232555 Bullies, 4320 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 19 of 19
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. WorldWarCheese is offline
    WorldWarCheese's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,121

    Posted On:
    6/10/2012 2:30am


     Style: Muay Thai n00b

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am in no way being spiteful.
    Fucking liar.

    You must have missed the same reading comprehension class that perm did.
    I don't need to read bullshit like that.

    The context of this thread is about positive attitude... BLAH BLAH BLAH I'm being a MAJOR DOWNER HERE
    Thanks for shitting up something positive, HATER.
  2. Auszi is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    433

    Posted On:
    6/10/2012 5:10am


     Style: BJJ Beginner

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    The context of this thread is about positive attitude which has little to do with prosthetics. The girl in that picture isn't running because her positive attitude is somehow levitating her, she is running because someone gave her a $30,000 dollar set of feet. Those prosthetic feet don't really care if she is positive or not they will work either way. I would argue the thumb part that having a prosthetic robot thumb really wouldn't be applicable since it really wouldn't be her winning in that case, but rather the robot thumb.

    Now since you were arguing more about prosthetics and disability than you were about positive attitude, which was my main point, I can see you did in fact **** up the point of my post and that I must be too cerebral for you to comprehend.

    Positive attitude is nothing more than chi with a different name. It has no power to overcome a disability beyond the point of motivation to try. But here's the thing I have seen just as much accomplished with a negative attitude. There is no super power to a positive attitude and the concept that it can help you to achieve greatness or save you from disaster is total bullshit. There is such a thing as limitation, and if you don't know your limitations you are a danger to yourself and others. Not to mention lack of humility and doubt, they are the yin to the yang of positive attitude, without them you are nothing more than a narcissist.
    swing and a miss.
  3. Bneterasedmynam is online now

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,242

    Posted On:
    6/11/2012 8:21am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarCheese View Post
    Fucking liar.


    I don't need to read bullshit like that.


    Thanks for shitting up something positive, HATER.
    How is the recognition of bullshit spiteful??

    Shitting up something positive yeah because I'm the only one on this site to ever do that. I'm just calling it like I see it.
  4. Bneterasedmynam is online now

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,242

    Posted On:
    6/11/2012 8:23am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auszi View Post
    swing and a miss.
    You must be one of those blind umpires I keep hearing about.
  5. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,683

    Posted On:
    6/11/2012 12:05pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    The context of this thread is about positive attitude which has little to do with prosthetics. The girl in that picture isn't running because her positive attitude is somehow levitating her, she is running because someone gave her a $30,000 dollar set of feet.
    I think that $30,000 pair of feet would not have happened without positive attitude. Without it, the girl, the buyer, and the engineer would've just shrugged at the prospect that the girl can't run.


    Those prosthetic feet don't really care if she is positive or not they will work either way.
    The feet have become part of a mechanism that, in a very real way, runs on thoughts. Take the human brain out of the equation and show me those indifferent prosthetics run.

    I would argue the thumb part that having a prosthetic robot thumb really wouldn't be applicable since it really wouldn't be her winning in that case, but rather the robot thumb.
    Oh okay. So you're probably one of those guys that complains to the commission when a guy without legs beats you in a marathon.

    "They're TITANIUM! It's an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE!!"

    Now since you were arguing more about prosthetics and disability than you were about positive attitude, which was my main point, I can see you did in fact **** up the point of my post and that I must be too cerebral for you to comprehend.
    I'm not the one who came up with the thumbless arm wrestler parallel. That was the one pillar you laid your argument upon. Pointing out that the scenario is silly does, in fact, diminish your original point as well.

    Positive attitude is nothing more than chi with a different name. It has no power to overcome a disability beyond the point of motivation to try.
    The bolded part is quite an obstacle for a lot of disabled people, so even if all it does is get people to try, that can be very important.

    But here's the thing I have seen just as much accomplished with a negative attitude.
    Really? I've seen things accomplished that would only be attempted with a positive attitude, because if one figured they would fail, they would not attempt it. Do you think there would be astronauts if they figured that with so many calculations and moving parts, they would almost certainly be incinerated and never make it to space?

