218269 Bullies, 8053 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 53
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Diesel_tke is offline
    Diesel_tke's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,002

    Points
    6,096
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsThree Friends

    Posted On:
    6/18/2012 1:33pm

    supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=fivecracked88;2697901]
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Have you actually witnessed this, or is this hearsay?

    Yes I have witnessed it.


    And why do you care? And what is the evidence of manipulations that you speak of?[/QUOTE
    If you witnessed it, why did you say this:

    I have recently been informed that
    Why shouldn't I care?
    Because it is not hurting anything other than the little pin prick. It's an oath, believe it or not, some people take oath's pretty seriously. Why not involve your blood into the matter?


    Regarding manipulation...I'd rather not say just now.
    Then don't bring it up in the first place!
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
  2. slamdunc is online now
    slamdunc's Avatar

    Extraordinarily Ordinary

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,049

    Points
    4,032
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    6/18/2012 1:35pm

    supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fivecracked88 View Post
    Yes I have witnessed it.
    Were these adults, willingly participating in a program (as cult-like as it may seem to you)?


  3. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,602

    Points
    64,357
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    6/18/2012 1:35pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fivecracked88 View Post
    I have recently been informed that a Kung fu school in London called Nam Pai Chuan and headed by Sifu Christopher Lai, practices "Blood Oaths".
    Translation:
    I have second hand information, about a school, that I have no contact with in my area.

    This is where a student is persuaded to ricite some garbage in a incensed smoked filled room, declaring undying loyalty to Sifu Lai and seniors and all ancestors. After this, they are required to sign a paper, prick their finger and leave a bloodied fingerprint next to their signature.
    I have no clue what it means, but it scares me and I am going to try and scare you.
    This is usually only offered to students who is thought to be of above average ability, or who Lai deems may be useful to the school and himself in the future.
    From what I understand he picks his favorietes. There are no such things as favorites.

    This smells of cult-like behaviour to me! Though the participants of this BS may be (hopefully) all consenting adults, this kind of cult-like behaviour can be dangerous to the more the vunerable members of society.
    I'm going to scare you by saying Cult. "Cult" grabs attention and then I can rant.
    Let's face it there are many who start training in the martial arts because they feel vunerable and afraid.
    I will then make up a random statistic to build my point. Most gullible people take martial arts because they are scary.
    If this is true, then this trash needs to be stopped now! There is no place for this kind of demi-god-like and manipulative behaviour in martial arts.
    If I don't understand it, it is trash.

    That's how this read to me. Posts some facts, with links, testimonials and other information if you are going to call someone out in this fashion.

    Thank you.
  4. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,486

    Points
    30,225
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class

    Posted On:
    6/18/2012 1:49pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fivecracked88 View Post
    Yes I have witnessed it.

    Regarding manipulation...I'd rather not say just now.
    Then do us all a favor and shut the **** up.
  5. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,486

    Points
    30,225
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class

    Posted On:
    6/18/2012 1:50pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blood oaths are so droll. I prefer sex oaths.
  6. fivecracked88 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11

    Points
    76

    Posted On:
    6/18/2012 1:52pm


     Style: tai chi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    I'm not the one who went on a rage post in the OP about cultural practices of which I have absolutely no understanding.
    Listen... I've been practicing and teaching Kung Fu for three decades, week in, week out, year in, year out. I've paid my dues the hard way, the honest way. I've never left the path.. I know plenty about the cultural practices involved. So please don't play the cultural card. Too many bad things happen in this world in the name of CULTURE. Get over it!
    In some cultures parents kill there children because they refuse to marry the person chosen for them. Just because it's part of cultural, behaviour, it doesn't make it right or good. Somethings are just more wrong than they are right.
  7. Anjin is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    65

    Points
    166

    Posted On:
    6/18/2012 1:55pm


     Style: Xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Blood oaths are so droll. I prefer sex oaths.
    Given that martial arts schools are usually full of men I prefer the bong oath.
  8. Eddie Hardon is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,486

    Points
    3,849
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

    Posted On:
    6/18/2012 1:56pm


     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You've trained and taught "Kung Fu" for 30 years?
    Where?
    Style?
    Level?
    Graded by whom?

    Pray tell, sir.
  9. fivecracked88 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11

    Points
    76

    Posted On:
    6/18/2012 1:56pm


     Style: tai chi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=Diesel_tke;2697906]
    Quote Originally Posted by fivecracked88 View Post

    If you witnessed it, why did you say this:





    Because it is not hurting anything other than the little pin prick. It's an oath, believe it or not, some people take oath's pretty seriously. Why not involve your blood into the matter?




    Then don't bring it up in the first place!
  10. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,486

    Points
    30,225
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class

    Posted On:
    6/18/2012 2:02pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fivecracked88 View Post
    Listen... I've been practicing and teaching Kung Fu for three decades, week in, week out, year in, year out. I've paid my dues the hard way, the honest way. I've never left the path.. I know plenty about the cultural practices involved. So please don't play the cultural card. Too many bad things happen in this world in the name of CULTURE. Get over it!
    In some cultures parents kill there children because they refuse to marry the person chosen for them. Just because it's part of cultural, behaviour, it doesn't make it right or good. Somethings are just more wrong than they are right.
    I'm still waiting for you to prove anything bad is actually happening here, instead of just crapping all over the forum.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.