Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2012 5:45pm

Style: Quanfa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I wouldn't. 3 years of bullshit? You know the saying, so I won't post it. You have at least one guaranteed, unless Pacquio retires, fight. Or you can chase another fight for another three years.
    You are arguing from a fan standpoint. I know which one would make more money and that is a non issue. I would love to see Manny vs Pacquio.

This is a hard numbers game now. This is one of the few times wrong math makes sense. Again, 3+0=0. Bradley vs. Pacquio made money. Three year later, I'm not including the 7 YEARS of Pacquio's run, Manny vs. Floyd has made zero dollars. I know which fight HAS already made money, has almost guaranteed potential to make more money, and potentially make a third purse.

I know which one has been scuttled for 3, I won't mention seven again, years with zero revenue.
    No I totally agree, hence the Arum complaint. But yes, I look at it as a standard boxing fan rather than a business man.

It really is a pity. I guess it's bad business for Manny and Floyd to meet in the ring... after all, when one of them loses, they suddenly lose access to the cash cow. Now I don't think that Manny is riding that, but Arum certainly is. As is Floyd. So I guess it was never going to happen.

At least in the UFC talent can't run from talent. Oh well...

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/10/2012 5:53pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I figured we were talking past each other. There is no way all three fights will make as much money as ONE Mayweather vs. Paquio fight.

I'd pay for that and I haven't purchased a PPV fight in at least 20 years.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2012 6:00pm

Style: BJJ/Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boxing really needs a change. There are too many great fights that we'll never see.....Manny v. Floyd; Vitali v. Wladimir. Ring magazine had to change their damn criteria for what it takes to be RING champion (really the most legit belt to have) just because almost all of their champion spots were vacant......because no one can seem to make a No.1 and No.2 contender face eachother.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2012 6:05pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, holy ****. Normally when people cry about a controversial decision and its a close fight where, even if you don't agree with the decision, you could at least see how someone might score it that way. The "worst judging ever" thing just comes from the usual narcissism of sports fans and internet dwellers who thinks anyone who disagrees with the way they see things is the worst person to ever exist.

But... damn. That really was a one sided fight in Pacquiao's favor. I honestly can't see any justification for giving Bradley more than four, maybe five, rounds. Definitely not a good night for boxing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2012 6:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yeah, I figured we were talking past each other. There is no way all three fights will make as much money as ONE Mayweather vs. Paquio fight.

I'd pay for that and I haven't purchased a PPV fight in at least 20 years.
    Ha, the last two I purchased were Fedor v Bigfoot (yeah, I wanted and expected Fedor to win) which I didn't see because the recording cut out as Fedor walked to the ring, and this one (where I was, quite obviously from my posts thus far) backing Manny. So I may never buy another PPV... I don't seem to have the luck!

Also, some fraudsters got hold of my information, and keep phoning me for fights I 'haven't paid for' from Primetime, which is sort of like finding out that the cherry on a particularly bad cake is actually a ball of **** painted red. I tell them to **** off, and if anybody else out there gets these phone calls, I suggest you do the same.

What we need is a benevolent dictatorship lead by a man who respects good fight sport. He could make all the right people fight each other when they should, offer it all for free on government run stations, and stop Steven Seagal making movies.

Viva la revolution.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2012 6:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battheo View Post
    and stop Steven Seagal making movies.
    Viva la revolution.
    I can't join your revolution, it is far to extreme for me. I used to love Seagal movies because of how awesome the fight scenes were. Then I loved them because one of them had DMX in it, and that was awesome. What you people don't understand is that he has secretly been making ironic comedies for the past 10 years.

Viva la Seagal (four-in-one special for $4.99 at the supermarket!)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2012 6:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbd View Post
    I can't join your revolution, it is far to extreme for me. I used to love Seagal movies because of how awesome the fight scenes were. Then I loved them because one of them had DMX in it, and that was awesome. What you people don't understand is that he has secretly been making ironic comedies for the past 10 years.

Viva la Seagal (four-in-one special for $4.99 at the supermarket!)
    Huh... never looked at it like that before... kind of worried now that Seagal's irony may be too subtle for me... definitely one of those soul searching moments.

$4.99... that's like £3, right? I'd probably buy 3 Seagal movies for that. As long as no one was offering me a beer or anything genuinely good for the same amount of money nearby.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2012 6:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are now enlightened.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/10/2012 10:26pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn did the fan outrage backlash scare boxing?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing-...gYpFpY9285nYcB

Promoter Bob Arum was still fuming about the split-decision verdict that went against Manny Pacquiao on Saturday and said there would be no rematch with Timothy Bradley unless Nevada attorney general Catherine Cortez Masto launches an investigation.

Bradley, a 4-1 underdog, upset Pacquiao in one of the most controversial outcomes in years to take the World Boxing Organization welterweight title.

All three judges scored it 115-113, with Duane Ford and C.J. Ross seeing it in favor of Bradley and Jerry Roth siding with Pacquiao.

The rematch that Bradley thought he would get may be on hold, at least for a while, however. Arum, whose company promotes both fighters, said his feeling that Pacquiao had won a wide decision had not changed a day later.
    Interesting. It could be a "deflect blame from me" hype job, but this might get good.
    LOL Bullshit. Judge Ford is saying he had it 4-2 and Manny only won one more round:
    "In pro boxing, you look for damage, and if the punches are equal and the damage is equal, you are looking for effective aggression, and that does not necessarily mean the guy going forward," Ford said. "Effective aggression can be a guy going back. And then you look at ring generalship, and that's all about control.
    ****, Ali fought going backwards this guy would have him losing 30% of his fights.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 6/10/2012 10:33pm at .

On hiatus

Posted On:
    6/11/2012 3:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So... Corruption or incompetence?

My first thought was corruption, cause otherwise , it would be stunningly incompetent. But, Iunno, maybe it just was. At least I don't see enough reason for Arum&co to tweak the judges.

Another Marquez rematch was hot after the last close match, Mayweather was turning around (after he saw the Marquez fight, I'm sure he reevaulated his chances). It's not like Bradley was the only possible up and coming challenger.

I just don't see enough motive for Arum to have fixed the judges. Maybe it was from another source, who knows.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast