Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 1:13am

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    After this demon sniffing I need a healing so my kung fu will be strong.

Since I don' do kung fu any more, I think I'll just enjoy the Pat Robertson videos.

all that flopping reminds me of Soccer Oh snap! lol
    but seriously does anyone else get the dim mak Dillman feeling from it?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2012 7:52pm

Style: Taijutsu, Hsing I

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fivecracked88 View Post
    I have recently been informed that a Kung fu school in London called Nam Pai Chuan and headed by Sifu Christopher Lai, practices "Blood Oaths". This is where a student is persuaded to ricite some garbage in a incensed smoked filled room, declaring undying loyalty to Sifu Lai and seniors and all ancestors. After this, they are required to sign a paper, prick their finger and leave a bloodied fingerprint next to their signature. This is usually only offered to students who is thought to be of above average ability, or who Lai deems may be useful to the school and himself in the future. This smells of cult-like behaviour to me! Though the participants of this BS may be (hopefully) all consenting adults, this kind of cult-like behaviour can be dangerous to the more the vunerable members of society. Let's face it there are many who start training in the martial arts because they feel vunerable and afraid.

If this is true, then this trash needs to be stopped now! There is no place for this kind of demi-god-like and manipulative behaviour in martial arts.
    What concern is it of yours that consenting adults are participating in this practice VOLUNTARILY?

Do you call up the Dominatrix chat line and berate them for spanking businessmen?

Do you call the denomination of your choice and ask them why they are consuming the transubstantiated flesh and blood of a 2000 year old Jewish carpenter?

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    6/25/2012 8:23pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Just because you don't understand the culture, doesn't make it just more wrong.
    This is a very good point. I see a lot of subjective opinions of things.
    Not understanding it makes it wrong.
    Not liking it makes it wrong.
    Not being very good at it makes it wrong.

There are a lot of things that I do not understand, I don't like or I am not good at, but I try to keep my mind open. Just because it's not my thing doesn't make it wrong.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456