Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/10/2012 11:33am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pac has lost half a step or so, but still clearly won the fight. The judges were still sore from criticism following the previous fight, I think, and bent over backward to be "fair" to the underdog.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    6/10/2012 11:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By Hextor. Watching modern boxing is like watching a corpse stink.

Posted On:
    6/10/2012 1:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: judo/jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm currently watching the fight. So far I have it 4 rounds for Pac-man and 1 round for Bradley after 5 rounds.

At work, I keep on getting interrupted during rounds by this damn technician. So I'm rewatching rounds to see if I missed anything. This may take awhile to score the fight properly

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2012 4:05pm

Style: Boxing/Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now all we can do is wait for Seth Mitchell to have his go at the Kiltschko's, at least heavyweights tend more toward knock-outs.

Posted On:
    6/10/2012 4:40pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just finished watching the fight and I scored it 116-112 for Pacquiao. Here is my scorecard:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    Pacquiao - 9 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 9 9 9 - 116
    Bradley - 10 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 10 10 10 - 112

Now the 1st, 2nd, and the 7th round are in red because they were arguably the closest rounds and really could be scored either way.

If you were to be favoring Pacquiao's aggresiveness and defense, it could have been 117-111 for Pac. in my book

I think you would really have to bending the judging criteria in favor of Bradley's ring generalship, but a judge could have scored it a 114-114 draw.
    Last edited by MdGeist; 6/10/2012 4:43pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/10/2012 4:46pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post

At the same time, you don't have to add *Spoilers* in a thread title. I mean, if a fight happened and you don't wanna know the outcome, then it's common sense not to read a thread about that fight.

Cheers
    I am going to disagree, we've been putting spoiler tags, for years, for the boneheads. Better to put *spoiler* in the thread title, since we do start fight threads early, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    Pac has lost half a step or so, but still clearly won the fight. The judges were still sore from criticism following the previous fight, I think, and bent over backward to be "fair" to the underdog.
    Yep. An interesting theory floated is now they have a potential three fight money maker. This did well and now Manny wants revenge. If that one goes well and he wins we get the tie breaker.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 6/10/2012 4:50pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2012 4:55pm

Style: Shaolin, Goshin Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bleacher report is running a poll as to who won the fight, when I looked, 1,744 people had responded. 95.8% said Pacquiao. Boxing Scene's running the same thing, out of 372 people, 86.02% are saying Pac. It was clear when watching it who the victor was.

But, on the very odd occasions that a fighter is unlucky with camera angles etc it can be misleading. So, here are the stats:

"According to Compubox, Bradley threw a total of 839 punches, while Pacquiao let loose 751 but the Filipino landed 253 (34 percent) and Bradley just got in 159 (19 percent).

In the power punches department, Pacquiao posted 493 and landed 190 for 39 percent, while Bradley registered 390 and landed only 108 for 28 percent.

Pacquiao also had the edge in the jabs department by connecting 63 out of 258 (24 percent) but Bradley threw more with 449 and got in only 51 (11 percent)."

Yes, none of those numbers are enormous, but that's down to Pac and Bradley's styles, both of which throw a lot and expect a fairly large margin of error. Nonetheless, these figures demonstrate Pacquiao's CLEAR dominance.

I find this depressing, because this isn't just a case of hard core boxing fans moaning. Boxing has taken a massively public super fight and just shown the entire world that it's either: a): judged by spastics who know less about the sport than a casual observer, or b): crooked as ****.

If it can't sort those two problems out, it should at least try to fucking disguise them...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2012 5:06pm

Style: Shaolin, Goshin Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I am going to disagree, we've been putting spoiler tags, for years, for the boneheads. Better to put *spoiler* in the thread title, since we do start fight threads early, just in case.

