Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Style
    kyokushin
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Recommend some schools in nyc??

hey guys I'm new to this forum and I'm very happy 2 be here. my cousin trains in an Enshin dojo out in long island under Sensai Falcon i know there is one in nj but thats too far. i was reading that a gym in queens offered Enshin classes but i don't know which one it is, please if you can help me find a dojo it would be very much appreciated thanks a lot guys!!!

Style
    유도 (Judo)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to train under Sensei Falcon. Glad to hear he is still around. Does he have a website, i'm just curious.

And sorry, I don't know of any Enshin places in NYC. There are quite a few Kyokushin dojos around if you are looking to train knockdown karate.

Style
    BJJ, Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's not a listing for Queens in the USA School directory:
    http://www.enshin.com/index.php?opti...=usa&Itemid=52

It might be worth calling the nearest schools to get information, though. I'm sure that if Enshin is being taught in Queens that the nearest schools listed will know who is teaching and where.

Style
    kyokushin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks a lot guys you all really are the best!!! As for man Sensei Falcon I don't think he has a website but does have a Facebook and I have him as a friend of you want add me or look him up on Facebook. I was thinking since there's no enshin arround what about Oyama since its still full contact and also has some grabs and throws?? I know there's a world oyama karate dOjo in manhattan.

Style
    kyokushin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

american combat jujitsu

Hey what up guys I'm making a nother post on this forum I'm pretty new to it as well. I was looking for an enshin school in nyc but i wasn't successful. I tried kyokushin for a while but didn't like it for the fact that they don't grab or hit to the face so i decided to expand my horizon I was looking for an american combat jujitsu school but i can't find it anywhere only dvd's on line. I looked at samba but i think the submission techniques just take too much time to execute. I like enshin for the fact that its straight up hardcore fighting but since i can't find a dojo then what ever so is there an american jujitsu dojo in the nyc area??

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stick to one thread and post in the correct area. Neither of your threads have anything to do with MMA. Since they are both asking for a school they have been merged and the title has been changed.

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tattooman View Post
    Hey what up guys I'm making a nother post on this forum I'm pretty new to it as well. I was looking for an enshin school in nyc but i wasn't successful. I tried kyokushin for a while but didn't like it for the fact that they don't grab or hit to the face so i decided to expand my horizon I was looking for an american combat jujitsu school but i can't find it anywhere only dvd's on line. I looked at samba but i think the submission techniques just take too much time to execute. I like enshin for the fact that its straight up hardcore fighting but since i can't find a dojo then what ever so is there an american jujitsu dojo in the nyc area??
    The underlined bit tells me that you are looking for a quick fix. Do you understand that learning something that is difficult takes time?

Why do you want to learn martial arts? Why do you just want "hardcore fighting"? Why do you think that SAMBO isn't hardcore fighting (I'm assuming you mean SAMBO, the Russian martial art, not Samba, the Latin dance)?

Seriously, what are your goals in martial arts?
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

Style
    kyokushin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    The underlined bit tells me that you are looking for a quick fix. Do you understand that learning something that is difficult takes time?

Why do you want to learn martial arts? Why do you just want "hardcore fighting"? Why do you think that SAMBO isn't hardcore fighting (I'm assuming you mean SAMBO, the Russian martial art, not Samba, the Latin dance)?

Seriously, what are your goals in martial arts?
    Thank you for pointing this out to me I will be careful on where I post next time. However with regards to my "quick fix" I believe martial arts have been watered down into commercial arts. Martial arts was invented during and for times of war to maim and kill your opponents and I feel it is hard to find a martial art at least open to the public that does so you might disagree and I might be wrong.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe martial arts have been watered down into commercial arts.
    You are correct, the martial arts in general have been watered down. It was out of necessity, but it has happened.

Martial arts was invented during and for times of war to maim and kill your opponents and I feel it is hard to find a martial art at least open to the public that does so you might disagree and I might be wrong.
    You are sort of correct here too. I had to water mine down a few years back; it was difficult to find training partners with the body count and all. Seriously, what are you expecting from martial arts training? You have to be realistic; alive training with a resistant opponent is the only way to practice.

If you want th3 d34dly stuff, you might try Ninjutsu or Wing Chun.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do not believe Martial arts, in general, have been watered down into "commercial arts."

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last