Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/25/2013 7:06am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedspirit View Post
    i think this is great, it helps spread the awareness of kung fu to the MMA community!
    Raise awareness...community...

You mean like for disabled veterans...or North Korean refugees...or something charity cause?

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    6/25/2013 8:34am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    Raise awareness...community...

You mean like for disabled veterans...or North Korean refugees...or something charity cause?
    won't someone think of the children!

tangental note (about thinking of the children) i met my cousin's 6 year old son who is studying wing chun, and he told me the origin story about the nun teaching the young girl to fight, to which i replied "yeah it's a nice story and good marketing, but i don't think it's true." he got pretty pissed off at me, good thing for me that stuff he's training doesn't make him dangerous.

that's the kind of awareness spreading that kung fu needs, spreading awareness of what's bullshit, and what's real. tbh, roy being cryptic about how his kung fu helps him, and doing demos in dress uniform isn't going to help at all, and will probably encourage more youth into silk pajama bullshit.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    6/25/2013 11:38am

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The flowery-ness of Roy's pajamas is finely balanced by the ferocity of his knockouts.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12