Yep. An interesting theory floated is now they have a potential three fight money maker. This did well and now Manny wants revenge. If that one goes well and he wins we get the tie breaker.
    But how would this compare with a Pacman / Money fight? It wouldn't raise anywhere near the cash, nor will it be as competitive. I think Bradley took the rounds he did because Pac knew he'd won on points and was resting on laurels (an unfortunate habit he's developed). And even then it was one sided in Pacs favour.

Mind you, I doubt Bob Arum gives a **** about that. Arsehole.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/10/2012 5:34pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battheo View Post
    But how would this compare with a Pacman / Money fight?
    I wouldn't compare the two. One exists, the other is hyperbole. 3 years of bullshit. You know the saying, so I won't post it. You have at least one guaranteed, unless Pacquio retires, fight. Or you can chase another fight for another three years.
    It wouldn't raise anywhere near the cash, nor will it be as competitive. I think Bradley took the rounds he did because Pac knew he'd won on points and was resting on laurels (an unfortunate habit he's developed). And even then it was one sided in Pacs favour.

Mind you, I doubt Bob Arum gives a **** about that. Arsehole.
    You are arguing from a fan standpoint. I know which one would make more money and that is a non issue. I would love to see Manny vs Pacquio.

This is a hard numbers game now. This is one of the few times wrong math makes sense. Again, 3+0=0. Bradley vs. Pacquio made money. Three years later, I'm not including the 7 YEARS of Pacquio's run, Manny vs. Floyd has made zero dollars. I know which fight HAS already made money, has almost guaranteed potential to make more money, and potentially make a third purse.

I know which one has been scuttled for 3, I won't mention seven again, years with zero revenue. They aren't getting any younger. Another three or four years and it will be Holyfield vs.Tyson. I enjoyed the fight, it made a ton of money, but I finished watching thinking "what if?"
    Last edited by It is Fake; 6/10/2012 5:39pm at .

Posted On:
    6/10/2012 5:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battheo View Post
    Bleacher report is running a poll as to who won the fight, when I looked, 1,744 people had responded. 95.8% said Pacquiao. Boxing Scene's running the same thing, out of 372 people, 86.02% are saying Pac. It was clear when watching it who the victor was.

But, on the very odd occasions that a fighter is unlucky with camera angles etc it can be misleading. So, here are the stats:

"According to Compubox, Bradley threw a total of 839 punches, while Pacquiao let loose 751 but the Filipino landed 253 (34 percent) and Bradley just got in 159 (19 percent).

In the power punches department, Pacquiao posted 493 and landed 190 for 39 percent, while Bradley registered 390 and landed only 108 for 28 percent.

Pacquiao also had the edge in the jabs department by connecting 63 out of 258 (24 percent) but Bradley threw more with 449 and got in only 51 (11 percent)."

Yes, none of those numbers are enormous, but that's down to Pac and Bradley's styles, both of which throw a lot and expect a fairly large margin of error. Nonetheless, these figures demonstrate Pacquiao's CLEAR dominance.

I find this depressing, because this isn't just a case of hard core boxing fans moaning. Boxing has taken a massively public super fight and just shown the entire world that it's either: a): judged by spastics who know less about the sport than a casual observer, or b): crooked as ****.

If it can't sort those two problems out, it should at least try to fucking disguise them...
    Wow, I didn't realize that there was that BIG of a disparity in the stats.... That is totally ridiculous. Almost sickening...

I watched the fight knowing that Bradley had already won, but I didn't read the play by play or look up any of the stats. because I wanted to be as unbiased and objective as possible. It was clear that Pacquiao had won by a narrow margin, but it was a solid narrow margin that didn't leave much room for Bradley to edge him on the cards.

Through rounds 3 through 9, Pacquiao found his rythm and set a pretty steady pace during that period of stalking Bradley and landing the straight left. He held his guard high but countered pretty well when Bradley would go the body. The only way you could give those rounds to Bradley were if you were to score the glancing jabs that he threw against Pac's guard and the occasional body shot that he got through.

Judges CJ Ross and Duane Ford are the ones to blame for this robbery. And yes, this is a robbery.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast