Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Style
    Hapkido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Looking for a Kung Fu School In the Baton Rouge, La. Area

Hi i am Donnie and new to this sight so hello to all. I am 52 years old and looking to get back into Martial arts. My extent of MA training was in the Navy where my chief was a Hapkidoist from Korea who taught a few of the guys a few things. when i got out of the Navy I was a deputy sheriff and again learn from one guy who studied Kung fu localy and another who studied Hapkido localy. What i'm looking for is a traditional Martial art rich in history and philosphy and is well ballanced with good technices, that will not only promote good health but good self defence. As I said i'm from the Baton Rouge area and the schools i have narrowed it down to is the White Crane Studio In Baton Rouge, La. run by sifu Lou Illar. TheZHUANG’S TAICHI & KUNGFU ACADEMY run by Master Yajun “Thomas” Zhuang also in Baton Rouge, La.and Kimms Institute of Self Defence (Hanmudo) ran by Dr, He young Kimm. I read some old threads here on Dr. Kimm on his Legitimacy as a weapons instructor which scares me a little to be frank. you spend your hard earned money and you expect a quality product. Was that issue with Dr Kimm setteled for what i read i saw no evidence produce to justify such alligations. So I guess i will now ask the experts in the matter which school above will better suit my needs as well as the integrety and knowledge of the instructors listed. Also Sifu Lou Illar teaches Tibetian White Crane Kung fu and Master Yajun "Thomas" Zhuang teaches Tai chi and Shaolin Wushu can someone please tell me the difference between the two. I must say as I started looking into Kung fu it got very confussing to say the least Wushu vs Kung fu, Northern vs Southern Chi vs Qi Qong some styles have more hand strikes some more kicks some more joint locks and grappling and the list goes on and on. All Im looking for is a well ballanced Traditional Martial Art that will incorperate all these things. Let me stress this again i'm 52 years old i'm not looking to take a MA and get a quick fix i'm looking top Study in depth a Martial art.

Style
    Hapkido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Looking for a good Traditional Martial Art School in the Baton Rouge Area.

Hi i am Donnie and new to this sight so hello to all. I am 52 years old and looking to get back into Martial arts. My extent of MA training was in the Navy where my chief was a Hapkidoist from Korea who taught a few of the guys a few things. when i got out of the Navy I was a deputy sheriff and again learn from one guy who studied Kung fu localy and another who studied Hapkido localy. What i'm looking for is a traditional Martial art rich in history and philosphy and is well ballanced with good technices, that will not only promote good health but good self defence. As I said i'm from the Baton Rouge area and the schools i have narrowed it down to is the White Crane Studio In Baton Rouge, La. run by sifu Lou Illar. TheZHUANG’S TAICHI & KUNGFU ACADEMY run by Master Yajun “Thomas” Zhuang also in Baton Rouge, La. and Kimms Institute of Self Defence (Hanmudo) ran by Dr, He young Kimm. I read some old threads here on Dr. Kimm on his Legitimacy as a weapons instructor which scares me a little to be frank. you spend your hard earned money and you expect a quality product. Was that issue with Dr Kimm setteled for what i read i saw no evidence produce to justify such alligations. So I guess i will now ask the experts in the matter which school above will better suit my needs as well as the integrety and knowledge of the instructors listed. Also Sifu Lou Illar teaches Tibetian White Crane Kung fu and Master Yajun "Thomas" Zhuang teaches Tai chi and Shaolin Wushu can someone please tell me the difference between the two. I must say as I started looking into Kung fu it got very confussing to say the least Wushu vs Kung fu, Northern vs Southern Chi vs Qi Qong some styles have more hand strikes some more kicks some more joint locks and grappling and the list goes on and on. All Im looking for is a well ballanced Traditional Martial Art that will incorperate all these things. Let me stress this again i'm 52 years old i'm not looking to take a MA and get a quick fix i'm looking top Study in depth a Martial art. Any sugestions would be very helpful. Thanks.

Style
    Weight Training
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey mate welcome to the site. How is life in Baton Rouge, La?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Style
    Hapkido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hot and Raining lately LOL but other than that all is good. Thanks for asking and the welcome.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido.

Style
    Hapkido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank You humm guess i'll have to wait a little longer to get some answers to my questions LOL. I'm a patent man.

Style
    Hapkido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to ammend a statement i made earlier. First About Dr. Kimm I grew up in Baton Rouge,La. and he has been a main stay in the Baton Rouge area for decades, along with Lou Illar of the white crane Studio. I know some of thier students and i have met and talked with both men in depth and find them very honorable men and very knowledgable of thier respected arts. I said that i found it scary to hear the claims of Dr Kimm without any evidence to the claims, which I do becuase character assasination is a very serious thing. As I read through out the night many threads about Dr. He-Young Kimm only one thread questioned his legitamcey. All others found him as I do a very honorable man with many great accomplishments in his personal and Martial Arts Life. I am very much concidering Dr Kimms school as my place of study as I am with Sifu Illars White Crane Studio as well. I just need to figure out which is right for me ,this is why we do research lol. The Tai Chi Kung-fu acadamy is fairly new in the Baton Rouge Area but the sifu there Master Yajun “Thomas” Zhuang seems to be well respected and very acomplished in Tai-Chi and Shaolin Kung fu or Wushu again don't know the difference between Kung Fu Vs. Wushu reserch seems to have failed here LOL kung fu means hard work wushu means Martial Art, but wushu is a sport or demonstration sport where defencive skills and power is missing and kung fu develops these skills se my delima lol. when it comes to Chinese MA styles you need a GPS to navigate through them. So here it is again what is the difference between Wushu and Kung fu between White Crane and Shaolin Lol and then ofcourse difference between Tibeten White Crane and Fujian White Crane, between Tai chi and Qi Qong. The chinese Martial arts have intrigued me for years and maybe thats the catch they don't realy mis lead you they just keep you reserching. As for Hanmudo It seems like a very comprehensive and very technique ballanced MA that incorperates philosphy, history, spritual well being and probably more Ki exercise's than your normal MA and maybe very close to the Kung fu concept but, who am i to say thats why i'm here lol to get more answers. There is an old saying "There are no answers just the search". Well at 52 my search has begun I believe it's never to late for anything. I want to say thanks for the kind welcome and i'm looking forward to being life long memeber in good standing. May God Bless you all.

Style
    Hapkido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

looking for a good Kung fu school in the Baton Rouge,La. Area

Hi i am Donnie and new to this sight so hello to all. I am 52 years old and looking to get back into Martial arts. My extent of MA training was in the Navy where my chief was a Hapkidoist from Korea who taught a few of the guys a few things. when i got out of the Navy I was a deputy sheriff and again learn from one guy who studied Kung fu localy and another who studied Hapkido localy. What i'm looking for is a traditional Martial art rich in history and philosphy and is well ballanced with good technices, that will not only promote good health but good self defence. As I said i'm from the Baton Rouge area and the schools i have narrowed it down to is the White Crane Studio In Baton Rouge, La. run by sifu Lou Illar. TheZHUANG’S TAICHI & KUNGFU ACADEMY run by Master Yajun “Thomas” Zhuang also in Baton Rouge, La.and Kimms Institute of Self Defence (Hanmudo) ran by Dr, He young Kimm. I read some old threads here on Dr. Kimm on his Legitimacy as a weapons instructor which scares me a little to be frank. you spend your hard earned money and you expect a quality product. Was that issue with Dr Kimm setteled for what i read i saw no evidence produce to justify such alligations. So I guess i will now ask the experts in the matter which school above will better suit my needs as well as the integrety and knowledge of the instructors listed. Also Sifu Lou Illar teaches Tibetian White Crane Kung fu and Master Yajun "Thomas" Zhuang teaches Tai chi and Shaolin Wushu can someone please tell me the difference between the two. I must say as I started looking into Kung fu it got very confussing to say the least Wushu vs Kung fu, Northern vs Southern Chi vs Qi Qong some styles have more hand strikes some more kicks some more joint locks and grappling and the list goes on and on. All Im looking for is a well ballanced Traditional Martial Art that will incorperate all these things. Let me stress this again i'm 52 years old i'm not looking to take a MA and get a quick fix i'm looking top Study in depth a Martial art.

Style
    Hapkido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to ammend a statement i made earlier. First About Dr. Kimm I grew up in Baton Rouge,La. and he has been a main stay in the Baton Rouge area for decades, along with Lou Illar of the white crane Studio. I know some of thier students and i have met and talked with both men in depth and find them very honorable men and very knowledgable of thier respected arts. I said that i found it scary to hear the claims of Dr Kimm without any evidence to the claims, which I do becuase character assasination is a very serious thing. As I read through out the night many threads about Dr. He-Young Kimm only one thread questioned his legitamcey. All others found him as I do a very honorable man with many great accomplishments in his personal and Martial Arts Life. I am very much concidering Dr Kimms school as my place of study as I am with Sifu Illars White Crane Studio as well. I just need to figure out which is right for me ,this is why we do research lol. The Tai Chi Kung-fu acadamy is fairly new in the Baton Rouge Area but the sifu there Master Yajun “Thomas” Zhuang seems to be well respected and very acomplished in Tai-Chi and Shaolin Kung fu or Wushu again don't know the difference between Kung Fu Vs. Wushu reserch seems to have failed here LOL kung fu means hard work wushu means Martial Art, but wushu is a sport or demonstration sport where defencive skills and power is missing and kung fu develops these skills se my delima lol. when it comes to Chinese MA styles you need a GPS to navigate through them. So here it is again what is the difference between Wushu and Kung fu between White Crane and Shaolin Lol and then ofcourse difference between Tibeten White Crane and Fujian White Crane, between Tai chi and Qi Qong. The chinese Martial arts have intrigued me for years and maybe thats the catch they don't realy mis lead you they just keep you reserching. As for Hanmudo It seems like a very comprehensive and very technique ballanced MA that incorperates philosphy, history, spritual well being and probably more Ki exercise's than your normal MA and maybe very close to the Kung fu concept but, who am i to say thats why i'm here lol to get more answers. There is an old saying "There are no answers just the search". Well at 52 my search has begun I believe it's never to late for anything. I want to say thanks for the kind welcome and i'm looking forward to being life long memeber in good standing. May God Bless you all.

Style
    Hapkido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Looking for a good Traditional MA school in the Baton Rouge Area.

Hi i am Donnie and new to this sight so hello to all. I am 52 years old and looking to get back into Martial arts. My extent of MA training was in the Navy where my chief was a Hapkidoist from Korea who taught a few of the guys a few things. when i got out of the Navy I was a deputy sheriff and again learn from one guy who studied Kung fu localy and another who studied Hapkido localy. What i'm looking for is a traditional Martial art rich in history and philosphy and is well ballanced with good technices, that will not only promote good health but good self defence. As I said i'm from the Baton Rouge area and the schools i have narrowed it down to is the White Crane Studio In Baton Rouge, La. run by sifu Lou Illar. TheZHUANG’S TAICHI & KUNGFU ACADEMY run by Master Yajun “Thomas” Zhuang also in Baton Rouge, La. and Kimms Institute of Self Defence (Hanmudo) ran by Dr, He young Kimm. I read some old threads here on Dr. Kimm on his Legitimacy as a weapons instructor which scares me a little to be frank. you spend your hard earned money and you expect a quality product. Was that issue with Dr Kimm setteled for what i read i saw no evidence produce to justify such alligations. So I guess i will now ask the experts in the matter which school above will better suit my needs as well as the integrety and knowledge of the instructors listed. Also Sifu Lou Illar teaches Tibetian White Crane Kung fu and Master Yajun "Thomas" Zhuang teaches Tai chi and Shaolin Wushu can someone please tell me the difference between the two. I must say as I started looking into Kung fu it got very confussing to say the least Wushu vs Kung fu, Northern vs Southern Chi vs Qi Qong some styles have more hand strikes some more kicks some more joint locks and grappling and the list goes on and on. All Im looking for is a well ballanced Traditional Martial Art that will incorperate all these things. Let me stress this again i'm 52 years old i'm not looking to take a MA and get a quick fix i'm looking top Study in depth a Martial art. Any sugestions would be very helpful. Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last