Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 71314151617 1819202127 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/03/2012 9:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gigatron, can you make some videos like these?

Keep the Geza Kalman hair, though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2012 9:18pm

Style: Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Gigatron, can you make some videos like these?

Keep the Geza Kalman hair, though.
    ROFL. I like the unneeded rolling of R's while he's talking about Razor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 12:46am

Style: Boxing, Judo, Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigatron View Post
    I'm 2-0 professionally. I've fought in Combat-Do and XFO events in Chicago.
    Congrats on the wins. That's awesome. (I actually mean that).
    Now for me to be honest. What were the grappling pedigrees of your opponents? Because after listening to your ground tactics, I don't buy that you've faced a seasoned grappler. Enter NAGA, or some other grappling tournament. It'll be eye opening.

I will -never- agree that the art is useless. Just useless people doing it wrong.
    Okay, this is confirmation bias. Seriously. Look it up.

If 99.99% of the people that do booj suck, it is really that wrong for me to round up, and just say:"it sucks a dick, do Judo instead."

As for utilizing BBT in the cage, I just said and said prior in my original post it does not translate well there and I don't utilize what would be noticeable kamae when fighting in the sport scenarios, but the angling, principals and kyusho digs are there ; ).
    Back to confirmation bias... even though I can't apply Booj, I can apply the high level principles, and that means all of it is practical and proves that it works.

Now I love how you want respect for Booj, but are unafraid to trash other arts:

Tell me exactly where I would have needed to use a kamae in a situation like this where he just tries to tackle me and keeps grabbing for my arm [ like all pathetic BJJ/MMA noobs do ] to pull me down and get a rear naked and or get behind me? In this situation I do what I feel is required for the targets he presents me with I.E his face, kidneys and floating rib all sexy kyusho points btw.
    Thai striking does not intimidate me, sorry.
    Judo throws are more effective than BBT throws? Since when is bending over more effective/safer than standing up and reaping legs? Last time an MMA fighter tried his Judo horseshit on me he got clinched and torn up.
    So BBT is better than Muay Thai, Judo and BJJ.

Let's do a quick check:

Fighters who rep MT: Anderson Silva,Wanderlei Silva... oh **** it, I won't go through the list...
    Fighters who rep BJJ: BJ Penn... and again, **** it...
    Fighters who rep Judo: Rowdy Ronda, LeBell, Karo Parisiyan... and again, I won't try to be comprehensive....

Fighters who rep BBT: ...? ...? ...?

MT, BJJ, and Judo have all been used for the basis of modern military combative fighting systems. BBT may have been used in the 1500s, if you believe Hatsumi.

P.S one of the main things I brought up in my original post was that my group does things differently than the Booj.
    This is the most fucktarded thing you wrote. The art is about fighting, and you fight how you train - and if at the arts core it doesn't require hard training, then you don't really learn how to fight. And that's why BBT sucks a dick, IMHO.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 3:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKenner View Post
    Congrats on the wins. That's awesome. (I actually mean that).
    Now for me to be honest. What were the grappling pedigrees of your opponents? Because after listening to your ground tactics, I don't buy that you've faced a seasoned grappler. Enter NAGA, or some other grappling tournament. It'll be eye opening.

Okay, this is confirmation bias. Seriously. Look it up.

If 99.99% of the people that do booj suck, it is really that wrong for me to round up, and just say:"it sucks a dick, do Judo instead."

Back to confirmation bias... even though I can't apply Booj, I can apply the high level principles, and that means all of it is practical and proves that it works.

Now I love how you want respect for Booj, but are unafraid to trash other arts:

So BBT is better than Muay Thai, Judo and BJJ.

Let's do a quick check:

Fighters who rep MT: Anderson Silva,Wanderlei Silva... oh **** it, I won't go through the list...
    Fighters who rep BJJ: BJ Penn... and again, **** it...
    Fighters who rep Judo: Rowdy Ronda, LeBell, Karo Parisiyan... and again, I won't try to be comprehensive....

Fighters who rep BBT: ...? ...? ...?

MT, BJJ, and Judo have all been used for the basis of modern military combative fighting systems. BBT may have been used in the 1500s, if you believe Hatsumi.

This is the most fucktarded thing you wrote. The art is about fighting, and you fight how you train - and if at the arts core it doesn't require hard training, then you don't really learn how to fight. And that's why BBT sucks a dick, IMHO.
    There's a lot to respond to here so I'll keep it short and simple.

I trashed BBT being done poorly as well as the 'other arts' being done poorly. I also stated it falls upon the person practicing the arts involved and how realistic training is.

BBT has been used by the military and police groups also. Jack Hoban teaches the Marine Corps, Tanemura teaches sects of Japanese police departments. Both of these individuals are good examples of people who understand the art.

Anderson Silva reps BJJ, but also hired Steven Seagal to show him angling principals from Aiki-jutsu. Aiki-jutsu and certain BBT Ryu-ha are extremely similar. There are many techniques from Judo, and JJ/BJJ within BBT, it all comes from similar Ryu-ha.

I'm not disagreeing that there aren't famous BBT representatives in the cage. Part of that I attribute to the way the training has been handled and people hiding behind rank/larping/having no interest in fighting professionally or even amateur bouts.

Think of it like this: Before the Gracies really refined their own techniques from JJ, BJJ didn't exist and smaller opponents tearing people apart in matches was rarely seen. But they figured out what worked and refined it over a couple generations [ not hundreds of years ] and have now seen success, granted the success is tempered because BJJ is common now and not a mystery. But I believe BBT can be refined in the same way and I am working on that as a personal project.

I'm very familar with NAGA and their participants. My coach took second place at NAGA in 08 or 07 when we had an active MMA team that worked closely with Team Oyama in IL. And he out classes me in weight by 45 lbs. If that isn't a seasoned grappler to train with I don't know what is. As for my opponents? I don't train at their schools and I can't verify what they train in other than what they tell the promoters.

Did I enter any NAGA tournaments? No, have I fought high level NAGA grapplers in randori and won? Yes. I'm not sure why you'd judge or assume things about my ground game knowledge based on some simple stuff I was discussing with Plasma.

I plan to fight again in 2013 so it's a moot point, if there's a NAGA going on in the midwest before that I'd be interested in participating. I also welcomed anyone who wanted to roll with me who lives in the midwest.

EDIT: I wasn't trashing Muay Thai, I love Muay Thai, I said I'm not intimidated by the striking. I've been hit with pretty heavy elbows and fists before plenty of times.. that was a generalized statement that no strikes send fear coursing through my body. I wouldn't enjoy competing/randori if that were the case. Any strike can be blocked, parried or absorbed with your elbows/palms, etc so I thought his statement of acting like techniques should be feared was silly. Anyone who is afraid [ not concerned or cautious ] but truly fearful of being hit probably should focus on that fear being solved and not worry about anything martial arts related until that gets taken care of training wise.
    Last edited by Gigatron; 9/04/2012 3:13am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 3:21am

Style: Striking, grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't strawman me, I never said you should fear MT, I said you don't want to compare the level and technique of striking of MT to BBT striking, as it's on a different planet. That goes for both traditional and "dutch" MT.
    It's not because I criticize BBT technique that I criticize your fighting prowess.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 3:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ashkelon View Post
    Don't strawman me, I never said you should fear MT, I said you don't want to compare the level and technique of striking of MT to BBT striking, as it's on a different planet. That goes for both traditional and "dutch" MT.
    It's not because I criticize BBT technique that I criticize your fighting prowess.
    In all honesty the only real way you can criticize my fighting prowess is to personally beat me in some form of match/randori, etc. Which I'd be down for if it becomes possible. Anything beyond that is an opinion formed on the internet and our own beliefs about what could and would happen in specific situations.

EDIT: I'm not Mr. Kim, it won't cost a $10,000 retainer to play together.

EDITX2: I think you're the only one awake at 3am as it seems this is when we apparently discuss these issues.
    Last edited by Gigatron; 9/04/2012 3:29am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 4:10am

Style: Striking, grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm in Europe ;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 4:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ashkelon View Post
    I'm in Europe ;)
    Lucky you. I live in a land of corruption and economic manipulation, with a private bank that prints money out of thin air to enslave it's citizens by creating debt and inflation which is built into a failed monetary system.

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 4:17am

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigatron View Post
    Lucky you. I live in a land of corruption and economic manipulation, with a private bank that prints money out of thin air to enslave it's citizens by creating debt and inflation which is built into a failed monetary system.
    Communist.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 4:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Communist.
    Nope. I couldn't possibly believe in Communism without practicing Chinese Hell Marches or Sambo.