Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2012 4:31am

Style: Grappling/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Thanks guys, it's looking increasingly unlikely we'll ever hear the story of British squaddies using cистема to keep the free world rocking.
    My apologies sir, let us move forward. Mea Culpa

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2012 4:45am

Style: Grappling/bjj

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=BudoCanuck;2698227]Ok, believe what you want.

There is nothing, nor have I ever said nor insinuated that there is something "SOOPER SEKRET" about me!

If you have sensible questions that are asked in a sensible manner I will answer them.

Sir, as there are many serving (or have served) members of this forum, myself included would you mind telling us a little about your service? I am generally not familiar with British military so please break it down a bit for your cousins across the pond. I am most interested in what MOS (occupation) you served in (Cavalry, Infantry, Cook, Medic etc etc). I am also interested in what you taught, mainly because I am unsure what type of combatives you taught (like our Modern Army Combatives, or MCMAP). Was systema something you added in to your own personal training and then taught in a "free-exchange" setting or was it part of the program? Thanks for your service and your candor. Also have you thought of applying for a military tag (like those of us that have them)?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    6/20/2012 5:37am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger joe View Post
    Sir: If I remember correctly he was the Ninja Ranger Poser that was outed on ArmyRanger.com. Is this the same one? He is in our Hall of Shame if that is the same person. I think he claimed a few PH's a Silver Star and HALO and Pathfinder awards also. That was a record bust. From the video he looked somewhat uncomfertable with you in his house. Priceless.
    That's the one. ArmyRanger.com didn't out him I did. He came on the radar from MySpace and MAP and when I noticed it was in the same city I had to get it I posted it on here, MAP, and SOCNET and let it go from there.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2012 7:57am

Style: Yoshinkan & MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was originally in A Company 1st Battalion Scots Guards (armoured infantry), 3 years, then after doing selection twice, I served 9 years in 2 Para.

I was a medic.

I have taught BOTH in an official capacity and as an exchange of ideas and skills.

The main focus of my input was Yoshinkan, however through the Army I was lucky enough to learn from many other nationalities and styles... Krav Maga, Systema, BJJ, Hung Ga, JKD.

If you have any more sensible and non inflammatory questions I'd be happy to answer them.

As for adding a "Military Tag" I assumed that you had to be a paying member to qualify.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/20/2012 9:47am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Thanks guys, it's looking increasingly unlikely we'll ever hear the story of British squaddies using cистема to keep the free world rocking.
    Wrong again as usual.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2012 9:56am

Style: Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoCanuck View Post
    The main focus of my input was Yoshinkan
    Have you found yoshinkan aikido to be useful as a supplement to other military hand-to-hand training (e.g. useful when sparring etc.)

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    6/20/2012 9:58am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you have any more sensible and non inflammatory questions I'd be happy to answer them.
    What were your years of service? Were you part of any of the peace-keeping missions (NATO) in the Balkans?
    Thank you for your candor in answering the other questions.

Posted On:
    6/20/2012 4:40pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I have taught BOTH in an official capacity and as an exchange of ideas and skills.
    Is there an official system of combatives in use by the British Army in general, or the Scots Guards in particular? If so, did you instruct in that combatives system?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/01/2012 3:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    Is there an official system of combatives in use by the British Army in general, or the Scots Guards in particular? If so, did you instruct in that combatives system?
    No, not specifically. It is mainly Jujitsu and Krav Maga based though. The SAS use Goshinkwai and pretty much everything else that they can train in. Before anyone asks, no I have never trained hand to hand with them. And no I was never officially a hand to hand instructor mandated by the Army, I was however an official instructor in Army clubs, very involved through my own interest and skill set.
    Last edited by BudoCanuck; 7/01/2012 3:14pm at . Reason: Syntax

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/01/2012 3:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    What were your years of service? Were you part of any of the peace-keeping missions (NATO) in the Balkans?
    Thank you for your candor in answering the other questions.

1994 to 2006. Yes I was in Kosovo in 1999.
Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast