Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 8:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PDA View Post
    Why do all Ninja threads end up talking about Mexicans hating Jesus?
    Jesus, the Mexican Ninja, is not well liked by Mexicans

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 9:00am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigatron View Post
    I'm not sure why you'd judge or assume things about my ground game knowledge based on some simple stuff I was discussing with Plasma.
    Probably because you think BJJ has no answer for the Ninjitsu guard pass you described, which is also the first pass they teach in BJJ. I'm not being glib. When a new guy shows up, and has no grappling background, he gets shown how to shrimp, then the guard, then that pass, then he drills it. That's the first day.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 9:03am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom .C View Post
    Jesus, the Mexican Ninja, is not well liked by Mexicans
    Because he's Gay?
    King without a crown

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 9:50am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    It isn't your sarcasm, it is your use of logical fallacies and lack of MA knowledge .
    After reading both threads I am thinking he might not know what a logical fallcy is. The lack or MA knowldege is sadly very obvious.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 9:52am

Style: Boxing, Judo, Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BBT has been used by the military and police groups also. Jack Hoban teaches the Marine Corps, Tanemura teaches sects of Japanese police departments. Both of these individuals are good examples of people who understand the art.
    Hoban was a SME for the creation of MCMAP. Based on his writings, I would say his focus was more on ethics than combat techniques. Remember, MCMAP was a revamp of the existing LINE system with additions to support non-lethal tactics needed on a peacekeeping mission. I would love someone to point out the BBT that exists in MCMAP.

Anderson Silva reps BJJ, but also hired Steven Seagal to show him angling principals from Aiki-jutsu. Aiki-jutsu and certain BBT Ryu-ha are extremely similar. There are many techniques from Judo, and JJ/BJJ within BBT, it all comes from similar Ryu-ha.
    Silva is the exception that proves the rule. He's probably so naturally talented he could get Aikido to work in the ring. That being said, do you think he reps Seagull more than Chute Boxe?

I'm very familar with NAGA and their participants. My coach took second place at NAGA in 08 or 07 when we had an active MMA team that worked closely with Team Oyama in IL. And he out classes me in weight by 45 lbs. If that isn't a seasoned grappler to train with I don't know what is.
    Did I enter any NAGA tournaments? No, have I fought high level NAGA grapplers in randori and won?
    Awesome. You totally miss the point of randori. You are seriously that guy. right? That guy that tries to win at sparring. Its practice dude. I lose all the time during sparring, not because the guy beat my A game, but because I was working at my C and D game.

Yes. I'm not sure why you'd judge or assume things about my ground game knowledge based on some simple stuff I was discussing with Plasma.
    Because you described the worlds most simplistic guard pass (that will certainly end you in a triangle against a more experienced opponent) and that sprawling would stop any wrestler (seriously, it won't).

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 10:26am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BBT has been used by the military and police groups also. Jack Hoban teaches the Marine Corps, Tanemura teaches sects of Japanese police departments. Both of these individuals are good examples of people who understand the art.
    *sigh* I really hate when people do this because the really don't know what htey are talking about. Hoban was a Marine Corp Captian and apparently a good one. He was called more for his expertise as a Marine than BBT. Yes he is a respected MArtist but he is also a respected Marine. I know the MCMAP program very well have have trained both in the Bujinkan, Genbukan, and even Toshindo. There is no BBT in it. There is a hell of alot of easily identifiable Muay Thai, BJJ, Boxing, Wrestling though.
    Tanemura teaches jujutsu to the police. The material he uses largely comes from schools that would be the jujutsu schools he trained for Kinbei.

Anderson Silva reps BJJ, but also hired Steven Seagal to show him angling principals from Aiki-jutsu. Aiki-jutsu and certain BBT Ryu-ha are extremely similar. There are many techniques from Judo, and JJ/BJJ within BBT, it all comes from similar Ryu-ha.
    First off Seagal doesn't know Aikijutsu. He knows Aikido. And that was pretty tongue and cheek. Just like when Mike Tyson visited the Yoshinkan in Japan.

I'm not disagreeing that there aren't famous BBT representatives in the cage. Part of that I attribute to the way the training has been handled and people hiding behind rank/larping/having no interest in fighting professionally or even amateur bouts.
    The thinking is BBT was attempted in the cage. It didn't go very well. Plus you can find many videos of BBT "sparring" on the net and they are all horrible.

Think of it like this: Before the Gracies really refined their own techniques from JJ, BJJ didn't exist and smaller opponents tearing people apart in matches was rarely seen.
    WRONG!!!!! There have been noted small grapplers though out history that proved technique and be physique. I mean seriously did you completely forget about Mitsuyo Maeda and what he did BEFORE the taught the Gracies? Not mention the tons of small catch wrestlers that made a living hooking bigger guys.

But they figured out what worked and refined it over a couple generations [ not hundreds of years ] and have now seen success, granted the success is tempered because BJJ is common now and not a mystery. But I believe BBT can be refined in the same way and I am working on that as a personal project.
    They refined their method but what they did was being done already it really wasn't a secret on how to choke someone out. Matter of fact when I first saw Royce fight I thought he was doing Judo. I used to dismiss BJJ (which I called Basicly Just Judo) until I started doing it more and realized some of the finer aspects.

Did I enter any NAGA tournaments? No, have I fought high level NAGA grapplers in randori and won? Yes. I'm not sure why you'd judge or assume things about my ground game knowledge based on some simple stuff I was discussing with Plasma.
    I'm skeptical because I don't think you are supposed to WIN in randori. So I would say you haven't fought a skilled grappler.

I plan to fight again in 2013 so it's a moot point, if there's a NAGA going on in the midwest before that I'd be interested in participating. I also welcomed anyone who wanted to roll with me who lives in the midwest.
    Midwest sucks. If you ever get on the east coast or find your way to Europe I woudl be more than happy to roll with you.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 10:33am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Your knife is meh.
    So are most Kali Instructors.
    Last edited by Plasma; 9/04/2012 10:41am at .

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 11:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In all honesty the only real way you can criticize my fighting prowess is to personally beat me in some form of match/randori, etc. ...
    Nope, not true.
    You are using bullshit arguments.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 11:48am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No I'm an officer in Chicago for the Sheriff's Office and I do MMA on the side.

Sorry but there's something called General Orders that forbid me to post dress up photos of me in uniform and or my Star number.
    You're a Cook County Sheriff's Deputy? Assignment?

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 12:36pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    So are most Kali Instructors.
    It's been awhile since we gong daoed.

Yes.

I just did that.

I am just that awesome.