Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/21/2012 10:23pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So the AR would be a 'spike"? I take it the rest are standard semi-auto pistols which would be legal.

tomarrow I'll look up the assault weapons act in ct which has certain criteria. Too many of certain features = prohibited assault weapon.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    6/23/2012 11:18am

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes it looks like your standard M4 with rails. The lower receiver is manufactured by Spike's tactical. Rest of it is hodge-podge.
    I guess if it was a colt lower it wouldn't be kosher? confusing!!
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Posted On:
    6/23/2012 9:19pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sec. 53-202a. Assault weapons: Definition. (a) As used in this section and sections 53-202b to 53-202k, inclusive, "assault weapon" means:

(1) Any selective-fire firearm capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or burst fire at the option of the user or any of the following specified semiautomatic firearms: Algimec Agmi; Armalite AR-180; Australian Automatic Arms SAP Pistol; Auto-Ordnance Thompson type; Avtomat Kalashnikov AK-47 type; Barrett Light-Fifty model 82A1; Beretta AR-70; Bushmaster Auto Rifle and Auto Pistol; Calico models M-900, M-950 and 100-P; Chartered Industries of Singapore SR-88; Colt AR-15 and Sporter; Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max-1 and Max-2; Encom MK-IV, MP-9 and MP-45; Fabrique Nationale FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or FN/FNC; FAMAS MAS 223; Feather AT-9 and Mini-AT; Federal XC-900 and XC-450; Franchi SPAS-12 and LAW-12; Galil AR and ARM; Goncz High-Tech Carbine and High-Tech Long Pistol; Heckler & Koch HK-91, HK-93, HK-94 and SP-89; Holmes MP-83; MAC-10, MAC-11 and MAC-11 Carbine type; Intratec TEC-9 and Scorpion; Iver Johnson Enforcer model 3000; Ruger Mini-14/5F folding stock model only; Scarab Skorpion; SIG 57 AMT and 500 series; Spectre Auto Carbine and Auto Pistol; Springfield Armory BM59, SAR-48 and G-3; Sterling MK-6 and MK-7; Steyr AUG; Street Sweeper and Striker 12 revolving cylinder shotguns; USAS-12; UZI Carbine, Mini-Carbine and Pistol; Weaver Arms Nighthawk; Wilkinson "Linda" Pistol;

(2) A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (1) of this subsection, or any combination of parts from which an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (1) of this subsection, may be rapidly assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person;

(3) Any semiautomatic firearm not listed in subdivision (1) of this subsection that meets the following criteria:

(A) A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:

(i) A folding or telescoping stock;

(ii) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

(iii) A bayonet mount;

(iv) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and

(v) A grenade launcher; or

(B) A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:

(i) An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

(ii) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer;

(iii) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;

(iv) A manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and

(v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; or

(C) A semiautomatic shotgun that has at least two of the following:

(i) A folding or telescoping stock;

(ii) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

(iii) A fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds; and

(iv) An ability to accept a detachable magazine; or

(4) A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (3) of this subsection, or any combination of parts from which an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (3) of this subsection, may be rapidly assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person.

(b) As used in this section and sections 53-202b to 53-202k, inclusive, the term "assault weapon" does not include any firearm modified to render it permanently inoperable.

Posted On:
    6/23/2012 9:24pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So since your m-4 rifle has a pistol grip, and a detachable magazine, you may not have a flash surpressor, bayonet lug, or folding or telescoping stock. I know of no test case on whether an adjustable stock as featured on the m-4 is considered "telescoping" but since it does not completely collapse I'd argue that it is simply multi positional and not telescoping and therefore allowable under the statute. I've never heard of anyone getting arrested for that gear in Ct.

Posted On:
    6/23/2012 10:33pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    I've never heard of anyone getting arrested for that gear in Ct.
    Because any "self-respecting" LEO would only charge these inane assault weapon bans when the weapon is actually used in a crime....of course LE attitudes vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction so shooters beware.

Personally....if I was ever sent to your backyard range to check on "shots fired" and you were not using obviously illegal weapons...all I would ask for is a few rounds to test fire. ;)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 7:41am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its happened. The cops were more interested in talking guns than hassling us. They were pretty cool.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 10:57am

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lame. I cold take off the flashhider pretty easily, and replace the stock (just to be safe; however, in federal law as well as other state law, I believe the telescoping stock means exactly the stock on the M-4) but taking off the bayonet lug would mean I'd either have to get a new front sight post or grind it off.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 12:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    I'd either have to get a new front sight post or grind it off.
    A dremmel and a little aluma-black and presto.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 12:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah an M4 stock is one of those items. A solution is to set the stock to a desired length....drill a small hole through the stock and bottom of the extension tube and glue a metal pin into the hole to permanently pin the stock in place.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Posted On:
    6/24/2012 3:33pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    Lame. I cold take off the flashhider pretty easily, and replace the stock (just to be safe; however, in federal law as well as other state law, I believe the telescoping stock means exactly the stock on the M-4) but taking off the bayonet lug would mean I'd either have to get a new front sight post or grind it off.
    We'll just loan you an AR if you show up :)
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast