Thread: Newbie from SLC

summ3rhays
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Newbie from SLC

I'm new to the Martial Arts world. I'm a distance runner who was looking for cross training. Once I tried Muay Thai I was hooked. I'm 6 months in and still feel like a clumsy fool, but I'm having a blast. I'm a south paw to make it even more challenging.

I train with "The Punisher" Sakasem Kanthawong at his gym.

Style
    Hung Gar
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido. I actually started doing Muay Thai partly to AVOID having to run to lose weight. Then I realized that "road work" is an integral part of any boxing training. Sounds like your gym is pretty intense, you train with a pro fighter from Thailand?

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by summ3rhays View Post
    I'm new to the Martial Arts world. I'm a distance runner who was looking for cross training. Once I tried Muay Thai I was hooked. I'm 6 months in and still feel like a clumsy fool, but I'm having a blast. I'm a south paw to make it even more challenging.

I train with "The Punisher" Sakasem Kanthawong at his gym.
    You're lucky! With that distance running background, your cardio's got to be top notch. I bet you're one of those rare breeds that didn't puke after your first practice! I remember my first few weeks of Muay Thai/MMA training were more focused on not fainting/improving my cardio than learning actual moves. Such a waste.

Anyways, welcome!

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

summ3rhays
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I've come pretty close to puking during training. It's hard to adjust from an endurance mindset to a sprint/sparring.

Yes, Sakasem "The Punisher" Kanthawong is a 4x World Champ from Thailand training right in my home town