Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/18/2012 9:12pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoCanuck View Post

I was a hand to hand Instructor while in the Army, during official training in Military clubs/social environments and friendly Randori while deployed. We trained in as many Martial Arts as were practical based upon who was available and their skill set.
    OK, that's cool. But I'm still confused about whether or not you were training soldiers as an official duty on government time, or in your personal time as recreation.

I am not prepared to openly discuss my Army career as apart from anything else it is irrelevant to this discussion.
    Oh, brother... I wasn't curious before, but now I am! What a tease you are!

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/18/2012 9:58pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    d" or "Mob" old terms used traditionally. I was, as I said, in the British Army.

I was a hand to hand Instructor while in the Army, during official training in Military clubs/social environments and friendly Randori while deployed. We trained in as many Martial Arts as were practical based upon who was available and their skill set.

I am not prepared to openly discuss my Army career as apart from anything else it is irrelevant to this discussion.
    I'm willing to bet we have higher ranked UK military personnel on staff on this forum.

So, in closing...

Shut the **** up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2012 11:40pm

Style: Grappling/bjj

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apologies for the hiatus, I've been busy.

Right, ok, where to start?

Squaddie is a British Military term referring to the "Squad" or "Mob" old terms used traditionally. I was, as I said, in the British Army.

If you have specific questions you would like me to answer, just ask them. If they deserve an answer they will get one!

All of you Trolls and Flamers can take from this whatever you want and I really don't care if you don't like me or what I have to say.

I came here for serious discussion and, maybe naÔvely, opened with a kinda divisive post, sorry.

I will of course allow people whom I trust and believe will not abuse that trust to have access to me personally, Facebook etc.

Let the shitstorm commence!

So a Squadi is a squad member. Cool. I have always been interested in my brother-sister services and how or what they call things. Its an interesting part of military lore. I don't think anyone asked you about UBER-secret classified military stuff. At least I didn't catch that tone when I read through this forum. If you say your in or were in the military I take it at face value. THanks for your service. As far as flaming, I had no intention to flame you. I don't usually delve into those kind of fights. If you ask opinions on here related to Systema, Ninja, Whin-Chun, be warned you will get many opinions. Most of them I don't think you will like. Oh yeah, Catch Wreslting, thats another one that stirs the pot to. Anyway, welcome to Bullshido. Pull up a chair and stay awhile.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    6/19/2012 1:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger joe View Post
    So a Squadi is a squad member. Cool. I have always been interested in my brother-sister services and how or what they call things. Its an interesting part of military lore. I don't think anyone asked you about UBER-secret classified military stuff. At least I didn't catch that tone when I read through this forum. If you say your in or were in the military I take it at face value. THanks for your service. As far as flaming, I had no intention to flame you. I don't usually delve into those kind of fights. If you ask opinions on here related to Systema, Ninja, Whin-Chun, be warned you will get many opinions. Most of them I don't think you will like. Oh yeah, Catch Wreslting, thats another one that stirs the pot to. Anyway, welcome to Bullshido. Pull up a chair and stay awhile.
    this is bullshido.

the thread topic is apparently ninjutsu according to the thread title.

there is no such thing as top secret H2H techniques.

we don't need even more military poseurs around here, esp in ninja threads.

carry on.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2012 1:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    this is bullshido.

the thread topic is apparently ninjutsu according to the thread title.

there is no such thing as top secret H2H techniques.

we don't need even more military poseurs around here, esp in ninja threads.

carry on.
    [QUOTE=Jim_Jude;2698094]this is bullshido.

Yes, this is Bullshido. Thank you for the clarification. Im also aware of the threads topic. He asked about studying ninjitsu and I was replying with my opinion as well as a clarification on what a Squadi was. As I have never served in the british military I was not farmilier. I also am aware that there are no top secret H2H techniques. That is a marketing gimmick by some companies use on the uninformed. I was also not aware that his service in the military was in question. I fail to see the point your making in regards to my post. Please fill me in on what I have missed. Carry on sir

RLTW

ranger joe

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    6/19/2012 1:49am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, this is Bullshido. Thank you for the clarification. Im also aware of the threads topic. He asked about studying ninjitsu and I was replying with my opinion as well as a clarification on what a Squadi was. As I have never served in the british military I was not farmilier. I also am aware that there are no top secret H2H techniques. That is a marketing gimmick by some companies use on the uninformed. I was also not aware that his service in the military was in question. I fail to see the point your making in regards to my post. Please fill me in on what I have missed. Carry on sir

RLTW

ranger joe
    oops. I didn't mean for you to take any of that personally. ^_^
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/19/2012 1:53am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As I have never served in the british military I was not farmilier. I also am aware that there are no top secret H2H techniques. That is a marketing gimmick by some companies use on the uninformed. I was also not aware that his service in the military was in question.

RLTW

ranger joe
    The minute he posted "trolls and flamers SOOPER SEKRET H2H" Red Flags popped up. Let's play semantics, you can still be a poser and have served in the military.

I'm not even questioning that he served.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2012 2:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    The minute he posted "trolls and flamers SOOPER SEKRET H2H" Red Flags popped up. Let's play semantics, you can still be a poser and have served in the military.

Ok, I guess I missed the SOOPER SEKRET bit, I don't really need to play the semantics game with you. I don't see the need in it. I was not playing a word game with anyone to my knowledge. I was making the observation that I didn't doubt he served in the military. But the "don't ask me about my military secret training" card does get thrown around here and on other forums so I can see the RED FLAG.

Jim Jude: No worries, not offended sir.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    6/19/2012 2:49am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post

yeah, Ralph Severe signed up too. he even went to boot!

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    6/19/2012 3:24am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ralph Hall (ninja poser I did the vid on) served and even at at least one tour in a combat zone. He was still full of **** on so many things.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast