Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 5:14pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TieBoxer View Post
    I have already told you that I have no intention of sharing my personal emails on your forum, end of discussion. I have politely given you the option of deleting my posts if you are concerned about any legal ramifications, and you have declined to do so. That's your call.

I didn't come on this forum to be given a hard line by anyone, so just make a decision. Delete the posts, ban me if you think I'm a **** talker, or drop the subject.
    I wasn't making any requests or demands. My post was meant as an explanation of our policies.

We don't expect people that are brand new to the site to know all these things. I meant to inform, not to enforce.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 5:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    I wasn't making any requests or demands. My post was meant as an explanation of our policies.

We don't expect people that are brand new to the site to know all these things. I meant to inform, not to enforce.
    Understood, and thank you.

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 6:26pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not that we're making the assumption you're being malicious here. It's just that after 10 years of doing this, we're used to people throwing out potentially damaging accusations, without backing them up.

At the end of the day, our interest is in keeping the public informed so that they can make educated decisions on where they spend their time and money; transparency if you will. We've found that this approach protects the interests of everyone, at least everyone without a disingenuous agenda.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 3:56pm

staff
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy needs to not run a business. Period.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 10:41pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Latest Restraining Order Paperwork

Please take a look at these three documents from Gavin David Garringer v. Paul Earl Vunak 30-2012-00573889-CU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vunak-restrain7.pdf  

vunak-restrain2.pdf  

vunak-restrain1.pdf  

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 11:00pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A quick Summary

Here is a summary. On June 5, 2012 Gavin Garringer filed a restraining order against Paul Vunak which was granted on an exparte basis (without hearing or presence of defendent) before a hearing on June 20, 2012. Paul Vunak and his attorney were not present at this hearing even though he was served in hand on June 11 2012 with notice of the hearing.

Some of Garringer's complaints are quite similar to Singh's. Garranger says that Vunak was his martial arts instructor from 2007 to 2012 and has threatened his brother and mother, with threats being sent by both voicemail and email. There were "numerous phone calls while out of the country between the hours of 11 pm - 3am." "His second in command informed petitioner he should be worried 'when he isn't contacting you at all.'" There were "numerous voice mails to Petitioner and his brother" . . . "threatening death to the petitioner as well as torture tactics to his brother. Will provide voicemail at hearing". . . "He told petitioner to 'sleep w/ a gun' for protection. Threatened his brother with the use of a blowtorch.'"

Garringer also asked the court to award him $2,000 to pay for his legal fees. The court ordered Vunak to pay these fees.

Once again Vunak is accused of extremely unhinged behavior, he did not show up to contest the restraining order, and the court notes indicate the applicant showed up with a tape recording of Vunak's voice messages to play for the court. It looks like Garringer supported his case and Vunak has some serious personal issues.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vunak-restrain3.pdf  

Last edited by Sam Browning; 6/26/2012 11:09pm at .

Posted On:
    6/26/2012 11:08pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just click on the image to see additional pages of the multipage documents.

Posted On:
    7/05/2012 11:03am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is an email text from Mr. Garringer which I have authenticated by contacting his attorney, Ms. Knight.

Having to write this letter pains me greatly. By now you obviously know the turmoil, which has shaken our family. I want to first say that I am terribly sorry for any of you who have been jilted by this situation. Firstly there is no reason to panic or make rash decisions. I couldn’t be more upset at the current state of affairs, the heart and soul of PFS and the DOM are the antithesis of what it has become.

You have all by now heard Singh and Paul’s side of the story. I am here to set the record straight from my end. Singh and I both have given our blood, sweat, and tears to our former instructor to help make his amazing vision a reality. Unfortunately that wasn’t enough! I, like Singh have bent over backwards, sideways and anyway possible to bend to fulfill every one of Paul’s needs, unfortunately to no avail.

Several months ago after learning of Paul’s irrational behavior towards Singh and Anshu, I hoped I would never have to choose a side, unfortunately that wasn’t the case. To further illustrate my loyalty to the company I began offering Paul the use of my house for group classes; this apparently wasn’t enough either. After four weeks of this Paul did things unbecoming of a master of his caliber and began vehemently questioning my loyalty to find out what I had already made clear; that I wouldn’t choose sides and I refused to disavow my friendship with Singh.

The next day I began receiving threatening calls from someone whom I had always respected, loaned money to and done literally everything in my power to help. At that point I removed myself from our DOM family. I still continued to receive countless death threats and character accusations to my immediate family and me. I, like many other people, could take no more.

I am so sorry that this has happened, and that all you have been put in the incredibly tough situation that Singh, Anshu(most of all) and I have been put in. The only reason you are so late to find this out is because it is something we all wanted to avoid involving all of you in because of the care and love we have for you!

As far as Paul is concerned, I am terribly sorry and saddened that my teacher and friend has lost his way (as you saw on the video) so horribly. He has been an amazing teacher and confidant to me and countless numbers of you. I only hope and pray that he seeks the medical help he needs to deal with his current plight and situation, and all I can offer anymore is my prayers for his recovery from the dark place he is right now!!!

As for the future, Singh has amazing things on the immediate horizon. I don’t know if I’ve ever been as excited as I am right now about what’s coming! We stand now on the precipice of an awesome new direction with which we get to take Bruce’s martial art and no one more truly devoted to enhancing it than Singh.

No matter which side you stand on, I am forever your friend and am always here for you.

In Strength - Gavin

Posted On:
    7/05/2012 11:06am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And here was a reply that was sent from Paul Vunak's email. It was submitted as an exhibit by Mr. Garringer's attorney during the hearing on his restraining order.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    From Vunak,

I’m going to call my hells Angels and we’re going to come beat you up. Then I‘m calling my friends the bloods and the crips and they are going to beat your mom up. And finally, I’m calling Tom Cruse and he is going to come beat up your dog.

LOL (does that stand for Loosers Otta Leave)?

As this attempted “cou” backfires, and as Singh watches people abandon him like rats jumping from a burning ship, there will undoubtedly be rage and exasperation followed by more nasty letters from his few bodies – disenfranchised members.

Simultaneously, my phone is ringing off the hook. My friends and Instructors are all leaving the same basic message about Singh (We told you so… We never trusted him.)

Please folks… let’s not dignify this immaturity with any more responses at all. Just ignore him, kind of like you would a drama queen girlfriend.

Now that you guys are off Paypal, just chill. I’ll be in touch.

Killer Vunak

P.S. although we all got a great laugh, someone needs to inform Gavin he can’t resign, I fired his fat ass a month ago.
  10. gwog

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 2:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Everyone was shocked

Looks like Vunak is absolutely enraged and losing his **** as a result. It happens to the best of us but it's extremely disturbing to see it in someone like Paul Vunak.

It takes a certain type of person to make a lifelong intense study of real-deal, genuinely deadly martial arts. This is why you surprisingly often see people of high levels of skill taking short trips into la la land.

It's popular around here to laugh at everyone, and poke fun at sanctimonious people, paper tigers or not. Not that Vunak is particularly sanctimonious, a great deal less so than many others in fact.

But I would not want to be in a dark alley with an enraged Paul Vunak.

I sure hope he gets whatever he needs to find peace. He's one of my kali instructor's teachers and I've gotten a great deal out of his training materials over the years.

Sifu Vunak, if you're reading this, and I know you are, please try to do whatever you need to do to be kind. Remember that real strength is gentleness. You have my respect and I mean that.

Guys who are extremely knowledgeable about ways of biting people to death aren't necessarily great diplomats or "people persons." It's really sort of amazing this doesn't happen more. In the silat community it's common, but I haven't seen one quite like this before.

At the same time as all that, a person doesn't lose his **** like that over nothing.
    Last edited by gwog; 7/09/2012 3:03am at .
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast