Sponsored Links Spacer Image

:)

Posted On:
    7/08/2012 11:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He might can fight...but from my experience, getting in drunken brawls doesn't a fighter make, IMO.

Beating up, or getting beat up by people in bars is fighting experience, granted...but a fighter?

He is a trainer, unquestionably, but street experience, isn't competition. It isn't training up for a sequence of fights and having other trained people come at you in a determined manner, in a controlled setting. Cold cocking drunks is so far down the scale, as to proving martial prowess IMO, that it hardly counts.

Everyone has their own take on what it is to literally be a fighter, but I'd caution against a hypocritical stance, just b/c he has stories, and scars. We laugh people off the site, for citing str33t experience in d3adliness measurement...or fighter claims.

I didn't know who he was, but it's appropriate to apply to him, the same standard that everyone's held to.

If he's a fighter, so am I, as is every douchebag who ever got in a scuffle.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 6:52am

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most people cold-cocking drunks don't end up teaching SEAL team 6 though...:)

It comes down to "fighter" and "can fight" I suppose and from that perspective I think you are probably "bob on"...

...see what I did there?
    Last edited by Hanniballistic; 7/09/2012 7:02am at .

:)

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 12:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic View Post
    Most people cold-cocking drunks don't end up teaching SEAL team 6 though...:)
    Think of Seagalilama teaching Anderson Silva, and apply the "Killer Vunak" standard. Holy ****, the universe implodes.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 12:45pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL - Well played sir, well played!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 9:14pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Indian Clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Your post is quite funny. You basically ignored his context and then said the same exact thing.
    It was a long day.
  6. Curtis123

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 5:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Paul is kind of like the Vincent van Gogh of martial arts. Very talented, but a little self destructive. Regardless of that, his fighting concepts are first class. As far as the letter by Singh, I dont know why Paul said it was all true when the letter has some major inconsistency with the restraining order Singh filed. I assume Singh never thought the details in the restraining order where going to be made public. Perhaps Paul was thinking in some crazy way he was taking the high road by saying the letter was true and lets move on. If you read the details of the restraining order, it was clear the car was $60,000 and not the $100,000 claimed in the letter. Also the voicemail records submitted by Singh that were left on his wife's phone dont start out badly and only become ugly until months later. If you read the restraining order clearly, it shows that Paul and Singh both handled this badly. The dispute began because Singh thought Paul was taking too much money out of the company and wanted to restructure the organization. Paul rejected that and later discovered Singh was talking bad about him behind his back. The crap hit the fan and the split occurred. Singh had complete control of the company and was not returning Pauls calls which made Paul freak out and he began leaving terrible and threatening voicemails to try and get Singh to respond. The big question I have is why Singh mentions that he was too scared to be at home because of Paul and then hopes to attract students to learn how to defend themselves. I dont care who was threatening me, you are not driving me from my house!
    Last edited by Curtis123; 7/14/2012 5:16pm at .

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 5:36pm

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello Curtis123,

welcome to Bullshido.

Would you mind introducing yourself in a few words - your MA history and interests and maybe something about your connection to the JKD people/organisation being discussed here?

Thank you.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 8:07pm

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    I have not said much in these threads for or against, but I will say this.

If Bullshido's definition of "fighter" does not include the likes of Paul Vunak then we have lost what it means to be a fighter, for better or for worse.

I'll echo Hannibalistic. You want his fight record? Pull his criminal history.
    How about "brawler"?
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Posted On:
    7/15/2012 10:34am

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dunno if this helps the conversation along but..

http://kampforum.no/forum/index.php?topic=5472.0

....Vu addresses his drug/alcohol use at one point.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  10. Curtis123

Posted On:
    7/16/2012 2:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba View Post
    Hello Curtis123,

welcome to Bullshido.

Would you mind introducing yourself in a few words - your MA history and interests and maybe something about your connection to the JKD people/organisation being discussed here?

Thank you.
    I have been practicing mostly JKD for the last 15 years. I was a student of Vunak's about 10 years ago and worked with him for about 5 years.
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 121314 LastLast