Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    4/18/2004 7:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would say martial arts definatley.Pushing weights has its benefits but the advantages of being trained inn a martial art are fantastic.But then it all depends on how much time you actually have to train and what your martial arts class is like.

My advice: DO martial arts and if its fitness work your concerned about start running.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    4/18/2004 8:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Kickboxing/Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would say martial arts definatley.Pushing weights has its benefits but the advantages of being trained inn a martial art are fantastic.But then it all depends on how much time you actually have to train and what your martial arts class is like.

My advice: DO martial arts and if its fitness work your concerned about start running.

HOLY ****! Hannibal, I'm agreeing with you.
    "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
    - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog **** on your shoe.-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/18/2004 9:59pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like doing both, but I guess I prefer martial arts. Although it's usually frustrating for me, I enjoy sparring.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/19/2004 1:00pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MMA/JKDC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lifting weights is a supplement to training not a replacement. Some of the most nastiest people I have met dont lift weights and if they do, they dont do it regually. I find when I train 5 days a week and lift 3, my joints get really sore. If you dont have time to do both, do MA. And after the workout do like 3 max sets of squats, pushups, and chinnups. You'll get results without sacrificing your training. I dont know about you but I BELIEVE I could kick 99% of the peoples ass in the gym even though they might be stronger.

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    4/19/2004 4:42pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    which is better depends on whether you spend your time picking fights at bars or spend your time picking up chicks at the beach.

Stand and Deliver, Bitch

Posted On:
    4/19/2004 5:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Whatever Works

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Weightlifting for me
    I've confident enough in my striking and my ability to pick up inanimate object and beat people in the head with them to handle most of the crap I get into if I need to. I do full time school and full time work and the official MA schools here (TKD, college karate) suck so it is a waste of my time to use those for fitness or fight training. On the weekends, I get a hold of some of my wrestling and boxer friends and practice but I just don't have the time at all for 3-4 different MA classes a day and plus, it's not good to intern with fed law enforcement and be a fat ****...best to be fit and do MA than to know a bunch of techniques and be to outta shape to use 'em. but that just my opinion
    ~Whatever Happens, Happens.~

~From this moment on, I shall be known as "He Who Smokes Bitches"~

Dirty Red

Posted On:
    4/19/2004 7:14pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train 7 days a week and lift/run 4 days out of the week. If you dont have the time for that running will do more for you imo.
    A.K.A. rocks your socks.

Loving Father

Posted On:
    4/19/2004 7:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are able to set aside time every day, both. Weights would only make sense if you can apply the added muscle. Most weight programs reccomend alternate training, with running, swimming, etc. You can alternate with MA. At the very least, you could circuit train w/cardio for overall fitness, without it taking up much of your time. Leaving you more time for MA.

`~\

If yer still gonna only do one. . .pick a useful ma.

Dirty Red

Posted On:
    4/19/2004 8:26pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hear Cross Fit is rather good.
    A.K.A. rocks your socks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2004 1:31pm

Style: Sheep Taiji

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you have light bones or only meet people who can fight, do martial arts.

If you're already strong or only meet people who are losers at fighting, do weightlifting.

Easy, isn't it
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast