Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/31/2012 9:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MMA? learn them from mount. Topside subs are really not practiced enough. I know this is because in theory it is easier to do the sub from mount so less time is needed

But I am not the only person who works into mount and then is tempted to jump off again to get a sub
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Posted On:
    8/05/2012 3:49am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Sambo, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The easiest way I get armbars are from the mount. I always seem to get my training partners from the mount oh also knee on belly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2012 12:59pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    MMA? learn them from mount. Topside subs are really not practiced enough. I know this is because in theory it is easier to do the sub from mount so less time is needed

But I am not the only person who works into mount and then is tempted to jump off again to get a sub
    I think it's equally important in MMA to have a threatening bottom game. Being able to hit the armbar from the guard should be just as important as from the top. You can't only prepare for being in the top position. There is always a better wrestler, and sweeps happen. Being able to attack from guard should be just as high priority as properly finishing topside submissions without losing the position.

I personally like to hit it off of a triangle when my opponent starts to posture and I can't get control of the head/posture, or when they shove their other arm through before the triangle is locked in. It's a simple switch of the hips to take the arm/shoulder, and on occasion you can pin their other arm to their neck/face so they have to verbally submit instead of tapping.

Also i commonly find it from the back when they are establishing wrist control to defend the choke.

Oh, and I will often find an armbar with the far side underhook and doing a knee-slide guard pass, when my opponent will shrimp away and create space, it leaves an opening to hit it by going around the head.

So... yea basically anywhere it works for you, that's where it works.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 3:48pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmafighter23 View Post
    What is the best position to you for setting up an armbar? I like side mount honestly but people usually know what im doing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYfhwMv7HCM

Rob taught this last night again. I had some success with it in open mat afterwards. It's a bit more sneaky way of taking an armbar from side than the standard spin around.

Posted On:
    9/06/2012 4:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Roy here sums up what everyone else here is saying very well
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12