Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/12/2012 8:41pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbd View Post
    Either that, or I just fear confrontation.
    Or maybe you just fear the fear of fear itself... cuz fear is fearsome and shall be feared by all with the capacity to be fearers!!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    6/12/2012 8:46pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbd View Post
    Either that, or I just fear confrontation.
    Or could it be that you just want to fit in?

Posted On:
    6/12/2012 8:46pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Thunder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Go save yourself some time and read his post history. I swear the more intellectual you THINK you are, try to PROVE you are or KNOW you are the more pissed off you get at Devil.

It is actually quite funny to watch.
    It's a Kodak moment.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Posted On:
    6/12/2012 9:01pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Despite scoring high on the test, I doubt I have a personality disorder. I've worked on myself to overcome doubts as to what I can achieve. I am not a dreamer, I don't desire cars, houses or power in the traditional sense. I command respect, I don't need to demand it. I have built tools that I employ that smash through any self pity, self hatred. Yeah, you might see me have a whinge about something, but what you are witnessing is me using a sounding board, I hear myself whinging and smack that **** out of the park. Wallowing in grief is counter-productive and I've too long been a drain on my own productivity. I fear nothing because there is nothing to fear. People in general are weak and stupid. I will not pretend to be one of them. I am the example to follow and I will endeavour to be the best example I can be by living a good life.

If being a good example to follow is a personality disorder, then historically we have followed a shitload of whackos into wars, political arenas and spiritual pursuits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2012 9:20pm

Style: Western Boxing/Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think being a good example to follow is a personality disorder at all, nor does being a good leader make one a narcissist (unless those same traits are causing you undue subjective distress or functional impairement I guess). They'll be revamping the personality disorders quite extensively in DSM-V, and I am too lazy to go into it all at this time. Having worked with personality disordered patients on occasion, it sort of boils down (and keep in mind this is my "expert" clinical opinion and I'm just a graduate student who doesn't specialize in this area):

1) A pathological inability to interract effectively with others that is both severely debilitating and predictable in its pattern
    2) A lack of insight into the role that one plays in causing their own interpersonal problems

Some of the disorders have a little more to them than that perhaps (e.g. antisocial personality disorder and a tendency toward a lack of emotional arousal) but I think those two things highlight the observable behavior that makes something a "disordered" personality.

This isn't really a "psychodynamic" or "behavioral" view although it tends toward the behavioral. This is just what I've experienced.
    Last edited by lordbd; 6/12/2012 9:30pm at .

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/13/2012 12:16pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So Battlefields, I heard that Devil says that he's better than you. What do you think about that?

So Devil, I heard that Battlefields says that he's better than you. What do you think about that?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/13/2012 12:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    So Battlefields, I heard that Devil says that he's better than you. What do you think about that?

So Devil, I heard that Battlefields says that he's better than you. What do you think about that?
    I'm a numbers man and he outscored me. So he wins fair and square. I'm always gracious in defeat. It's another of my many admirable qualities.

Posted On:
    6/13/2012 5:13pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your humility in defeat is ingratiating to me, Devil. As for the rest of you, y'all better recognise battlefields as the most narcissistic poster on bullshido.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    6/14/2012 12:57am

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Devil is only offering you victory because of how incredibly modest he is, and you are only accepting it because of how outrageously courteous you are.

Its this vortex of mutual awesomeness that powers the moon in its never ending journey around the earth.

It is also your respective presence on opposite sides of the earth that is holding us all on the surface, instead of floating out into space.

For this we thank you

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/14/2012 7:37am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorami View Post
    Devil is only offering you victory because of how incredibly modest he is, and you are only accepting it because of how outrageously courteous you are.

Its this vortex of mutual awesomeness that powers the moon in its never ending journey around the earth.

It is also your respective presence on opposite sides of the earth that is holding us all on the surface, instead of floating out into space.

For this we thank you
    It's just a job. I'm no hero. I'm just doing what anyone else would do if they had my abilities.
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314 LastLast