focusing on trivial aspects of her behavior instead of talking about the obviously way over the line fucked up behavior of your friend. Like gang-raping someone and complaining because their screaming was technically a violation of noise ordinances. Maybe that's true, but if you think that's a relevant point of discussion in that situation you're a dickshit waste of a human being.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 3:29pm

Style: Tkd,mauythai,bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone that can't take a slap from a woman isn't a man IMO. And I doubt she knew chun. So it obviously didn't hurt.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 4:40pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If telenovelas have taught us anything, its that the proper response to being slapped is slapping them back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2012 11:19am

Style: Bartitsu, Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The correct response to a slapping situation involves repeatedly questioning the slapper's slapping and whimpering like a little crybaby.

Duh.
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 121314 LastLast