    There is no super power to a positive attitude and the concept that it can help you to achieve greatness or save you from disaster is total bullshit. There is such a thing as limitation, and if you don't know your limitations you are a danger to yourself and others. Not to mention lack of humility and doubt, they are the yin to the yang of positive attitude, without them you are nothing more than a narcissist.
    Oh hey, it's me during my freshman year of highschool! Hey, let me tell you some stocks to invest in! Join the wrestling team- it'll be totally worth it!
  6. Bneterasedmynam is online now

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,242

    Posted On:
    6/11/2012 2:32pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I think that $30,000 pair of feet would not have happened without positive attitude. Without it, the girl, the buyer, and the engineer would've just shrugged at the prospect that the girl can't run.



    The feet have become part of a mechanism that, in a very real way, runs on thoughts. Take the human brain out of the equation and show me those indifferent prosthetics run.


    Oh okay. So you're probably one of those guys that complains to the commission when a guy without legs beats you in a marathon.

    "They're TITANIUM! It's an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE!!"


    I'm not the one who came up with the thumbless arm wrestler parallel. That was the one pillar you laid your argument upon. Pointing out that the scenario is silly does, in fact, diminish your original point as well.


    The bolded part is quite an obstacle for a lot of disabled people, so even if all it does is get people to try, that can be very important.


    Really? I've seen things accomplished that would only be attempted with a positive attitude, because if one figured they would fail, they would not attempt it. Do you think there would be astronauts if they figured that with so many calculations and moving parts, they would almost certainly be incinerated and never make it to space?


    Oh hey, it's me during my freshman year of highschool! Hey, let me tell you some stocks to invest in! Join the wrestling team- it'll be totally worth it!
    Again I never said positive attitude wasn't a good thing, I only said it isn't the magic "chi" you guys are making it out to be.

    Now as far as prosthetic legs running with indifference, that's easy :
  7. StepInCross is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    187

    Posted On:
    6/22/2012 3:36am


     Style: Delusion

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why the hate towards, Bneterasedmynam?

    His point is logically sound. Just because his message is negative does not mean he is incorrect.
  8. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,683

    Posted On:
    6/22/2012 11:25am

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StepInCross View Post
    Why the hate towards, Bneterasedmynam?

    His point is logically sound. Just because his message is negative does not mean he is incorrect.
    He says a positive attitude is less important than we think, I say its more important than he thinks, and since he's bneterasedmyname he's got to start acting like a prick when someone doesn't agree with him.
  9. The Question is offline
    The Question's Avatar

    Octopussy!

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,593

    Posted On:
    6/22/2012 6:18pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    He says a positive attitude is less important than we think, I say its more important than he thinks, and since he's bneterasedmyname he's got to start acting like a prick when someone doesn't agree with him.

    Dude your fucking avatar is a motherfucking phage closing in to **** up some bacteria. FUCKING PLUS 10, MOTHERFUCKERRRR!!! I didn't realize because I hardly look at avatars and ****. Fucking A. Damn, that's a massive phage though. Not drawn to scale and ****?

    Also, I agree with bbteredadygf, or whatever the **** his name is.

    Personally I think this motivational mondays is bullshit. I haven't seen a single one that would motivate a reasonable person not interested in motherfucking platitudes.

    The only disability in life is a bad attitude? are you fucking kidding me? No. Having no motherfucking legs is a real disability. **** a bad attitude. The proportion of successful motherfuckers with a bad attitude is higher than the proportion of successful people with no motherfucking legs.

    Second reason that this is motherfucking bullshit is the following: It trivializes real suffering. Yes, a ************ has no legs and we should not pity that person all his motherfucking life because that is stupid and we would like for him to stand on his own two feet. Metaphorically of course, because clearly he can't literally do that ****. So we acknowledge the disability and treat that person like an equal. That is all.

    But, to do this ****, to show a photo of a moment with an innocent smile and to say "look ************, young girl with no legs and no arms and therefore very limited motor skills can run and look happy and smile, and therefore you who have two arms and two legs, should also smile". But this kind of thing is the most intellectually dishonest piece of tripe I have come across since that one time Porky Pig's intestines tried to give me a lecture on the merits of vegetarianism.

    Using persons with disability as poster boys for platitudes is wrong.
    Stop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.