233394 Bullies, 3980 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/22/2012 2:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone101 View Post
    Oh, silly me. I never got on the Fedor bandwagon. No need for you to get all butt-hurt that I don't like your favorite fighter.

Silly you, indeed.

Do enlighten us. Please give us the long list of things not to like about Fedor. Maybe you dislike him because he rudely spent the majority of his career beating the everliving **** out of people who outweighed him.

Maybe you dislike him because he just has way too much technique to be as exciting as a brawler like Tank Abbott.

Maybe it's the way he showed people up by outstriking strikers (Cro Cop) and outgrappling grapplers (Randleman).

Maybe he's a big puss because he was always understated when discussing his accomplishments as a fighter and brushed it off when anyone raised the possibility that he was one of the greatest MMA fighters ever.

Maybe he never smack talked his opponents because he was scared.

Maybe he was gracious in defeat because of false humility.

I'm sure the list goes on and on. Please, tell us all about it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2012 4:58pm

Style: Striking, grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    good on him, now he can just be the legend he is.
    he had a bad spell, but racked up a couple of wins and ended in style, what else should he do?
    great personality as well...

:)

Posted On:
    6/23/2012 10:40am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony

You mad cos he wouldn't sign w/ the UFC? Don't be. For much of his storied career, the UFC wasn't the place to fight the best HW's. Not to mention, his stoicism wouldn't have paired up well with Dana's Tourette's.

Posted On:
    6/23/2012 12:01pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are perfectly illustrating the difference between an mma fan and a UFC fan.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    6/23/2012 12:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, it's a deserved ad hominem, because you are in fact a prick.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2012 6:02pm

Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If he isn't gonna fight guys that are in the mix, there is no point in him continuing. There is no denying how great he was. But the three straight losses to three legit guys showed it was time to move on. He'd make a great ambassador for the art of SAMBO; it's fighting system if am really in awe of.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2012 7:06pm

Style: GJJ, MT, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He was definitely in the list of my top 3 favorite fighters / possibly my favorite. Such a humble person, and kept it very serious when it came time to fight. There will never be another Fedor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 2:11am

Style: Judo noob, heavy bag

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its really nice to see one of the best heavyweights of all time retire with his legacy and body in tact. I only hope other former greats can follow his example.

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 5:08am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to say he did have an exiting stile, always attacking even in the price of getting hit himself, always calm..
    However his surroundings disturbed me, those known Russian mobsters like Klien, that dealt for him, picked his opponents and what not. I can't shake a feeling of corruption when choosing his opponents, maybe evading stronger opponents for freak shows like Hong or Schilt. I know it is a busines and especially show business. I just think they took a very good fighter, and through selective choosing gave him a winning streak while successfully avoiding fighters that would put him down. We need to remember he is only 35, how come he started loosing all of a sudden when pitted against top fighters? look at Dan Handerson, he dominated him even though he is much smaller.. in conclussion i think Fedor though exciting to watch is very overraighted i also suspect that just like in boxing there is alot of corruption and sold fights out there to promote and build a crowed pleasing fighter.

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 5:40am

Style: BJJ, Judo, SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fedor is a legend and his legacy is solid. I am glad he left on his own terms instead of sticking around after his heart was no longer in it. I have never heard anyone speak ill of him, not only in a professional sense but also a personal one. That, to me, is pretty amazing, especially in light of how dominant a competitor he has been in several combat sports. Like blackmonk, I would love to see him live in combat SAMBO. I wish him nothing but the best.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast