Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 7:28am

Style: Korean Capoiera

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    OK, bro, there's already been two threads about this video.

Kyuktooki is not a hybrid of Muay Thai and Taekwondo.

Not.

Not.

Not.
    Can you prove that please?
    SK.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 7:35am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you prove it is?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 8:56am

Style: Korean Capoiera

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I can't prove it is. The only info on the net that I can find states that KTK is Korean Kickboxing that includes elements of Muay Thai and Taekwon-do. Most sites I find that speak about KTK link it back to "taekwondo style" kicks then refers to the art as a "hybrid."

In fairness, I was never empahtic (or specific) about the origins of KTK and remain flexible on the subject.

However, DerAuslander108 was empahtic about its origins which is why I'm asking for proof of his position. The onus is on him to support his claims. If google "kyuk too ki taekwondo" you'll find plenty of sites calling KTK a hybrid of MT and TKD. Are they accurate? I doubt it. But what is the origin of the coupling of these two arts on these many websites?
    SK

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 9:01am

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnosis
    Taek won do is a style of martial art that relies heavily on kicks and submissions, but mostly the kicks are practiced at school that everyone goes to.
    Wow.. he said submissions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 9:06am

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by stillkicking
    No, I can't prove it is. The only info on the net that I can find states that KTK is Korean Kickboxing that includes elements of Muay Thai and Taekwon-do. Most sites I find that speak about KTK link it back to "taekwondo style" kicks then refers to the art as a "hybrid."

In fairness, I was never empahtic (or specific) about the origins of KTK and remain flexible on the subject.

However, DerAuslander108 was empahtic about its origins which is why I'm asking for proof of his position. The onus is on him to support his claims. If google "kyuk too ki taekwondo" you'll find plenty of sites calling KTK a hybrid of MT and TKD. Are they accurate? I doubt it. But what is the origin of the coupling of these two arts on these many websites?
    SK
    Ok.. You were probably looking at Micah Brock's Myspace, where he insists Japanese women love him and that KTK is Muay Thai/TKD. Both of them are wrong ok. I've seen KTK before and there is no TKD involved. You may have a fighter that busts out a couple of TKD kicks he used to do back in the day, but besides that it's Korea's version of Muay Thai. They have Thai writing on the shorts for crying out loud. No TKD involved!!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 3:49pm

Style: Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Grappling

Seriously, consider taking up grappling from a good judo, BJJ, or SAMBO school. No getting hit in the head over and over and lots of full contact action. It's what all the cool middle-aged people are doing.
    LOL, you wound me (middle aged). There is a guy in town who trains with Team Quest (The Natural's camp). Unfortunately he is not real interested in training in an organized fashion, so with my insane schedule it is hard to match up with him.

I have developed a good sprawl against the shoot (trained with BJJ people and some college wrestlers over the years) but I am sure those have some rust on them. I am not uncomfortable on the ground, but my technical tool chest is not particularly deep. I can hold a decent guard, but it is all defensive. So, if I can find a person who wants to train (teach), then I will take up the opportunity.

Anyway, I have derailed this thread enough. Thanks for the suggestion.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 7:27pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you prove that please?
    SK.
    I'm not going to bother.

I've already done so in at least 13 different threads.

How do search function?

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 8:53pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I can't prove it is.
    Thank you for contributing so much to the conversation.

The only info on the net that I can find states that KTK is Korean Kickboxing that includes elements of Muay Thai and Taekwon-do.
    Have you read any of the sites in Korean?

However, DerAuslander108 was empahtic about its origins which is why I'm asking for proof of his position. The onus is on him to support his claims.
    Done and done. Look it up.

If google "kyuk too ki taekwondo" you'll find plenty of sites calling KTK a hybrid of MT and TKD. Are they accurate? I doubt it.
    Google it in Korean.

But what is the origin of the coupling of these two arts on these many websites?
    Because people look at a Korean doing a kick and they think "Oh, Taekwondo!" Because Taekwondo nutriders want to think that because a Korean dude fights a Muay Thai dude and actually wins, their crap ass training is validated.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314