Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2012 9:46pm

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

WWII widow finally finds out what happened to her missing husband.

Watch the video in the link.

http://www.wimp.com/missinghusband/

Peggy was very frustrated. She waited. Months turned into years -- "and still no answer." Years turned to decades. So she wrote her congressman.

Wrote repeatedly, in fact, asking for any information about the fate of her husband. The last letter, in 2005, was directed to Rep. Mac Thornberry of Texas, who also happens to be vice-chairman of the House Armed Services Committee.

In his reply, Thornberry said Billie was "still listed as 'missing in action' in the National Archives."

Billie's cousin, Alton Harvey, grew up with this mystery.

"Didn't feel it was right that he just went off to war and didn't come back - end of story," Alton said. "You need to know what happened to him."

So a few years ago, he decided to try and get to the bottom of it for Peggy. He started by requesting Billie's military records.

And that's all it took.

"I said that can't be," Alton recalled. "It never dawned on me he was there."

The grave of 1st lieutenant Billie Harris was found at at Normandy, France. (Credit: CBS)
    Few missing soldiers have ever been easier to find than Billie Harris. In Normandy, France -- at the world's most famous cemetery -- along its most traveled path, the answer has been lying all along -- clear and sobering as a white marble cross.

So why then, as late as 2005, was Peggy's congressman still telling her that her husband was missing in action? Turns out, there are no records of Rep. Thornberry ever even checking with the National Archives. And if he had, as CBS News did, he would have seen it says right there - KIA: killed in action.

Thornberry didn't want to talk to us. And for her part, Peggy harbors no grudge.

On a completely unrelated note, I didn't sleep well last night and my eyes are tired and raw, I think I got some grit in there or something.

Completely unrelated.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/17/2012 10:13pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You mean to tell me the someone in a government office decided the needs of the people didn't outweigh his coc/whore/gambling needs? Preposterous!
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2012 11:59pm

Style: Youtube-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aren't Republicans supposed to give a **** about Military families?

**** that fucking shithead.

Yep! We have a winner.
    http://thinkprogress.org/climate/201...imate-science/