Posted On:
    6/04/2012 3:41pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Bullshido Shootout returns!

Listen up, people.

Sam Browning and I will be hosting another Bullshido Shootout this summer on July 27-28th in lovely eastern Connecticut.

Unlike Camp Skeletor with it's quality instruction, alive training, and overall usefulness; the shootout is a gun-noob friendly event wherein everybody who wants to will have the chance to sample from a ridiculous assortment of weapons to try at an outdoor range.

Available weapons include my entire arsenal, my father-in-law's arsenal, my wife's arsenal, and anyone else who cares to bring a an arsenal. It's an arsenal thing...

Everybody over the age of 21 is welcome. I have available floor space for sleeping, or you can camp out in the woods at the range, if you like.

Quite simply, if you are thinking of buying gun and want to try some before you commit the cash, this is perfect. All we ask is that you bring ammo, or bring money for ammo. Because ammo is expensive and freeloaders are douchebags.

If you just want to come and shoot with a bunch of cool people, this is the time to do it.

Naturally, there will be safety lectures and liability waivers, and noob-friendly instruction is free.

Beer and burgers (after shooting).

Chime in on this thread to make arrangements!
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Posted On:
    6/04/2012 4:27pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you Scrapper!

And remember the golden rules of the Browning range.

"Thou shall not consume any booze or mind altering narcotics before or during shooting".

And thou shall not behave like an asshole while manipulating, or using firearms.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/04/2012 5:13pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This sounds really cool. Wish I was on the East Coast.

Posted On:
    6/04/2012 7:22pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh crap, I might be able to make the 28th, at least....

Gears are turning.

Posted On:
    6/04/2012 7:26pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the purposes of... well... common sense, we should probably limit this to members in good standing and people they vouch for.

But then, it's not my shindig so entirely up to you guys.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    6/04/2012 7:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i had a blast at the last one, not sure if i can make it, but will let you know soon
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    6/04/2012 7:47pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vetted and sponsored members only, then. Space is limited on the range, anyway. I don't want any more than 3 noobs per experienced shooter.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    6/04/2012 7:51pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
    Listen up, people.

Sam Browning and I will be hosting another Bullshido Shootout this summer on July 27-28th in lovely eastern Connecticut.

Unlike Camp Skeletor with it's quality instruction, alive training, and overall usefulness; the shootout is a gun-noob friendly event wherein everybody who wants to will have the chance to sample from a ridiculous assortment of weapons to try at an outdoor range.

Available weapons include my entire arsenal, my father-in-law's arsenal, my wife's arsenal, and anyone else who cares to bring a an arsenal. It's an arsenal thing...

Everybody over the age of 21 is welcome. I have available floor space for sleeping, or you can camp out in the woods at the range, if you like.

Quite simply, if you are thinking of buying gun and want to try some before you commit the cash, this is perfect. All we ask is that you bring ammo, or bring money for ammo. Because ammo is expensive and freeloaders are douchebags.

If you just want to come and shoot with a bunch of cool people, this is the time to do it.

Naturally, there will be safety lectures and liability waivers, and noob-friendly instruction is free.

Beer and burgers (after shooting).

Chime in on this thread to make arrangements!
    I don't think I'll be able to make it this year. Financial constraints and other commitments. :(

Just for reference, what firearms are legal in CT? What restrictions are there which may not exist in all states of the union?
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    6/04/2012 8:23pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We have some weird assault rifle rules...

No ak47, but sks is fine. No colt ar15, but other manufacturer's are fine.

No mac-10s, no uzis, no machine pistols.

Other than that, game on.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Posted On:
    6/04/2012 9:51pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No select fire weapons, an idiot CT law. If you want to show up with a machine gun you better have your class III license with you.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast