Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2012 5:03pm

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Website history, not personal history. One person hates kung fu the other does not. Dale takes a ton of **** for his beliefs in Herbal and traditional training, like Iron Palm. He has had an open door policy since he joined.

That response, by his standards, is a "come see what we have" no drama response. Others may see it differently. From what I have seen, on two other websites, if Dale is going to lay down a gong sau it will not be open to multiple interpretation.

HH knows this, but needles anyway. If you read past the sarcasm, you can see what Hedge means.
    Got it...thanks. When you said "yes" (I was missing something), I went the other direction in my head.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2012 6:51am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's an absolutely ridiculous amount of money. I go to an MMA gym with classes 2 hours Monday - Thursday and 3 hours on Saturday for $85 a month. Also the "illegal techniques" are probably eye gouging and groin kicks and side kicks to the knee, or 7-part counters to a straight punch that involve breaking 42 bones or that kind of ****.

All of the illegal techniques in MMA require a very low amount of skill to pull off. I'f say if you can do the legal moves successfully you'll probably be able to do the illegal ones easily. In my opinion you won't get anything useful out of the kind of martial arts school you described.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 1:13am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarmydis View Post
    The other place looks a bit more interesting. It teaches Yin style Baguazhang, with the website being (baguakungfu .com). The pricing scheme seems a bit high, though it has possible discounts. All lessons are private, which makes me accept the pricing a tad more, and it goes like this:

At the bottom of the pricing page, it says this "Yin style bagua's applications are banned from 99% of MMA tournaments..."

I don't really wanna do MMA, but it seems weird that it would all be banned o.o

On the page with his interview, it says he trained in China with He Jinbao (He Jinbao is the one person whose lineage can be traced back to the source of Baguazhang, and is considered the "Inheritor" at the moment. His master's master's master started it or something. It's a pretty short line). I can't really prove that, and it would be unsettling for it to be false.

The final red flag, is how he says he trains you. There are 8 different styles within Yin Style baguazhang, each with an animal on a trigram or something. He says he analyses which style would be best for your body type and movement, and he works with you on that style. Though possible, the odds that he knows all 8 styles that well that he can analyze you, deduce what is best for you, and teach you strictly that seem a bit crazy.

Maybe I'm just overly paranoid, but I don't want to waste money!
    One of my BFF's is currently living in Beijing, training Baguazhang directly with He Jinbao. We've sparred a few times, and I can assure you, it's by no means too deadly for MMA. They really do the whole eight animal things, but as far as I could tell, all eight animal styles consist primarily of walking in a circle and clubbing the other guy with your forearms, with the occasional bit of Chinese folk wrestling thrown in.
    It's really kind of underwhelming when you see it in action.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Posted On:
    7/19/2012 10:10am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. There is so much wrong here I don't even know where to start.

First, TheMightyClaw, way to throw your "BFF" (PSB) under the bus there. Pretty crappy thing to do, especially since you try to cast down on the art he studies by using him an an example of someone you can poop on to up your own rep. Nice work. Before running your mouth about folks that train YSB in Beijing, maybe you should try "sparring" with one of the ones that takes his training more seriously and that is at least roughly the same size that you are.

Second, that Kuan guy in Texas is not officially affiliated with YSB or He Jinbao at all. I don't know where he thinks he gets all of his stuff or why he thinks he's such a stud, but he's not. Just like we shouldn't judge He Jinbao's lineage by TMC's "BFF," we shouldn't judge it by this Kuan guy who makes some rather outlandish claims that don't match with anything else going on with the YSB community. If you want to check out He Jinbao's officially recognized stuff, go to the Yin Style Baguazhang homepage, which is easy enough to find since it appears at the top of the Google search for that term and has the most obvious possible domain name.

I'm making no comment about Painter's stuff.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/19/2012 10:37am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jimysb
    *Yawn*

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2012 10:50am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jimysb View Post
    Wow. There is so much wrong here I don't even know where to start.

First, TheMightyClaw, way to throw your "BFF" (PSB) under the bus there. Pretty crappy thing to do, especially since you try to cast down on the art he studies by using him an an example of someone you can poop on to up your own rep. Nice work. Before running your mouth about folks that train YSB in Beijing, maybe you should try "sparring" with one of the ones that takes his training more seriously and that is at least roughly the same size that you are.

Second, that Kuan guy in Texas is not officially affiliated with YSB or He Jinbao at all. I don't know where he thinks he gets all of his stuff or why he thinks he's such a stud, but he's not. Just like we shouldn't judge He Jinbao's lineage by TMC's "BFF," we shouldn't judge it by this Kuan guy who makes some rather outlandish claims that don't match with anything else going on with the YSB community. If you want to check out He Jinbao's officially recognized stuff, go to the Yin Style Baguazhang homepage, which is easy enough to find since it appears at the top of the Google search for that term and has the most obvious possible domain name.

I'm making no comment about Painter's stuff.
    4 years to your first post, and this is what you chose to write?

Posted On:
    7/19/2012 11:14am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by huge View Post
    4 years to your first post, and this is what you chose to write?
    Kind of a waste of time to explain why, isn't it?

But anyway... I joined several years ago, thinking I'd get into this. Then I decided not to get into the forum trap (see how it's happening already). I check back from time to time to see if anything interesting has come up related to what I do. I see someone throwing someone else under the bus, so I return the favor.

Yawn indeed.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345