Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 8:34am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

4th Annual US Open National Hanmadang

The USTC is once again excited to present the US Open National Hanmadang on July 13 & 14, 2012 at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The Hanamdang is a Forms/Breaking tournament only. Participants can compete in individual traditional, creative and weapons forms. There are also divisions for group & family forms. Not to mention Team Demo forms where the winning team will score a $1000.00 award with the 2nd place winning $500 and 3rd place scoring $250. Plus there are various divisions for breaking as well.

In the past three years we have seen this event grow in a positive direction and it is our hope that we will see another year of increased numbers of participants and spectators. For those interested please visit the link http://usopentkd.homestead.com/. From there you can view the rules and other information and register. Hope to see some of you there.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/12/2012 10:38am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Weapons?

WEAPONS?!?

When did this happen?!?

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    6/12/2012 11:03am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Weapons?

WEAPONS?!?

When did this happen?!?
    They have had a weapons division from the get go. The first year there was hardly any participants, but the second and third year there was a gradual increase in the black belt divisions. I believe this year we will see a bigger participation level in the black belt divisions and a slight growth in the non-black belt divisions.

The only thing I do not like is that it is creative weapons division only which means you need to include 2 front kicks, 2 round kicks and 2 side kicks in the form. I would like to see them do a traditional weapons division as well, but it is what it is.

I have done the kumdo forms for the past 2 years. This year I am trying to create a drunken straight sword form for the fun of it. :)
    Jeremy M. Talbott

"Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Posted On:
    6/13/2012 3:56pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So this isn't WTF sponsored then.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    6/14/2012 7:52am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So this isn't WTF sponsored then.
    No..no. Even the World Hanmadang held in Korea is KKW sponsored. WTF has nothing to do with it. The WTF sanction the World Poomsae compeititon.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Posted On:
    6/14/2012 7:55am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Taekwondo with weapons...

DISLIKE.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    6/14/2012 8:07am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Taekwondo with weapons...

DISLIKE.
    You have to understand the Hanmadang to know that it is just not TKD with weapons. The division is not putting on your TKD uniform and doing a weapon, though there will be some people who do just that. I personally will be performing either drunken sword or one of my kumdo forms.

There is a separate Traditional TKD form division (Traditional as in Taeguk only forms) as well as breaking divisions. It is actually a lot of fun and less animosity in the air like you get at the fighting events. You should come out sometime. I'll even buy you your first round. :)
    Last edited by Miguksaram; 6/14/2012 8:11am at .
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Posted On:
    6/14/2012 8:09am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguksaram View Post
    You have to understand the Hanmadang to know that it is just not TKD with weapons. The division is not putting on your TKD uniform and doing a weapon, though there will be some people who do just that. I personally will be performing either drunken sword or one of my kumdo forms.

There is a separate Traditional TKD form division (Traditional as in Taeguk only forms) as well as breaking divisions. It is actually a lot of fun and less animosity in the air like you get at the fighting events. You should come out sometime. :)
    How can it be a TKD hanmadang if you're doing a geomdo form?

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    6/14/2012 12:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How can it be a TKD hanmadang if you're doing a geomdo form?
    It is actually just called Hanmadang. A basic interpretation of hanmadang means large community spirit or large community working as one. So while the main focus of the "traditional forms" division is based in KKW TKD, the other divisions are open to all arts. There are breaking divisions, self defense divisions, weapons divisions, and team divisions. TKD does not have an exclusive on the world 'hanmadang'. In S.Korea there is is an art hanmadang in Gwacheon.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!