Actual Photo

Posted On:
    11/21/2014 11:50am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Killology --- I need help

http://www.killology.com/

I search functioned but more than likely fucked up because I am a Day Drinking Libtard ( knob creek 100 proof is not a way to start an article at 7 am.

So yeah,
    KILLOLOGY, (n): The scholarly study of the destructive act, just as sexology is the scholarly study of the procreative act. In particular, killology focuses on the reactions of healthy people in killing circumstances (such as police and military in combat) and the factors that enable and restrain killing in these situations. This field of study was pioneered by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, in his Pulitzer-nominated book, On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society.
    It seems he painting an odd picture of himself
    Col. Grossman co-authored Stop Teaching Our Kids to Kill: A Call to Action Against TV, Movie and Video Game Violence, which has been translated into Norwegian and German, and has received international acclaim.
    Does anyone know anything about his current teachings to LEO or what the actual content of his seminars are? Cause his marketing is all over the place ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    11/21/2014 12:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    take for example his hostile and inflammatory language here http://www.killology.com/school_note...g_violence.htm

preventing violence in our schools is to put a police officer in the halls.
    We know that a terrorist, whether he is a school shooter or an international terrorist, is not looking for a fair fight, because if he were, he would go to a police station where there are lots of armed officers perfectly willing to oblige him. While there are the occasional incidents where a gunman seeks out police officers in the hope that they will kill him, a terrorist wanting to garner an impressive body count in this new, international game will never go to a place populated by professional, armed warriors.

The same is true of the corrections community. We take the distilled essence of all the people no one else in America wants to live with, we pack them all in one place and we make our corrections officers live with them every day. These officers live in an environment that makes the post office look like nirvana, but they never go “postal.” No one ever tries to shoot their fellow corrections employees, and the obvious reason is because of all those other officers in the towers armed with heavy-duty firepower. Clearly, a police station and a prison are not places to try to butcher innocent people and rack up a high score, nor would a school be the place to go when there is an armed police officer present acting as a deterrent. The kind of pathetic losers who commit these acts seldom go to places where there are people present who can shoot back.
    ... at a time of civil unrest and high tension between LEOrgs and American Citizens I can't help but wonder about his motives and the content of his video courses and lectures he doesn't share.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Posted On:
    11/21/2014 12:45pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have heard him on the radio and he seemed to have some ideas worth looking at regarding how you end up with violent individuals. Having said that i do not know if he has engaged in peer reviewed research to test his theories.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    11/21/2014 12:56pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Problem of course being recent numerous studies showing his ideas on what creates a violent person are wrong... at least with video games and media.

Sent from my IPhone7+2CI
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    11/21/2014 2:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it me or is this guy really into fear mongering and creating connections where none exist.

I hate that I can't edit my posts ... but this needed to be documented.

Quote Originally Posted by killology.com
    While most kids today are a notch or two better than they have been in years, the ones who are bad are the worst we have ever seen. That might be a bold statement, but when was the last time in American history that we have had so many five- to eight-year-old killers that we lose track of them? When was the last time in history when we had so many middle school and high school mass murders that we lose track of them? Jonesboro, Pearl, Paducah, Springfield, Littleton, Edinborough, San Diego, Conyers, Fort Gibson, and on and on. Most of the kids killed and wounded in the middle school shooting that occurred in Jonesboro, Arkansas were shot with a World War II, M-1 carbine. That weapon has been in existence for over 50 years, but to a kid with a desire and the ability to use it to commit mass murder, this is new. Most of the kids killed at Columbine in Littleton, Colorado, were shot with 12-gauge, pump-action shotguns, a weapon that has been in existence for over 100 years. Millions of such weapons have been in existence for over a century, but it is only today that we are breeding kids who have the evil in their hearts to take that shotgun and shove it in the faces of fellow students and blow their brains out the backs of their heads, one after another. While the good kids today are generally pretty good kids, the new ingredient is that the bad kids today are the worst we have ever seen. There is evil in some of our schools, an evil such as we had in World War II. In the Second World War there was enemy easily labeled as evil, Nazi Germany. If you were ever going to use the word “evil” most people would agree to use it on Nazi Germany. The magnitude of the evil of our enemy galvanized and polarized our nation into action, creating what is now called “The greatest generation.” Today, in virtually every school in America there are kids who have sold out to evil. They are the ones who think Nazis are cool, Satanism is cool, and they think the Columbine killers are heroes. They listen to music by artists named after mass murders and serial killers. These kids dabble with evil and, in the process, the rest of the kids are profoundly frightened.

Many of us remember growing up under the cloud of thermal nuclear holocaust. It was only a decade ago that we knew that we could wake up any day, and the world could be gone in a flash of light and series of mushroom clouds. It was an abstract concept and happily no one in America was ever nuked, but still the reality hung over us every day.

Today, the concept of thermal nuclear holocaust is not even on the average American kid’s radar. Instead, they are growing up under the cloud of Jonesboro, Columbine, Oklahoma City, and the Twin Towers. It is real. It really happened. They watched it happen on their TVs. So now when they see kids in their school dabbling with evil, it scares the living daylights out of them.

Though we do not want our kids to be fearful, their fear of the evil kids is galvanizing and polarizing them into action. Gavin de Becker encourages us in Fear Less to become antiterrorists by relying on our own intuition and suspicions. He writes: "The nature of conspiracy is that the elements of planning and logistics happen out of view of each other. If you have an intuitive feeling that something you've observed might be relevant to a crime, even if you can't fully explain why you feel what you feel, any effective law-enforcement officer will want to hear about it." (de Becker, 2002)

This is exactly what the kids are doing. These good kids are going to grow up and clean house in this toxic culture of ours. Meanwhile, we have 10 to 20 bad years in front of us as we continue to clean out the garbage floating through our culture. Law enforcement and our kids are working hard, and they have already done more to prevent school violence than ever before. There is much more to do as there are many kids slipping through the cracks every day. It is really a microcosm of what is happening to our whole society.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Posted On:
    11/21/2014 3:15pm

Style: 5x5, 5.56mm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree it's hugely inflammatory, the detail of kids shooting kids in the face with shotguns and then comparing them to Nazis is fairly awful. This is blatantly his raw opinion and is highly unlikely to be peer reviewed.

It's pretty poor.
    "Won't fight me in the ring? Don't fight me on the street."
    Paraphrased from Bullshido.

"You can't judge Martial Arts until you feel the joy of kicking someone in the face and not go to prison for it."
    Mrs Kovacs.

Posted On:
    11/21/2014 4:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If this is the same guy i heard he made a claim that violence requires three things 1) removal of moral objections, 2) removal of discipline or ethical based objections and 3) removal of inhibition. The guy i was listening claimed video games and violent movies only affected item number 3. So blaming media alone was misleading but it was a component. He also talked about police and military training to remove inhibitions against violence but replacing inhibitions with specific discipline on when to use violence. I am paraphrasing and need to confirm if this is the same guy.

Posted On:
    11/21/2014 4:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Op,
    Why did this show up on your radar?

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    11/21/2014 4:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Op,
    Why did this show up on your radar?

I saw the video I posted in my first post and it raised some serious red flags.

Sent from my IPhone7+2CI
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    11/21/2014 9:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God damn it Cop Block wtf.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast