233612 Bullies, 3901 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 281 to 290 of 492
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 192526272829 3031323339 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Middlefinger is offline
    Middlefinger's Avatar

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Victoria, B.C.
    Posts
    520

    Posted On:
    9/05/2012 1:07am

    supporting member
     Style: none

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I just like how he brings up BBT techniques and says they are exactly like techniques from other arts. Like that somehow makes it better.
    That's so he can claim booj when he's using stuff he learned training mma.
  2. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,584

    Posted On:
    9/05/2012 5:43am

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I just like how he brings up BBT techniques and says they are exactly like techniques from other arts. Like that somehow makes it better.
    Except he is wrong.
    BBT techinques may be SIMILAR to others but the are not the same. Also IIRC he said all the strikes in Muay Thai are in BBT, that is completley and utterly FALSE! Other than the teep kick in MT there is not much else the share. Ever see a bolo punch or superman (western names) in BBT. Now if he is trying ot use AKBAN that doesn't cut it because they openly crosstrain in MT, Judo, Jiu Jitsu, etc.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  3. battlefields is offline
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,235

    Posted On:
    9/05/2012 5:53am

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, I get it, gezere. He's deluding himself by thinking he is "modifying" BBT to work in the cage when in actuality he isn't and is likely just going the long way round to using techniques he could've easily picked up by doing thai straight up.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
  4. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,584

    Posted On:
    9/05/2012 5:55am

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Oh, I get it, gezere. He's deluding himself by thinking he is "modifying" BBT to work in the cage when in actuality he isn't and is likely just going the long way round to using techniques he could've easily picked up by doing thai straight up.
    The Force is strong with this one!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  5. battlefields is offline
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,235

    Posted On:
    9/05/2012 5:57am

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stop, you're making me blush.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
  6. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,103

    Posted On:
    9/05/2012 7:38am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Except he is wrong.
    BBT techinques may be SIMILAR to others but the are not the same. Also IIRC he said all the strikes in Muay Thai are in BBT, that is completley and utterly FALSE! Other than the teep kick in MT there is not much else the share. Ever see a bolo punch or superman (western names) in BBT. Now if he is trying ot use AKBAN that doesn't cut it because they openly crosstrain in MT, Judo, Jiu Jitsu, etc.
    Stop questioning his MA knowledge, he wants to fight you when you show his ignorance. Oh wait you have a military tag, carry on.
  7. TexJohn is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    196

    Posted On:
    9/05/2012 7:51am


     Style: BJJ

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trying to make him out to be a ninja Sonnen is ridiculous! He does not possess anywhere close to the **** talking prowess.
  8. Tom .C is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,126

    Posted On:
    9/05/2012 7:55am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Stop questioning his MA knowledge, he wants to fight you when you show his ignorance. Oh wait you have a military tag, carry on.
    This could be the beginning of the "Thousand Years of Darkness" Chuck Norris is worried about when Obama gets re-elected.
  9. ashkelon is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    BXL
    Posts
    327

    Posted On:
    9/05/2012 9:45am


     Style: Striking, grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigatron View Post
    It's cool. The Europe thing was from the debate Ashkelon and I were having earlier in the post.
    You can comb through my entire post history, I never make any claims to fighting ability.
  10. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,451

    Posted On:
    9/05/2012 10:21am

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom .C View Post
    This could be the beginning of the "Thousand Years of Darkness" Chuck Norris is worried about when Obama gets re-elected.
    I stand with Chuck.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.