Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    6/06/2012 4:08pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    So this man involved in direct violence in the past may teach them things looking for a more combat aplication rather than joe's karate studio next door.
    Point taken, but I was going somewhere else with it. His martial arts may be kick-ass, rock and roll stuff because he has some actual street experience.

I knew a timid, sheltered, rich kid from Lake Forest (think the Beverly Hills of Illinois) that turned into an animal on the streets when confronted. Conversely, I knew a guy that grew up in the Robert Taylor Homes (one of the worst areas in the south side of Chicago) all of his life. Although he talked much ****, when it came down to it, he always negotiated his way out of or ran from a real threat.

It just goes to show you that it comes down to the individual and what they are willing to do in order to survive.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2012 4:58pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    I understand what you mean, but my question was more along the lines of the actual trainning he gives this kids even krotty for kids is still theoreticaly preparing them to defend themselves in a worse case scenario, So this man involved in direct violence in the past may teach them things looking for a more combat aplication rather than joe's karate studio next door.

Simple english because I'm not a native speaker: He fought in the streets, now he teaches a martial art. Even if watered down karate for kids he may put some of his experience in the past in the teaching he gives the kids in theory giving them better chances to survive than a non-violent past instructor.
    White power / neo-nazi fight tactics is not often to attack 1 on 1 when ever they can avoid it, but for a surprise group attack on a lone individual or a small group by a larger group, such as the couple of attacks at 16 min in this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0-wqC14c3g

So not sure how well that would transfer into martial arts training, which is almost always trained in a 1 on 1 scenario.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/06/2012 5:23pm

supporting member
     Style: yoga/bodyweight mainly

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ty5 View Post
    White power / neo-nazi fight tactics is not often to attack 1 on 1 when ever they can avoid it, but for a surprise group attack on a lone individual or a small group by a larger group, such as the couple of attacks at 16 min in this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0-wqC14c3g

So not sure how well that would transfer into martial arts training, which is almost always trained in a 1 on 1 scenario.
    Doesn't mean he didn't have one on one experience.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Start a training log!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2012 6:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilde88 View Post
    Doesn't mean he didn't have one on one experience.

Yes it is possible, but should not be assumed just because he was part of a white power group, as their modus operandi is to avoid a 'fair fight'.

Posted On:
    6/06/2012 6:20pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    White power / neo-nazi fight tactics is not often to attack 1 on 1 when ever they can avoid it, but for a surprise group attack on a lone individual or a small group by a larger group,
    Indeed, skin heads and chavs both follow the pack model of aggression. They only attack if they're in superior numbers and only target a lone individual or weak group i.e with females.

They never attack a larger group of males.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/06/2012 6:59pm

supporting member
     Style: yoga/bodyweight mainly

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes it is possible, but should not be assumed just because he was part of a white power group, as their modus operandi is to avoid a 'fair fight'.
    I wasn't trying to imply otherwise.

Start a training log!

Posted On:
    6/06/2012 7:21pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Indeed, skin heads and chavs both follow the pack model of aggression. They only attack if they're in superior numbers and only target a lone individual or weak group i.e with females.

Yep local thugs and muggers do the same over here.

Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post

I knew a timid, sheltered, rich kid from Lake Forest (think the Beverly Hills of Illinois) that turned into an animal on the streets when confronted.
    It just goes to show you that it comes down to the individual and what they are willing to do in order to survive.
    I catch your drift and agree with you, but I think that the porcentage of more violent willing people came from the toughest background.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/06/2012 7:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Novice Sub Grappler

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post

While this may be true, we're talking about Boneheads.

Also, isn't the same true for Mods, Teds, Punks, Rockers and various and sundry herberts and Firm hooligans?
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    6/06/2012 8:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    While this may be true, we're talking about Boneheads.

Also, isn't the same true for Mods, Teds, Punks, Rockers and various and sundry herberts and Firm hooligans?

While i agree for the most part on where you are coming from, it seems you are deliberately ignoring factions of self identified racist skinheads in order to protect the identity of your own subculture.
    The jargon you are using is nearly meaningless outside of the subcultures themselves, don't you think?
    That many people incorrectly equate skinheads with racism doesn't mean that there are not factions of racist skinheads that identify as such; Hammerskins and the some European groups come to mind.

..or are you making a teh r34l argument?

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/06/2012 9:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Novice Sub Grappler

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    While i agree for the most part on where you are coming from, it seems you are deliberately ignoring factions of self identified racist skinheads in order to protect the identity of your own subculture.
    The jargon you are using is nearly meaningless outside of the subcultures themselves, don't you think?
    That many people incorrectly equate skinheads with racism doesn't mean that there are not factions of racist skinheads that identify as such; Hammerskins and the some European groups come to mind.

..or are you making a teh r34l argument?
    First off, I am not a Skinhead, I just share a musical interest with them and am friends with many. Calling the Nazi group by the identical name encourages directing Antifa sentiment and hostility towards people who actively oppose Nazis and Racism. Yes there are two groups referred to by 'Skinhead' in the vernacular; there are also two groups called 'Indian' and only one reference is CORRECT. Go ahead and innocently point out the Hindus when Custer comes looking for 'Injuns' if you wish, but don't pretend you're not responsible for what happens next.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345