Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    9/23/2012 7:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ibuprofen 200 mg, 400 mg, or 800 mg?

Because if you regularly take 400 mg or 800 mg in higher doses, you are risking your health.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/10...-longterm-use/

Now, livestrong is not the best resource out there, but I am sure that if you check more sophisticated pages like this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed

You will find that the above assessments are true.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2012 7:51pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kidney failure from steroids? Got any proof? Kidney failure might be linked to diuretics but I've never seen any link to steroid use.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 4:03am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RhinoUP View Post
    Kidney failure from steroids?
    I didn't write that. ;) In fact, AFAIK, there are people who see a connection between steroid use and kidney diseases, but I was referring to the high-protein diet culture that we have among hobby athletes."Kidney failure" might be a bit exaggerated, but kidney stones are no fun, either. Feel free to do your own research.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 6:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ive done tons of research on steroid use. Studied it for over a year while deciding on whether or not to go on trt. I could not find one single case of steroids being the culprit for major health issues..even among bodybuilders. Granted bbers and pro wrestlers have some major health issues, but in most cases it was diuretics or the crazy drug induced lifestyle many of them lead. Trt with regular bloodwork and under a doctor's care...i cant find anything. Believe me..I'm looking.

As far as high protein linked to kidney stones...i'll look into it, but many people get kidney stones without a high protein diet, so it's going to be difficult to make that link as well.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 7:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why was TRT a "decision" for you? Not trying to put you in a corner, just asking.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 3:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    Why was TRT a "decision" for you? Not trying to put you in a corner, just asking.
    It's all good bro...trt is something that you have to be on for life. When i was diagnosed as having low t, i obviously researched it and got a second opinion before going on.

Low t will not kill you..you can live with it. The health risks of low t arent terrible. The quality of life however is a different story.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    10/13/2012 5:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not directly related to doping in MMA, but an interesting source of information:

http://cyclinginvestigation.usada.org/

The report of the investigation the USADA undertook against Lance Armstrong.

Posted On:
    10/15/2012 6:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jake Shields win at UFC 150 now ruled a no-contest!

The Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies’ boxing commission confirms a six-month suspension for Jake Shields, who announced this past Friday that he tested positive for a banned substance.

Jake Shields defeated Ed Herman at UFC 150 on Aug. 11, 2012 in his return to the middleweight division. His win has now been changed to a no-contest and Shields was fined $5000 for violating Colorado statutes on prohibited substances. He also is suspended for six months retroactive to Aug. 11, 2012.

“This was a mistake that I fully regret,” Shields said in a prepared statement this past week. “I have shared this issue with my family and the UFC, and I have apologized to them, and now I also apologize to you, the fans. I promise this will never occur again in my fighting career.

“I accept the boxing commission’s decision for a six-month suspension, which will expire in February. I ask that you accept my apology. I will be back fighting soon, and hope that the fans of MMA will support me until that time.”
    from http://www.bjpenn.com/jake-shields-v...test-ufc-news/

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    10/15/2012 7:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks a lot! :)

Notably, neither Shields nor the Colorado commission have disclosed the substance that Shields was caught for so far. Let's see what the next few days bring in that respect...

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    10/16/2012 9:44am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Nelson
    We're always trying to create new boundaries and new lines, that's why we're going to be the first heavyweights to do VADA.

Now that we're in the business aspect and we're in the fight business, it's a dog-eat-dog world and now that my wife is pregnant - now you're taking money from my kid. Now it's a business aspect and I just want everyone to be level. Either I can juice, or you can make everybody not juice. It's either one or the other. I don't care really which it is. I just need to know what the rules are so I can play by the rules and make everybody level.

What he said. I agree.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast