Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/29/2014 9:34am

supporting member
     Style: belt and jacket wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    No top level fighter I can think of faced down adversity better over the span of their career. Even in the Bigfoot fight, under mount, and with giant fists raining down, he still struggled, and tried, and would not give up, or turtle up. Though he couldn't prevail, he never caved in. He really showed his ironclad determination and warrior spirit in that fight before the cut stoppage.

Nobody ever broke him. He lost four. Two cuts, a beaut of a leg triangle, and one H-bomb. He was in trouble in other fights, but wouldn't stop, or yield at all. There's no shame in tapping to arguably the best sub artist in mma, KO'd by one of the best punches ever in the sport in the H bomb, or pinned by a monster with a bjj black belt who cuts to 265.

Living to sweep/sub Randleman, Armbarring Hong Man Choi from the bottom, Dropping Arlovski, Drop and Subbing Silvia, GNP of Nog, Armbarring Olympian Judoka Ogawa, Outstriking Crocop, Dropping Rogers, Besting Coleman twice, Schilt, there are so many times when he broke expectation in how he won, and what he survived on occasion to do so.

It's a very special fighter indeed that can and does capitalize on one momentary mistake so often to prevail, and can also beat adversity directly in the best realm of his/her opponent.

There was no safe place against the Great Fedor. Standing, clinching or on the ground it was all trouble. Turtles with machine guns all the way down.
    His durability is SO characteristic of Russian fighters, which results from their insane training.

People say Silva is the GOAT, but I highly doubt Silva has the grit to push through so many near-losses, bad situations, size differences, etc., and still get the W. Fedor still = GOAT.

:)

Posted On:
    5/29/2014 10:52am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmonk View Post
    His durability is SO characteristic of Russian fighters, which results from their insane training.

People say Silva is the GOAT, but I highly doubt Silva has the grit to push through so many near-losses, bad situations, size differences, etc., and still get the W. Fedor still = GOAT.
    If Silva had been a terror on the ground, it would be a closer discussion. Fedor knocked em out, or subbed em out, like a boss.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2014 11:53pm

Style: BJJ Beginner

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No amount of logic or carefully reasoned arguments will make me change my mind.

Fedor = GOAT

**** it, I am just going to come out and say it, I love him ... I love Fedor.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2014 11:44am

supporting member
     Style: belt and jacket wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auszi View Post
    No amount of logic or carefully reasoned arguments will make me change my mind.

Fedor = GOAT

**** it, I am just going to come out and say it, I love him ... I love Fedor.
    I can honestly say that I'm pretty sure he loves you back.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910