Administrator

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 1:05pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TieBoxer View Post
    I don't see that as a problem. This is not a legal proceeding, it's just an internet forum, people are welcome to take my post on face value or contest it if they choose. I assumed I would be free to come on Bullshido and share my opinions and experiences, without being asked to produce substantiating documentation. If I'm wrong on that then just delete the post, no big deal.
    Welcome to the new world of the internet where people google your name which causes jobs to be lost, employment can be scuttled, and WEB FORUMS are sued.

Don't mix legal proceeding with vetting your information. That is exactly why staff constantly move posts, re-title threads, and ban certain people for not bringing proof to the table. Many feel they can come on a web forum say something borderline slanderous and hide behind anonymity.
    I am not accusing you of being that type of poster, but we ask for proof because most are anonymous.

You are right though, most people do not see it as a problem because the website gets sued not them. It costs money, win or lose, to fight a lawsuit which is another aspect anonymous posters tend to forget as well.

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 1:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Welcome to the new world of the internet where people google your name which causes jobs to be lost, employment can be scuttled, and WEB FORUMS are sued.

Don't mix legal proceeding with vetting your information. That is exactly why staff constantly move posts, re-title threads, and ban certain people for not bringing proof to the table. Many feel they can come on a web forum say something borderline slanderous and hide behind anonymity.
    I am not accusing you of being that type of poster, but we ask for proof because most are anonymous.

You are right though, most people do not see it as a problem because the website gets sued not them. It costs money, win or lose, to fight a lawsuit which is another aspect anonymous posters tend to forget as well.
    Guys, my perception of this forum was clearly misjudged. Just simplify this and delete my posts. No hard feelings.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 1:19pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TieBoxer View Post
    Guys, my perception of this forum was clearly misjudged. Just simplify this and delete my posts. No hard feelings.
    We don't delete posts around here. We also have a policy of requiring posters to substantiate any claim they make on this forum. It helps weed out the **** talkers.
    Shut the hell up and train.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 1:24pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be fair to TB he has not posted anything beyond a pencil outline of a disagreement he had with Vu and subsequently Singh. Whilst we are in MABS and do accusations and claims evidential burden is higher, there is nothing actionable in his post if it is indeed correct.

I think I know who TB is, and the version of events matches the stories heard internally within PFS, albeit the details were never entered into explicitly.

Being sued is always a concern, but truth is also an absolute defense. If TB is happy to send the email to a mod, or even me with a guarantee of non-disclosure then I believe that would satisfy both bullshidos legal concerns should litigation follow and TB's desire not to publish a personal email

Just my opinion and worth what you paid for it

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 1:48pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    We don't delete posts around here. We also have a policy of requiring posters to substantiate any claim they make on this forum. It helps weed out the **** talkers.
    I have already told you that I have no intention of sharing my personal emails on your forum, end of discussion. I have politely given you the option of deleting my posts if you are concerned about any legal ramifications, and you have declined to do so. That's your call.

I didn't come on this forum to be given a hard line by anyone, so just make a decision. Delete the posts, ban me if you think I'm a **** talker, or drop the subject.

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 2:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yikes. :PokerFace:

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 3:25pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The post stays, I understand tieboxer's unwillingness to provide more information, but given what Singh already put in the public record during a court proceeding, its highly consistant with what is already known.

Plus, if Paul ever sues, Singh will probably become a defense witness which will greatly complicate Paul's legal action.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 3:27pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ELA View Post
    Yikes. :PokerFace:
    Your point being?

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 3:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic View Post
    Your point being?
    My point is I never expected to see Paul Vunak spazzing out like this.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 5:10pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic View Post
    To be fair to TB he has not posted anything beyond a pencil outline of a disagreement he had with Vu and subsequently Singh. Whilst we are in MABS and do accusations and claims evidential burden is higher, there is nothing actionable in his post if it is indeed correct.

I think I know who TB is, and the version of events matches the stories heard internally within PFS, albeit the details were never entered into explicitly.

Being sued is always a concern, but truth is also an absolute defense. If TB is happy to send the email to a mod, or even me with a guarantee of non-disclosure then I believe that would satisfy both bullshidos legal concerns should litigation follow and TB's desire not to publish a personal email

Just my opinion and worth what you paid for it
    Edit:
    We will disgaree.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 6/24/2012 5:22pm at .
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast