Posted On:
    6/18/2012 1:18am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss View Post
    This is bad.
    This could be a bit cryptic to a nutrition n00b, TheRuss. I'm just wondering if you mean that we need fat in our food, or if you mean that extremely lean meat is not good? Can you clarify that position?

I know that fat in the diet of someone in training is a necessity and that people who cut fat out of their diet are doing themselves a major disservice. Someone new to the site might not know this so clarification might be in order.

Not telling you what to do, though, bro.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2012 5:39am

Style: SL5,MT, BJJ noob,Chow Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Goat meat here in Melbourne is cheap and accessible ( all those damn Greeks and their wicked food) $10-12 a kilo for good cuts at Vic market.roo is good , and as a kiwi refugee hiding out in Vic I relish eating another nations national symbol. Roo is cheap as. Jamaican goat curries rip - make the meat rub from scratch and you can store in the fridge for few months - and 'cos it's exotic and sustainable like you can impress those green ladies at pot luck dinner nights
    Last edited by Hexe; 6/18/2012 5:41am at . Reason: Damned iPhone autocorrect

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2012 6:40am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Goat is fantastic if you curry it or some other strong tasting sauce. Great instead of lamb in Indian curries. Quite a few places sell it where I live in the UK, if you haven't tried it then give it a go.

As for strong taste it is no different from eating lamb. I think the problem is that people have got so used to bland processed/factory farm meat that they don't know what real meat tastes like.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/18/2012 12:09pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My girlfriend's Indian mom cooks with goat. I'm not a big fan but I always eat whatever she puts in front of me, so I guess its good to know that its healthy. Although lots of curries out there in restaurants aren't exactly healthy regardless of the meat in them. Half and half is often used in curries to make it more creamy.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    6/18/2012 10:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    This could be a bit cryptic to a nutrition n00b, TheRuss. I'm just wondering if you mean that we need fat in our food, or if you mean that extremely lean meat is not good? Can you clarify that position?

I know that fat in the diet of someone in training is a necessity and that people who cut fat out of their diet are doing themselves a major disservice. Someone new to the site might not know this so clarification might be in order.

Not telling you what to do, though, bro.
    1) The title of this thread indicates that goat is "better than beef" nutritionally
    2) The body of the OP says that goat has "less saturated fat than chicken"
    3) Saturated fat is good for you
    4) 1) and 2) are thus inconsistent

I just felt like pointing this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2012 4:44am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    My girlfriend's Indian mom cooks with goat. I'm not a big fan but I always eat whatever she puts in front of me, so I guess its good to know that its healthy. Although lots of curries out there in restaurants aren't exactly healthy regardless of the meat in them. Half and half is often used in curries to make it more creamy.
    The problem with a lot of restaurant curries is that they tend to be very oily – Indians often cook with ghee which is clarified butter and is appalling bad for you. We tend to cook them at home (my wife is of Indian descent) we use less oil and use 0 fat yoghurt which means they can be fairly healthy especially if you incorporate some veg in them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2012 9:36am

Style: Bjj, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    REALLY?!! I love Bison and fourtunately theres a herd about 20-30 minutes away, the guy sells the beef where Im at even in the stores it's not much more than beef and so much more worth it. higher in protien and about a 1/3 leaner (so it cooks faster) I have a speciality meat shop about 20 minutes the other way that carries Roo, Ostrich, Rabbit, etc, and of course up here in the great north plenty of Moose and Venison.

Posted On:
    6/19/2012 3:50pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is bad.
    You are bad.

1) The title of this thread indicates that goat is "better than beef" nutritionally
    2) The body of the OP says that goat has "less saturated fat than chicken"
    3) Saturated fat is good for you
    4) 1) and 2) are thus inconsistent

I just felt like pointing this out.
    1)Just to be a douche the title of the thread is a question. So i'll argue that it implies nothing it only asks. It's the same technique used by most shitty news programs and the majority of BS programming on the History Channel, so basically you're right but not really.

2)yes i mentioned that

Well most of YOU fatties on this site aren't exactly hard up for saturated fats. I just felt like pointing that out.

Good point Russ, Mainly I was just interested in discussing goat meat. So far great thread thanks for the replies bullies (except Russ who said i'm wrong).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2012 12:12pm

Style: ARMA, Antagonistics

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Goat meat is pretty good. Ate a **** ton of it when I was in Egypt and Zambia, but you have to watch out when you grill it due to the low marbling. But what is better than goat, you ask? Veal and bison come to mind. Whale meat is something I really want to try too.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    6/21/2012 5:17pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only way saturated fat is, by default, "good for you" is if you're comparing it to hydrogenated fats. Is a little bit of a saturated fat a necessary part of a healthy diet? Absolutely. Does it become unhealthy if you overdo it? Absolutely.

But one the whole, unsaturated fat is generally healthier than saturated fat. It'd harder to overeat it, and the consequences are fewer and less severe.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast