Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    4/18/2004 1:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Honest assessment of your training regimen right now

Figured a lot of people post their regimen when it's good, but what's yours like right now?

Mine- work 8-14 hours a day construction, which is as close to strength training as I've been able to do during that time.

Taking two college courses, so there's more time gone.

Basically, I train moves between working, have no time for any real cardio, but have a grip strength like death from using various hammers all day(doing some frame work and wood floor install). My leg strength is also pretty good from using an edger(sander from hell), but I'm almost a moment from back pain at all times. I stretch every morning, do short stretches throughout the day, and use jow every evening to keep my back from spasming.

Every other day(sometimes third day), I make the twenty minutes to do a simple regimen which consists of 200 crunches, 100 waist twists, 50 side crunches, 50 push ups, 100 toe raises, 30 squats(this area doesn't need much work, and I have concerns about taking it easy on my knees due to the type of work I do) and some neck exercises.

That's my regimen. Pretty crappy, but sometimes that happens. Curious to see how others make use of time shortages.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    4/18/2004 1:53pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I try to make it to practice 4 times a week but often only make it twice a week :(
    On weekends I mountainbike or play frisbee just something aerobic usually.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    4/18/2004 1:54pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the midst of a pretty intense semester of my first year in a PhD program.
    Manage to make 2-3 (usually 3) 2hr bjj classes. That is about the total of my specifically ma training. Get in about 2-3 (usually 2) strength training workouts a week and run 2 miles about twice a week.

Don't have as good as an excuse as you, push a desk ~9-10 hours a day reading, writing programming or running stats. This is making an astigmatism worse, stiffens my back on which I had surgery a few years ago and pisses me off because there isn't a window in my office.
  4. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    4/18/2004 2:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your excuse is as good as mine, you just don't have a job that doubles as a workout, is a crappy one. It's funny that polar opposite jobs both lead to back pain.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    4/18/2004 4:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This week was Spring Break, and by virtue of not hving anything else to do with my time I was expecting a highly productive week. Which naturally meant that I'd work every goddamned day and make it to exactly one (1) Muay Thai class, one (1) class of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and one (1) weightlifting session which, I am chagrined to say, lasted LESS THAN HALF AN HOUR. Meanwhile, due to a dire lack of food in my house (I counted somewhere in the ballpark of, oh, two cans of French Onion soup and some potatoes) I've been spending the vast sums of money I had stashed entirely on eating out, mostly Quizno's and their sinfully savory Spicy Montery Club (less mayonaise, thanks).
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Posted On:
    4/18/2004 6:26pm

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Training hard and bulking up wt at 185 think i am at 10% body fat
    so not to bad want to get it down though, I want to get to 205 and less then 10% body fat. I am 17 and have been training for about 4/5 years I do Judo-Wrestling-BJJ-MTkickboxing-Western Boxing..... I travel to diffrent schools for diffrent skills right now i am training at (US judo training center)(AMC pankration)(Credit Boxing)(Vision Quest) (NWBJJ) club on weekends and (torous freestyle wrestling team) on tuesday, (I also do school wrestling during season). I lift wts every day during school in adv wt training program and sometimes at the gym and at home. I plan to have my first UFC/Pankration match this year, also having my first Full contact BJJ tournmet some time this year, and doing reg bjj tournmets as well. I have done many Judo/Wrestling tournments and have my first boxing tournment coming up this year as well. I spend most of my time training and when i am not training i am thinking about it. Try to run for a long period at least once a week.

Supplements i am taking.........
    I am using ONs 100% instatized whey protein .
    Swole v.2 HIGH OCTANE
    Nitrix
    Multi vietimin
    and The total EFA
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling

Posted On:
    4/18/2004 6:27pm

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train pretty much 6-7 days a week, but i took this week off to relax and stuff...*spring break*
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling

Taking a break

Posted On:
    4/19/2004 2:40am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do a desk job for 11 to 12 hours a day, go to the gym for an hour 4 days a week (strength and cardio) and occasionally remember to go to tai chi and escrima classes. I take a full week off excercise whenever I injure myself just to make sure.
    My body fat is currently at about 20% so still a long way to go.
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    4/19/2004 3:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My training regimen is in dire need of help, but getting a useful helping hand soon, I hope.
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

No longer a Kaju-Critic

Posted On:
    4/19/2004 3:37am

supporting member
     Style: Kajukenbo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heres my schedule:

I train my main class (1 hour classes) 4 days of the week. before each class there is this special class that every 6 months changes into something new to learn. I just joined this recently and so far they have gone into a huge JJJ thing, the first semester was standup JJJ (just something to do I guess) and now is ground JJJ which is kinda fun. Those are 4 days a week, half an hour each. I make sure I attend all of those. On mondays, I do a demonstration team thing which is 45 minutes of usually straight cardio (its flashy, I know. I joined to help out because it was under handed and stayd because its loads of fun).

Then on weekends, I work about 14 hours doing manual labor stuff (makes up for weight lifting).

I hope to add more actually. I want to start cross training but I haven't found anywhere to do this yet. I also do MMAesque sparring with a buddy of mine once every week-2 weeks but its so far inbetween its not as good as I would like, and neither of us have very structured MMA experiance.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast