Beat me to it.
  2. Wing chunner

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 10:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic View Post
    Date and time? Frankly I doubt the veracity
    JKD & military battle Seminar June,27 2008 at 1555, park moor ave. San Jose ca.

Posted On:
    7/21/2012 11:37am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=Sam Browning;2703465]TRS is selling his RAT series from the 1990s, and his ex partner, the ex Naval officer is selling some of his earlier tapes. So as well intentioned as your statement may be, it is factually inaccurate.

Just to clarify (I'm the ex Naval Officer) I don't, and I have never had any control over Paul's business or business dealings. I also don't - and have never had - any control over any of his videos including sales, ownership, etc. or, as a matter of record - any part of his business. In the past, Paul asked for my help, and I helped him and we did some things together. . I did not want to be part of any business venture, still don't - so we discontinued ways as friends. That was several years ago, and this is the first time I ever address anything relative to the issue, and most likely the last.

Posted On:
    7/21/2012 1:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One last thing: I am disturbed and saddened by the evidence I have read here. The Paul I knew had a very good heart and was among the most skillful that I knew.

Posted On:
    7/21/2012 2:09pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just so I understand the people. Are you:

http://www.pfsvideo.com/bruce_corrigan.htm

Were you involved with the Def Com or Def Com 5 release.

Was there someone else who Paul worked with in the 1990s who now owns the rights to Paul's tapes from that period of time.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    7/21/2012 2:31pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dan Wasser possibly

Www.pfsvideo.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2012 2:19pm

Style: Freestyle scientific

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gwog View Post
    I'm still not on board with the "evil Paul Vunak" idea.

When someone has 100% control of a business, the website, the accountants, all the financial arrangements, and there is a dispute of some sort, it's difficult for me to see the other guy as the instigator.

What it looks to me like is that they were using Vunak's name and reputation and getting a business running while intentionally undercutting and undermining his position. "Being helpful?" "I'll just handle all the financial arrangements while you kick back and be the teacher?"

Not buying that.

How's this sound. You be the name, we'll sell your material and your methods and we'll use your name and reputation as a martial artist to sell it.

But I'm going to maintain full control of the website and all the financial arrangements.

What I wonder is what really happened and what it took for Vunak to blow his top, to go completely round the bend that way.

You read those transcripts, what you're seeing there is a man who is absolutely desperate with rage and hanging onto his humanity by his toenails.

Personally, I will side with my teachers until the cows come home. I'm not about to enter into a financial arrangement with my teachers but if I did I would insist on setting it up so that they had full control of the business. If I did not do so there would be something extremely wrong with that picture.

If there were some form of dispute I would defer to my teachers. If there were a problem I would very gently bow to them as I moved out the door.

But then I would support them until the cows came home and I would not be slagging them on a forum. It's not up to me to support or not support Paul Vunak because I don't know him personally but he's directly upstream from me in the family and so my reflex is to support him.

As someone who has been involved in numerous businesses over the years my reflex is to be extremely suspicious of people who ended up with full control of the business and all the financial arrangements.

It sounds to me like Paul Vunak trusted these people implicitly. It sounds to me like he was more than a little naive if he allowed this to happen.

There is apparently something very bad going on with Mr. Vunak but I must say I support him and it's the responsibility of his students to stick by him through thick and thin. If his students are ending up with the business there is something very wrong with that state of affairs.

Mr Vunak went absolutely apeshit. He has a long standing reputation for being a little off-kilter. But if the students were backing the teach, this would not have happened.
    Sounds like what happened in The Karate Kid films.

Posted On:
    9/18/2012 4:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: HKD / jkd

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    Since I have never met Harinder, I have no idea about the characteristics of his mouth, and your assumption that the majority of posters here are ascribing noble motivations to him is erronous. But regardless of this applicant's faults, a court has decided that Vunak was engaging in threatening behavior. Of course Vunak could have simply hired a lawyer and filed suit, but it appears he decided to use another tactic.

Please don't forget Mr. Garringer. He did not apparently retain anything that could be described as Mr. Vunak's business assets and yet Paul decided to threaten him too, because it appears he wouldn't break relations with Harinder. I don't know how you rationalize that one.

Finally you are forgetting the Porsha. Mr. Vunak retained that particular asset.
    Interesting thread. I do know Harinder personally. In fact, I worked with him at the semi-conductor company before he decided to leave, and start his endeavor as a PFS instructor. I was one of 3-4 people who told him to leave the company, and go after his dream. I also told him, to get his own school going, he could teach at my school in San Jose, so he could begin getting the word out. I know him well. He is, as one of my other reviews have suggested, among the best martial artists I have ever trained with - and I've trained with some incredible folks. I hosted Mr. Vunak at my school - which was the seminar the person above is referring to at the Parkmoor address, which gave Harinder the opportunity to grow in his responsibilities within the PFS organization. Needless to say, I'm not surprised by any of this, as it's been going on within organizations for decades as many of you have pointed out...
    Last edited by CAMA-KJN; 9/18/2012 4:52pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 7:02pm

Style: jkd

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This actually just makes me think even more highly of the man. I really like how he incorporates face biting into his ground, training on dirt bags in the ghetto supposedly, and now psychotically flipping out on the phone to some bald Indian? Ok, well the first two are cool. The last is funny at least. It would have been way cooler if he didn't even know the guy though.

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 2:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Martial Training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some one else touched on this- greed. That's what truly sad. And it's on both ends. Martial arts (traditional or not) has become this huge money machine. I don't think it was meant to be that way. All those moral and ethical attributes your sopposed to develop. Wow these post are really eye opening.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678