Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2012 1:14am

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbd View Post
    I work and train pretty hard so I'm not a stranger to willpower. I'm just trying to fit this new training into my life. I get your point though Cullion and will give your advice some thought.
    You could just join my new Hairy Palm Group. Both drinking and sexual activity are not only encouraged, but mandatory.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2012 6:08am

Style: Boxing/Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like it. My hands will be like steel wool.

Posted On:
    6/06/2012 9:00pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I first made my account here on the forums back in 2007 I was just at the very end of my CMA career and doing some Iron Palm training. I actually kind of liked it, too. It almost felt like my hands were getting a nice massage as they felt loose and relaxed after training. Now I kind of wouldn't mind getting back into it, but by now my bag filled with rice and all of my Jow have been disposed of by the spousal unit.

Anybody got any recommendations on how to start back up? I wouldn't mind trying out somebody else's program. I have no issues abstaining from alcohol and I'm open to trying new methods. I don't know anybody that makes Jow any more, so does anybody have a pre-made Jow recommendation I can find online?
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2012 10:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am doing Dale Dugas' basic training. I have had your same experience: like a pulsing massage feeling. Check out his website coilingdragon.com. He sells canvas bags jow herbs training Dvds you name it.

Posted On:
    6/06/2012 11:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Checking it out now, thanks!

I think I can get a bag put together for free. Just got to ask my father-in-law to put one together. He's a great canvas worker. I'll definitely need Jow, though. My old hook-up for it is waaaay out of contact, now!
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2012 11:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I cant claim to know much about Chinese medicine but sifu dugas' jow smells good, he has a degree in acupuncture, and he is well respected here on bullshido.

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 1:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trust Mr. Dugas. I'll probably grab an herb pack from him in a week or so. Financial problems. Already have the bag out of the way, though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2012 8:27am

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Goodbye Booze

I've made the decision to swear off alcohol for the next 100days of iron palm training. Maybe it'll help me to lose a couple of pounds too.

I just want to say goodbye to a good friend of mine

I'll see you again in 3-ish months old pal.

Posted On:
    6/10/2012 2:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I salute you for your taste in beer, lordbd. I've never tried that one, but I'm a big dark beer drinker. Lots of Left Hand Milk Stout, Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout, Guinness Foreign Extra, and plenty of others. I'll have to stop soon, too. But it's going to take a while before I have everything I need squared away, so I have a couple of weeks at least.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2012 2:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IMightBeWrong View Post
    I salute you for your taste in beer, lordbd. I've never tried that one, but I'm a big dark beer drinker. Lots of Left Hand Milk Stout, Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout, Guinness Foreign Extra, and plenty of others. I'll have to stop soon, too. But it's going to take a while before I have everything I need squared away, so I have a couple of weeks at least.
    I love old Rasputin too. I've happily made the transition from drinking for quantity (e.g. Natural Ice, Pabst Blue Ribbon) like a college kid, to quality drinking (nothing quite like a black-as-night 8$ brew with dinner). If you have a total wine co. or equivalent beer vendor out there in AZ, Southern Tier has a hell of a lot of good brews. Better sip them while you can!

I'm assuming that the iron palm system that you practiced previously also recommended abstaining?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast