Sponsored Links Spacer Image

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    11/24/2012 10:38pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The most interesting part of this thread was when the "Goldust Ninja", Gigatron AKA "Cobra Delaris" showed up to play apologist for the Booj and post his cage fight videos.

He lasted 5 days on Bullshido.

BudoCanuck deserves some credit for at least returning, although I'm pretty sure by now his funny bone was pulverized by a ninja death grip at some point in the past.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 11/24/2012 10:42pm at .

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    11/24/2012 11:21pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoCanuck View Post
    Okay, if that is indeed the case, why did you answer my post? Just to be offencive?
    There's a thing that pops up and tells us when there are new posts. Yours was silly enough to garner a reply. Congratulations.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    11/24/2012 11:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2012 5:01am

Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigatron View Post
    I don't know where you'd find one, that's why I said "If".

What makes my group different? Well first and foremost no one involved does this as a hobby, every member is either former/active military, law enforcement or in my case law enforcement/MMA.

So #1: is motive. ( staying alive and not getting taken out by multiple adversaries/random BJJ trash )

#2: Physical fitness is mandatory. I'm not talking about these weekend warriors who think they're in shape because they go to the gym twice and eat one dingdong instead of two. Majority of us have a strict 5 day lifting regimen, 3-4 days running regimen and training is about 4 days a week also.

Once again this is not some random set of "dojo rules" we're a core group of people, and this is just the fitness standard we've agreed on after seeing our fellow officers get torn apart and seeing friends go down in the cage because they thought they knew what they were doing.

#3: I'm not going to list how this is done because I don't need some random Booj lurkers trying to emulate me and pretend like they actually hold a candle, but techniques are broken down and sorted in specific ways, entire Ryu-ha are learned and studied but training specific and functional techniques are key. The problem with most of the other groups is that it's a random theme or move every night and no one learns or develops skill in any one technique. So you have 20 something people doing half assed versions of 30 moves they never really learned correctly. [ See a problem there? ]

Also somethings don't translate to certain situations. I can't use happaken or shakoken in a match, but I can certainly use happaken in transition to a clinch in a realistic situation. Same with shakoken, last time I checked IL had an issue with clawing through flesh in the cage.

I am starting to ramble here so I'll try to sum this up.

The majority of people in the Bujinkan are out of shape, have no real combat experience [ of their own choosing! because they're scared and want to dress up and be feudal figments of the past ], don't train their techniques properly or long enough, and never test them against resisting opponents. Once again I completely understand not every technique can be used full force without injury but guess what? A lot of them can and do work.

We do the opposite of the above issues.

As for video taping sparring? Electronic equipment isn't allowed in the main building we train at due to security regulations but in the future we'd like to expand to some different training areas or do some filming in outdoor terrain. I suppose if you're super curious and ever in the Chi, you could hit me up and we can roll together. I don't hate other Bujinkan practioners, I'm just really sick and tired of people pretending to be something they aren't. [ Donk, Hayes, 75% of the Gaijin Shihan ] I would take a fight with any of those fruit loops on any day of any year.

P.S Oh and how could I forget the likes of the ass-juice run off collective of Antony Cummins and Christa Jacobson. Throw these imbeciles up into that list also.

P.P.S It may seem like I am extremely negative but that's really not the essence of what I am trying to get across, text is hard to translate how someone really feels about a specific situation so just a heads up, I don't think I'm some demon resurrecting the ways of the past... I'm just annoyed with how things were done and decided to change that.

There's a training event from 1987 on Youtube where Doron and Hatsumi tell the group there ( around the 17 minute mark ) that they need to start actually training and utilizing the strikes the way they are meant to be, my feelings are very similar.

It's a shame barely anyone listened.

I can't speak on much due to zero to no training in martial arts but I recently took two Bujikan classes in Portland and they taught in the bad way you described. 5-10 min on random skills & techniques. Utterly pointless beside an ok workout. It's too bad too because I really wanted to get into it. Poor instruction with very very little structure though. Nice guys, just not athletes or warriors. Sounds like your group is the diamond in the rough of Ninjitsu practiciners.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    11/25/2012 5:22am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoCanuck View Post
    And you cannot see the personal messages that I have received, it would seem that there are several people who not only noticed, but cared enough to ask how I am.
    Now I feel sad. In the whole four years I've been a member here, I don't think I've been asked how I am even once.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2012 5:49am

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Now I feel sad. In the whole four years I've been a member here, I don't think I've been asked how I am even once.
    Hey, pal. How are you?

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    11/25/2012 6:07am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    Hey, pal. How are you?
    I'm good, thanks for asking.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    11/25/2012 7:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo_Brown View Post
    I can't speak on much due to zero to no training in martial arts but I recently took two Bujikan classes in Portland and they taught in the bad way you described. 5-10 min on random skills & techniques. Utterly pointless beside an ok workout. It's too bad too because I really wanted to get into it. Poor instruction with very very little structure though. Nice guys, just not athletes or warriors. Sounds like your group is the diamond in the rough of Ninjitsu practiciners.
    He's right. btw. After six years in the booj & some time in Japan, I finally gave up the black pajamas. There are less than a handful of booj guys worth training with. It's not as bad as finding the silat guys worth training with, but it's bad.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 8:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA, BJJ.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been training in Bujinkan Ninjutsu for the past few months and I do believe that some of the techniques are effective. A few problems I have is that your training parter lets you do them and all the techniques are mostly against one type of punch is a slow lunge punch. I cross train in Muay Thai as well but I've been thinking of switching to mma instead. I think ninjutsu has its merits but would b much more effective with something like mma which has proper conditioning and sparring.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 4:54pm

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCompo View Post
    I've been training in Bujinkan Ninjutsu for the past few months and I do believe that some of the techniques are effective. A few problems I have is that your training parter lets you do them and all the techniques are mostly against one type of punch is a slow lunge punch. I cross train in Muay Thai as well but I've been thinking of switching to mma instead. I think ninjutsu has its merits but would b much more effective with something like mma which has proper conditioning and sparring.
    I think you're pretty much correct and wish you good luck with your future mma training.