Sponsored Links Spacer Image

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    6/06/2012 2:40pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FranzZdyb View Post
    He countered my seoi nage in the same way like 4 times, and you might say "Well then you weren't paying enough attention", but committing to improving some mistake, and actually overpowering muscle memory and figuring out how to it correctly instead, are two different things. I'm asking for help with the second one.
    I'm a big guy, and I love nothing more then for someone to throw Seoi at me, it's easy to drop my weight, and counter. If a throw isn't working, stop throwing it.

Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over, and expecting different results.

If your coach is telling you to get better, then get better. Go to class, train, journal what you covered every class, grab some rubber tube, tie it to a post, and practice your turns at home at night. It's work, and it's hard work. But you'll get out of the slump.
    I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2012 2:53pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good stuff, thanks for all the advice.

That blog is great.

I'm not afraid of losing, not even losing almost all time. But when I lose 100% percent of the time, something is wrong. I used to throw the black belt sometimes, whether I actually caught them off guard/it was a fluke/the let me throw them.
    I will now work on every part of my judo, review everything, work on it all.

Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over, and expecting different results.

If your coach is telling you to get better, then get better. Go to class, train, journal what you covered every class, grab some rubber tube, tie it to a post, and practice your turns at home at night. It's work, and it's hard work. But you'll get out of the slump.
    Yes, I eventually switched to other throws.

The journal thing is great idea. I already do uchi-komis with rubber tube (old bicycle tubes), it's good.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 2:30am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What everyone else said. Just keep putting in time and accept losing as learning. Lighter people won't work with you because they get hurt? Then stop hurting them.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 4:40am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reading between the lines tells me you're spazzing out every randori and either injuring your partners or gassing out. Stop doing that.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 7:55am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you think you can "win" randori, you've missed the point.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 8:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ignatzami View Post
    I'm a big guy, and I love nothing more then for someone to throw Seoi at me, it's easy to drop my weight, and counter. If a throw isn't working, stop throwing it.

l

THIS!!! (And uchikomis untill your body does the right things.) Another thing is to take your falls, get back up and take some more. Falls are good! Randori is the time to take the risks of attacking because you're practicing Judo. Use this time to practice Judo and don't just spaz out and muscle the **** out of everyone. This is likely how you keep hurting your practice partners.

(I should have just wrote "wut they said")

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 2:49pm

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey man my heart goes out to you lol.

The only thing I can tell you is that you ain't alone in this, and that things will get better with practice.

Welcome to the always getting dumped on your ass (if you're lucky) club. I'm in your exact spot and rank, only recently have I started to throw anybody at all with OKAY technique. (I realize the club's name is a little long, maybe I don't have the name down yet)

What got things going for me (a tiny bit) is that I chose a throw that suits my body type and just drilled it like mad. Maybe stop doing Seoi Nage and try Uchimata if you're tall. But you should ask your coach before taking my advice.

Hang in there mate it gets better I promise.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2012 3:05pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just wanted to give a little update;

I got over it, and focused on the training. The blog "The difficult way" has some great articles that helped, especially the one about tsurikomi. I scored a perfect ippon last training against the guy who I couldn't touch before, I have a more solid base, even the black belts are having a challenge getting hold of me.

So yeah, thanks for the tough love, etc. I fully expect other tough periods/ lower points to come, but right now it's time for evolving rapidly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2012 3:23pm

Style: DocePares/MMA(YawYan)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FranzZdyb View Post
    Just wanted to give a little update;

I got over it, and focused on the training. The blog "The difficult way" has some great articles that helped, especially the one about tsurikomi. I scored a perfect ippon last training against the guy who I couldn't touch before, I have a more solid base, even the black belts are having a challenge getting hold of me.

So yeah, thanks for the tough love, etc. I fully expect other tough periods/ lower points to come, but right now it's time for evolving rapidly.
    Inspiring stuff. Very well done sir.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2012 3:52pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For what it's worth,,,

I vlunteer to be thrown. I don't care, brown belt, white belt, black belt, it doesn't matter. An old Judoka told me, "you're still learing." I guess he thought I was frustrated being uke everytime.

There's been nights where everything was perfect, timing, kuzushi, everything, and many more nights where everything just goes to pot.

Are you learning? Are you enjoying yourself? Those are the most important questions. Are you trying to "win" in Randori? ah,,,,, then you're full of pride. Take the fall, take the throw, learn from it, no one cares! You didn't lose and you're not worse for it.

Besides,,, you're what a yellow belt? What do you know? Osoto Gari? No offense, but you're no whedre near learning that single techingue.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast