Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202627282930 31323334 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2012 10:29am

Style: Boxing, Judo, Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Stop questioning his MA knowledge, he wants to fight you when you show his ignorance. Oh wait you have a military tag, carry on.
    Oh how true.

Gigatron,

[COMEDY]
    What a shitstorm this thread turned into. Whenever you were faced with superior historical knowledge, you retorted without fail:

Come at me bro
    Oh, and that picture you posted of yourself. How the **** did you manage to out Jersey Shore the cast of Jersey Shore?
    [/COMEDY]

Okay, so allow me, once and for all to state clearly what I think:

(1) BBT sucks dick.

Sorry, but it does. Your counterarguments: "It's the practitioners, not the art that sucks dick" and the closely correlated "Its not the art, its the training methodology that sucks dick" do not hold water. The arts that I train (BJJ, Judo, and Boxing) do have practitioners that suck. That's true, but none of them are high level practitioners or are viewed as experts in the art.

None of my statements above are directed at you, which is why I'm so perplexed by the "Come at me, bro" mentality. BBT sucks dick, and despite that, you seem to be a tough fighter. You being a tough fighter does not equate to BBT being good. Sorry, you're an anecdote, a single outlier of good among a sample of fail.

(2) Based on your description, your ground game could use some work.

This is based on your description of "winning" at randori, and your described primary guard pass. Also, your statement that:

Let BJJers try to submit me while I bash in their orbital.
    Well, a friend who I wrestled with in High School, and is a BJJ black belt (although he wasn't at the time of this anecdote) did that. He got his orbital broken by a kick during a MMA fight, and still managed to submit the guy 30 seconds later.

Admittedly anecdotal, but still, there is a lot of evidence of this in the early UFCs. In other words, I think you don't fully understand the capabilities of a good grappler.

This isn't a challenge per se, just an observation. You apparently disagree. I've offered a simple approach that would allow you to prove me wrong - enter and place at a NAGA event. I would certainly retract my statements and apologize.

(3) I have questions about whether or not you're a professional MMA fighter.

Given that your bouts were, based on my current knowledge, unsanctioned I would conclude that you have no professional fights. So your fight record neither confirms, nor denies, that you are a pro. To me, the defining characteristic is a professional license. Have you been licensed by IL to fight professionally?

If you haven't I imagine you'll need a few more wins before you can get one (IIRC, MO requires five wins at amateur before moving to pro). Next time I roll at the hit squad in Granite City, I'll ask a couple of their pros about the regulations in IL.

Also, I noted that you said there were pros and amateurs on the same card (not unusual) - were this mixed? Pros vs. amateurs? That's scary.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    9/05/2012 10:39am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All the Hattori Hanzos were very historical individuals.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    9/05/2012 10:45am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This isn't a challenge per se, just an observation. You apparently disagree. I've offered a simple approach that would allow you to prove me wrong - enter and place at a NAGA event. I would certainly retract my statements and apologize.
    Not just enter NAGA enter at the Advance or Pro level. Someone in good shape and a little bit of grappling knowledge can do well in the Beginner levels of NAGA but that doesn't say mucn. Remember the Jujutuskadesu? He did well at the beginner levels and thought he was a good enough to hand good grapplers in MMA. He entered a match and got submitted.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2012 12:13pm

Style: Parkour and Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigatron View Post
    Anyone reading this outside of you collective intellectuals can see how many times you all have avoided when I brought up a topic and you had no retort to it yet I continue to answer your questions based on your inability to read.

No one still answered me when I asked them to prove the Shoninki is a fake document.

Why? Because you just spout **** and get quiet whenever you don't have the answer instead of admitting you're wrong.

I was incorrect on a few things in the thread, but apparently no one else was. The majority of what you think I was incorrect on was **** you were assuming. I can get real specific if you need a breakdown ; ).
    I am not one of these collective individuals.

I've seen you repeatedly decry others' reading ability over things you did not write. I've seen you use logical fallacies that hundreds of people who have passed thru this forum have used, who don't know what they're talking about. I've seen you challenge the internet after you couldn't beat them in open debate. I've seen you repeatedly move the goalposts, change the subject, and dodge simple questions ("Are you stationed in Cook County?" "No." Answers the question without giving unnecessary personal info.) I've seen you cower in fear over a professional conversation with a man who has given sufficient proof that he is a LEO. I've seen you try to change what you've previously written to suit later arguments. I've seen you claim ninjutsu works because you use techniques and principles common in MMA, though you freely admit you don't use BBT for MMA. I've seen you give a ridiculous assertion of what you can achieve with a roll in a clearly one-sided fight (meaning, you haven't even considered the relativity of what the other guy will be doing.) I've seen you repeatedly put words in other people's mouths. I've seen you repeatedly claim to be something that, from my layman's perspective, you are not.

I've not seen you take one piece of advice. I've not seen you accede to anyone's (greater) knowledge in martial arts, tactics, logic, or even economics. And no, I've not seen you answer a single question directly, immediately, or as asked.

Here's a hint: when everyone is on you about the same thing, you're probably wrong.
    Last edited by simonifrius; 9/05/2012 12:18pm at . Reason: Separating wall of text/rant a bit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2012 12:25pm

Style: Parkour and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Middlefinger View Post
    That's so he can claim booj when he's using stuff he learned training mma.

Kind of like how he claims to work for the sheriff's office in "Chicagoland" so he can claim to work with "the highest murder rate in the US". I mean, obviously the statisticians were from IL or WI, so it counts.

Posted On:
    9/05/2012 12:32pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigatron View Post
    Shut me up then Spamalot. Oh wait, you can't. Because you wouldn't last one round with me.

Edit* I'll be back tomorrow. I have to go LARP in makeup now.
    LOLZ
    Spamalot is a good nickname for cheap pie

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2012 5:29pm

Style: Freestyle scientific

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ninjitsu, AFAIK, is simply basic Samurai technique combined with catburgling.... which is great if you're in a country that uses dogs for snacks instead of security. It's hard to fool a watchdog by sneaking in under cover of darkness... they don't need daylight to hear and smell someone, and they can see in the dark better than people too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2012 5:33pm

Style: Freestyle scientific

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom .C View Post
    This could be the beginning of the "Thousand Years of Darkness" Chuck Norris is worried about when Obama gets re-elected.
    I definitely think it's time to buy stock in flashlights.

Posted On:
    9/05/2012 5:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LesbianSeagal View Post
    Ninjitsu, AFAIK, is simply basic Samurai technique combined with catburgling.... which is great if you're in a country that uses dogs for snacks instead of security. It's hard to fool a watchdog by sneaking in under cover of darkness... they don't need daylight to hear and smell someone, and they can see in the dark better than people too.
    They had war dogs in Japan. Akita-Inu is a good example of the nasty critters they've bread for ass kicking duty.

An enterprising Ninja would probably have countered guard dogs the same way we do it now. Poison, drugs or other silent method of dispatch. Suposedly they were really big on the use of drugs to dissorient and confuse victims. It would explain some of the legends regarding their mystic powers. Some sneaky dosing and a bit of legerdemaine would go a long way towards building a reputation for "magic".

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/05/2012 5:57pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Not just enter NAGA enter at the Advance or Pro level. Someone in good shape and a little bit of grappling knowledge can do well in the Beginner levels of NAGA but that doesn't say mucn. Remember the Jujutuskadesu? He did well at the beginner levels and thought he was a good enough to hand good grapplers in MMA. He entered a match and got submitted.
    It's funny when I suggested the same thing he flipped out.
Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202627282930 31323334 ... LastLast