Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    6/20/2012 1:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if someone doesn't want to discuss their military service, they should avoid say that they were in the military, adding that they were involved in martial arts and H2H instruction in some capacity for their fellow soldiers. that is patently ignorant.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2012 1:33am

Style: Grappling/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I chose to show you why people read it that way. You are now flipping out. I don't care that you don't want to read it the way I and others did. That's fine. I'm not debating you made a rhetorical statement, which is a nice way of saying you were being sarcastic.

.....and? So do I, but it doesn't stop me or anyone from asking questions. It also doesn't make you immune from ridicule when you call people trolls and flamers..

Who said he can't speak? No one. Now, if you want to defend him and parse post fine. Calling people trolls and flamers has nothing to do with his military service, ninjutsu, systema or his military career he will not talk about..

You keep FLIPPING OUT.

I was not making a sarcastic statement, I made a statement. Tone, inflection and body language are hard to read sometimes on the internet (maybe thats why you inferred that I was being sarcastic: A misunderstanding?)

Please stop flipping out sir, Ask your questions of him. If he chooses to continue to ignore or side-step then I can see harder, more directed questions (the stone under the stone if you will)

You keep saying Im defending him. I am not. I don't know the man. I offered a "voice of reason" opinion. Why jump the gun so soon. Give him enough rope and he will hang himself as the saying goes. Would you agree with that?

As to why were disagreeing, you state I am flipping out. Because I offer an opinion different than your own? Our definitions are clearly different on what constitutes "flipping out". In fact Im enjoying our verbal sparring. It's good to wax poetic every now and then with another intelligent human being. It's more "alive" that way wouldn't you agree?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2012 1:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    if someone doesn't want to discuss their military service, they should avoid say that they were in the military, adding that they were involved in martial arts and H2H instruction in some capacity for their fellow soldiers. that is patently ignorant.

I guess I would ask him WHY he doesn't want to speak on it.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    6/20/2012 1:54am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger joe View Post
    I guess I would ask him WHY he doesn't want to speak on it.
    Maybe it's SOOPER SEKRET? :yaoming:
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2012 1:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    Maybe it's SOOPER SEKRET? :yaoming:
    You sir..just made me spit my Copenhagen all over the screen. Well played.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2012 2:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find it interesting that you (IIF) chose to take one part of my sentence out and highlight it:

"Let the man Speak" what I siad was: Let the man speak or not speak to his military service. You create a whole different meaning with your highlight which was different from the point I was making. You infer that I was FLIPPING OUT because no one was letting him speak. Are you just trying to bait me into an argument with you when we really don't have an argument to begin with? Or did you just misread what I wrote?

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/20/2012 2:40am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find it interesting that you (IIF) chose to take one part of my sentence out and highlight it
    No different than you separating his military comment from his entire post. Heck the next sentence alone......circles I've typed an explanation four times now.

You create a whole different meaning with your highlight which was different from the point I was making.
    Yes, and you create a whole new meaning when you choose to separate that sentence form the rest of his comments.

I was not making a sarcastic statement, I made a statement. Tone, inflection and body language are hard to read sometimes on the internet (maybe thats why you inferred that I was being sarcastic: A misunderstanding?)
    I know right especially when the person is flipping out.

You infer that I was FLIPPING OUT because no one was letting him speak. Are you just trying to bait me into an argument with you when we really don't have an argument to begin with? Or did you just misread what I wrote?
    I didn't infer, I said you were flipping out before you typed that sentence. I then notice the length of your comment and said you are still flipping out. You have responded to the same post twice. So I assume I'm going to need a Geiger Counter soon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2012 3:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    No different than you separating his military comment from his entire post. Heck the next sentence alone......circles I've typed an explanation four times now.

Yes, and you create a whole new meaning when you choose to separate that sentence form the rest of his comments.

I know right especially when the person is flipping out.

I didn't infer, I said you were flipping out before you typed that sentence. I then notice the length of your comment and said you are still flipping out. You have responded to the same post twice. So I assume I'm going to need a Geiger Counter soon.

You sir are truly funny. I enjoy reading your posts. You can keep saying Im flipping out, the Geiger Counter comment was "Gold". In fact the whole basis for you argument now is to say "your flipping out"! So the length of a response in your mind is equatable to whether or not said person is flipping out?

You continue to argue out of context just for the sake of arguing. What point exactly are you trying to prove because as of your last message you stopped arguing with me. Now your just slinging mud to prove your right and Im wrong. To what end? I offered a healthy friendly debate and you ignore choosing to highlight bits and pieces, trying to fit the square peg into a round hole. Your wrong by the way about me seperating the whole debate and his military background. I simply commented on the military issue as several people were debating it. I also commented to him directly about his post. It just so happens that what we are discussing is in fact his military comment. At any rate put some new batteries in the Geiger Counter and let me borrow it when your done so I can muddle through your post. =)

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/20/2012 3:25am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You continue to argue out of context just for the sake of arguing. What point exactly are you trying to prove because as of your last message you stopped arguing with me. Now your just slinging mud to prove your right and Im wrong. To what end? I offered a healthy friendly debate and you ignore choosing to highlight bits and pieces, trying to fit the square peg into a round hole. Your wrong by the way about me seperating the whole debate and his military background. I simply commented on the military issue as several people were debating it. I also commented to him directly about his post. It just so happens that what we are discussing is in fact his military comment. At any rate put some new batteries in the Geiger Counter and let me borrow it when your done so I can muddle through your post. =)
    The whole problem is you think I'm trying to prove something. I explained to you why some people saw it as a red flag. That's it. I said it sarcastically, which I ALWAYS DO, and you bit. You didn't want to ARGUE semantics, but here we are. I was NEVER arguing with you. I said this is how some people saw his post. That hasn't changed. You don't see it that way. That hasn't changed. I parse things, just LIKE EVERYONE, I'm just more pedantic about it.

You wanted to debate a very small piece. I chose to debate the totality of your flipping out.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 6/20/2012 3:28am at .

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    6/20/2012 3:35am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks guys, it's looking increasingly unlikely we'll ever hear the story of British squaddies using cистема to keep the free world rocking.
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast