Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2012 4:38am

Style: Grappling/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Ralph Hall (ninja poser I did the vid on) served and even at at least one tour in a combat zone. He was still full of **** on so many things.

Sir: If I remember correctly he was the Ninja Ranger Poser that was outed on ArmyRanger.com. Is this the same one? He is in our Hall of Shame if that is the same person. I think he claimed a few PH's a Silver Star and HALO and Pathfinder awards also. That was a record bust. From the video he looked somewhat uncomfertable with you in his house. Priceless.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/19/2012 7:26am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger joe View Post
    Ok, I guess I missed the SOOPER SEKRET bit, I don't really need to play the semantics game with you. I don't see the need in it. I was not playing a word game with anyone to my knowledge. I was making the observation that I didn't doubt he served in the military. But the "don't ask me about my military secret training" card does get thrown around here and on other forums so I can see the RED FLAG.

Jim Jude: No worries, not offended sir.
    Uhmm the semantics issue started here:
    I was a hand to hand Instructor while in the Army, during official training in Military clubs/social environments and friendly Randori while deployed. We trained in as many Martial Arts as were practical based upon who was available and their skill set.

I am not prepared to openly discuss my Army career as apart from anything else it is irrelevant to this discussion.
    I decided to answer your rhetorical statement here:
    I was also not aware that his service in the military was in question.
    Some people are going to question his military service because of the "I'm not going to divulge.....blah blah blah blah.." That does make people question him because no one asked about anything top secret.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2012 4:07pm

Style: Yoshinkan & MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, believe what you want.

There is nothing, nor have I ever said nor insinuated that there is something "SOOPER SEKRET" about me!

If you have sensible questions that are asked in a sensible manner I will answer them.

Posted On:
    6/19/2012 4:10pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    I'm still confused about whether or not you were training soldiers as an official duty on government time, or in your personal time as recreation.
    Unanswered question.

Posted On:
    6/19/2012 4:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoCanuck View Post
    I was a hand to hand Instructor while in the Army, during official training in Military clubs/social environments and friendly Randori while deployed.
    So was that your official job with the army?

We trained in as many Martial Arts as were practical based upon who was available and their skill set.
    such as?

I am not prepared to openly discuss my Army career as apart from anything else it is irrelevant to this discussion.
    smells like sooper sekret

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2012 5:32pm

Style: Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What was yoshinkin like? I've always wanted to try that senshusei course but I don't have the time money or gumption.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2012 11:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Uhmm the semantics issue started here:

I decided to answer your rhetorical statement here:

Some people are going to question his military service because of the "I'm not going to divulge.....blah blah blah blah.." That does make people question him because no one asked about anything top secret.
    I did not make a rhetorical statement. I stated an observation that I was unaware that his military service was in question. I also did not take his statement about not talking about his service as "ubersecret" at least not at this point. I take it at face value till he aludes to more Ninja SAS skills. It sounds like at this point he is stating that he trained soldiers in combatives as well as took part in extra training for the fun of it. He also was not really playing semantics. HE stated that he did not want to discuss his service. He left it at that and did not elude to more. If he had said "due to the type of unit I was in..." or something along those lines. He did not and in fact he made a simple statement about not wanting to discuss his military service. Period.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/20/2012 12:39am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It sounds like
    That's all I need out of your post. If you want to read it your way fine. If you want to defend him fine. Now, you are playing that semantic game you claimed you didn't want to play.

SOME PEOPLE I didn't say YOU had to agree.

I don't really need to play the semantics game with you. I don't see the need in it. I was not playing a word game with anyone to my knowledge.
    Yeah, but here we go. I told you how some read it and now, because he served, you are going to flip out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2012 1:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    That's all I need out of your post. If you want to read it your way fine. If you want to defend him fine. Now, you are playing that semantic game you claimed you didn't want to play.

SOME PEOPLE I didn't say YOU had to agree.

Yeah, but here we go. I told you how some read it and now, because he served, you are going to flip out.

Actually I am not defending him, Im stating my opinion that he didn't say he was UBER SEKRET just that he did not want to talk about it. I left it at face value until he alludes to more top secret BS. I am not playing semantics, your just choosing to read it that way and get into a debate with me, for whatever reason. If you want to debate with me, ok, fine pick a topic and well have a friendly debate. Just because SOME people read it that way does not in fact mean thats the way he meant it. Maybe it is...maybe not, only time will tell. I also did not say that YOU said I had to agree. I simply stated my opinion on the matter.

As to me FLIPPING out because he served, Im not seeing were you get from my post that I was flipping out. I can show the man respect for serving without flipping out. I served and still serve so I have a lot of respect for someone who has served no matter the unit or branch of service. American, Canadian, Brittish, it makes no difference to me. THe point i make is simple: Let the man speak or not speak to his military service. Its his choice. It may or may not pertain to this discussion (the whole discussion which was Ninjitsu). Im not flipping out in the least, Im having an intelligent conversation with multiple people on a somewhat broad topic. I kinda thought that was the point. Why are we disagreeing again?

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/20/2012 1:20am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually I am not defending him, Im stating my opinion that he didn't say he was UBER SEKRET just that he did not want to talk about it. I left it at face value until he alludes to more top secret BS. I am not playing semantics, your just choosing to read it that way and get into a debate with me, for whatever reason. If you want to debate with me, ok, fine pick a topic and well have a friendly debate. Just because SOME people read it that way does not in fact mean thats the way he meant it. Maybe it is...maybe not, only time will tell. I also did not say that YOU said I had to agree. I simply stated my opinion on the matter.
    I chose to show you why people read it that way. You are now flipping out. I don't care that you don't want to read it the way I and others did. That's fine. I'm not debating you made a rhetorical statement, which is a nice way of saying you were being sarcastic.

As to me FLIPPING out because he served, Im not seeing were you get from my post that I was flipping out. I can show the man respect for serving without flipping out. I served and still serve so I have a lot of respect for someone who has served no matter the unit or branch of service. American, Canadian, Brittish, it makes no difference to me.
    .....and? So do I, but it doesn't stop me or anyone from asking questions. It also doesn't make you immune from ridicule when you call people trolls and flamers..

THe point i make is simple: Let the man speak or not speak to his military service. Its his choice.
    Who said he can't speak? No one. Now, if you want to defend him and parse his post fine. Calling people trolls and flamers has nothing to do with his military service, ninjutsu, systema or his military career he will not talk about.

My point is, CONTEXT is very important and when you combine multiple statements it sets a tone. That tone raised red flags that you decided to parse to make your weird "Let The Man Speak" point.

. Why are we disagreeing again?
    You keep FLIPPING OUT.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 6/20/2012 1:24am at .
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast