Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last

Style
    911/ Nike Fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Cant decide between Kun Khmer, Krav Maga and Bujinkan ( I know!)

Hey my first thread not likely to have me pummeled!

I am looking to traing in one of the three MAs mentioned above, and I'm having trouble choosing one. (PS all the schools are excellent, according to many threads already posted, I'll look at a class when I have my final decision)

Well here are the pros and cons of each as I see it.

Kun Khmer (Angkor gym): Basically MT, and while many see the heavy emphasis on competition as impractical, I think the heavy sparring develops excellent timing, anticipation, reflexes and fight smarts. However, the lack of any grappling or groundfighting probably means it would be better combined with another MA

KM (Adam White, registered IKMF instructor): KM has the best emphasis on street fighting and excellent self defense skills, as well as planning for impractical solutions et al. Also its fighting philosophy of neutralising the threat ASAP with any means possible is excellent. Also, (and im only using human weapon the tv show as a basis for this) it is a a watered down combo of whatever works from Muay Thai, Many forms of Karate and Jiu Jitsu (including BJJ) and many others. But I have doubts about its abilty against experienced fighters like MT-ists. This is specially relevant at my school, where a number of the more violent, fight prone footy players are taking MT.

Bujnkan Budo Taijutsu (I know how you feel ok:) with a registered Bujinkan instructor (Peter Meden): In theory, it is a lot looser than many TMA's, It combines virtually every Japanese martial art ( dont pounce on that comment, you know what I mean) and the techniques cover all aspects of fighting from grappling, to throws and striking. As with Krav Maga, many security personell and law enforcement and secret service personell train in taijutsu (sorry about the grammar lol) so its credentials are ok. However, your wariness of this art is understandable, as i am not sure about how much (if any sparring they do, but the school near me contains many senior students so im sure they do)

THanks for reading such a long winded post. Of the two of these, I am leaning more towards KM and Taijutsu, with Kun Khmer as a last resort.

Style
    bjj/judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kun Khmer, but try them all, if they don't spar on a regular basis you probally won't be able to do it outside of the school. Competition is a good thing as pressure testing your techniques against resisting and competent opponents is the best form of quality control.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style! staff
    Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by iPaTMAN View Post

I am looking to traing in one of the three MAs mentioned above, and I'm having trouble choosing one. (PS all the schools are excellent, according to many threads already posted, I'll look at a class when I have my final decision)

Kun Khmer (Angkor gym): Basically MT, and while many see the heavy emphasis on competition as impractical, I think the heavy sparring develops excellent timing, anticipation, reflexes and fight smarts. However, the lack of any grappling or groundfighting probably means it would be better combined with another MA
    Your best option of the 3.

KM (Adam White, registered IKMF instructor): KM has the best emphasis on street fighting and excellent self defense skills, as well as planning for impractical solutions et al. Also its fighting philosophy of neutralising the threat ASAP with any means possible is excellent. Also, (and im only using human weapon the tv show as a basis for this) it is a a watered down combo of whatever works from Muay Thai, Many forms of Karate and Jiu Jitsu (including BJJ) and many others. But I have doubts about its abilty against experienced fighters like MT-ists. This is specially relevant at my school, where a number of the more violent, fight prone footy players are taking MT.
    Never, EVER, base a decision on anything you saw on human weapon. That show was a travesty.

Bujnkan Budo Taijutsu (I know how you feel ok:) with a registered Bujinkan instructor (Peter Meden): In theory, it is a lot looser than many TMA's, It combines virtually every Japanese martial art ( dont pounce on that comment, you know what I mean) and the techniques cover all aspects of fighting from grappling, to throws and striking. As with Krav Maga, many security personell and law enforcement and secret service personell train in taijutsu (sorry about the grammar lol) so its credentials are ok. However, your wariness of this art is understandable, as i am not sure about how much (if any sparring they do, but the school near me contains many senior students so im sure they do)

THanks for reading such a long winded post. Of the two of these, I am leaning more towards KM and Taijutsu, with Kun Khmer as a last resort.
    The fact that LEO's take it isn't a credential at all. There are as many deluded LEO's as other people. The difference they carry guns. That beats all MA's.

Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do Judo!

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer. Join us... or die

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido.

Do the Khmer boxing thing. Forget the ninjer bullshit.

Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why don't you tell us where you're located and somebody can make a more informed recommendation. There might be something better in the area than the three you've listed, even if that's the only three you're interested in.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kun Khmer sounds interesting. Go train in that and do post about your experiences, it would be an asset to the board.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and if "doesn't have grappling" is a major concern for you skipping Kun Khmer as a possible choice, don't worry - the grappling in KM and Budo Taijitsu isn't really very good as it isn't their main focus.

Style
    Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Khun Khmer is just the new name of Pradal Serey.
    Pradal Serey = Cambodian Muay Thai with headbutts.

Do Khun Khmer
    [/thread]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by iPaTMAN View Post

do this

the human weapon was a terrible show. KM is for the most part BS. If you want to not get a hiding from the rugby boys your best bet is to join their MT gym, i used to train with the captain of our schools first 15, and nobody fucked with me.

if there was a way to reach through the internet and slap someone with your nuts i would do it right now. shame on you. ninjerness is BULLSHIT. dont go down that pathway.

youre a fuckwit if you choose ninjer larping or the rbsd **** (it doesnt count as heckling in newbietown because its just an indication of what he COULD be based on choices he has yet to make)

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last